Thread: Central Divinity and North Beggar: few interactions?

Default Central Divinity and North Beggar: few interactions?

As the central figure and most powerful martial artist among the original Five Greats of the Southern Sung Dynasty era, Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung had various dealings with the other four Greats beyond their famous gathering at the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Wong Chung Yeung consulted with East Heretic Wong Yerk See to discover the secret of how Lam Chiu Ying was able to write on stone with her finger. Wong Chung Yeung also famously exchanged martial arts skills with South Emperor Deun Chi Hing in Dali Kingdom (leading to Chow Bak Tung's affair with Ying Goo). In his last act before his death, Wong Chung Yeung also foiled West Poison Au Yeung Fung's first attempt to acquire the 9 Yum Jen Ging and crippled Au Yeung's martial arts for several years.

Outside of the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, however, Wong Chung Yeung seemed to have no real dealings with North Beggar Hung 7 Gung. I'm surprised that these two didn't get together more often. Among the Five Greats, Central Divinity and North Beggar were the most straightforward heroes. Moreover, the organizations they led (the Cheun Jen Sect and the Beggar's Union, respectively) were the most active wulin organizations in resisting the Jin Empire. They reasonably should have met up more, but apparently did not.

Hong Qi Gong was known for being hard to find and he comes and goes whenever he wants (in search of fine cuisine ). Wang Chongyang seems to want to keep himself in the tomb he made/hut he built/Quanzhen. So I guess unless H7G looks for WCY or Wang Chongyang knows where to find him, or its something really important for them (Mt. Hua tournament) it seems like they will most likely won't be able to meet.

On the other hand, since both of them have powerful martial arts and are NOT greedy to want other people's wugong, so more reason for the lack of need to meet.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Wang Chongyang seems to want to keep himself in the tomb he made/hut he built/Quanzhen.
    That was pre-Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. After leaving the Ancient Tomb, Wong Cheung Yeung was quite gregarious. He had to seek out, recruit, and train his first batch of students. He also had to organize and host the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Additionally, he made the trip down to Dali Kingdom to exchange skills with South Emperor. These aren't the activities of a recluse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That was pre-Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. After leaving the Ancient Tomb, Wong Cheung Yeung was quite gregarious. He had to seek out, recruit, and train his first batch of students. He also had to organize and host the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Additionally, he made the trip down to Dali Kingdom to exchange skills with South Emperor. These aren't the activities of a recluse.
    well, yeah I agree with those except that with those activities, he seems to know where to go to/where to find the people he's looking for. Which isn't necessarily be the same if he's looking for H7Q. Even H7G disciples and beggar clan members find it difficult to find him. What more someone whom he doesn't have the need to communicate with.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    well, yeah I agree with those except that with those activities, he seems to know where to go to/where to find the people he's looking for. Which isn't necessarily be the same if he's looking for H7Q. Even H7G disciples and beggar clan members find it difficult to find him. What more someone whom he doesn't have the need to communicate with.
    The Cheun Jen Sect and the Beggar's Union were the most active anti-Jin (and later, anti-Mongol) wulin organizations. I imagine that they might have gotten together a few times to discuss how they would resist the Jin Empire's hegemony.

Geographically, too, I think Central Divinity and North Beggar were the most closely located to one another. Mt. Chung Nam, where the Chung Yeung Temple of the Cheun Jen Sect was located, is in the northern part of China (the part occupied by the Jin Empire during LOCH and by the Mongol Empire during ROCH), which is also the same general region where North Beggar (hence, his title) and the Beggar's Union were known to hang out. That's much less a trip than going out to the coast (where Peach Blossom Island and East Heretic were), down to Dali Kingdom (where South Emperor was), or out to Turkestan (where West Poison was). Opportunities for Central Divinity and North Beggar to meet should have come more easily than opportunities for Central Divinity to meet the other Greats.

That said, realistically, I see people who don't live anywhere near me much more than I do my next door neighbor.