View Poll Results: Which is the Worst Mainland TV Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bu Bu Jing Xin

    3 30.00%
  • Princess Pearl

    4 40.00%
  • Xiaozhuang Mishi

    3 30.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

Thread: The Worst Mainland TV Series

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    I didn't want to post.. but...
    anyhow.. worlds speak volume as to how people seem to so influence by the press and TV series. from your protective the 2 girl were influence by the series.. but from my protective you are influence by the press words. From what I understand last year BBJX was not the only Qing time travel series Gong was also a Qing time travel series. I wonder as to why the press did not use Gong as the cost of the 2 girl death... Oh i got it.. it because is would not make the news had they use Gong as the cost of these 2 girls death... As a grown up person.. I believe that you should not always believe what the press say.. they tend to be one sided trying to sell as much news as they can. They no longer writing about news.. they are selling news.. trying to get as much reader as they can... Being BBJX is one of the most popular and well know show.. they would use that show as a stepping stone for their news...

  2. #22
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    I didn't want to post.. but...
    anyhow.. worlds speak volume as to how people seem to so influence by the press and TV series. from your protective the 2 girl were influence by the series.. but from my protective you are influence by the press words. From what I understand last year BBJX was not the only Qing time travel series Gong was also a Qing time travel series. I wonder as to why the press did not use Gong as the cost of the 2 girl death... Oh i got it.. it because is would not make the news had they use Gong as the cost of these 2 girls death... As a grown up person.. I believe that you should not always believe what the press say.. they tend to be one sided trying to sell as much news as they can. They no longer writing about news.. they are selling news.. trying to get as much reader as they can... Being BBJX is one of the most popular and well know show.. they would use that show as a stepping stone for their news...


    In the note that the girl left, she said in her life she want to go back to the qing dynasty. Therefore she must be influence by the bu bu series.

    I'm caring for human lives.....What's wrong with that?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    but was BBJX the only time travel series of last year..
    that is my question...
    No it was not..

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    In the note that the girl left, she said in her life she want to go back to the qing dynasty. Therefore she must be influence by the bu bu series.

    I'm caring for human lives.....What's wrong with that?

  4. #24
    Senior Member S Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    worst adaptation: LOCH 2008 (although I love it as a standalone series)
    There has been much more worse butchered adaptions than LOCH. A lot of the old TW wuxia adaptions by Yang Pei Pei can definitely revival. I heard the 80s TVB version of State of Divinity with Chow Yun Fat is quite notorious, too. And most non-Jin Yong wuxias get butchered by everyone (mostly b/c no one actually knows what the real plot is).

    Though, I do agree that a lot of these series are actually pretty good if considered as a "stand alone" series. That's why sometimes you just go into any series thinking of it as an "adaption". It's like eating at "fushion" restaurants. The food actually tastes pretty decent, but nothing can be considered "authentic".

    Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    oh did we move the troll conversation over?
    Last edited by S Beaver; 04-03-12 at 06:26 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

  5. #25
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Kangxi and Yongzheng were both effective leaders whose reigns were characterized by stability and prosperity. And BBJX is a fictional spin on history, not a documentary, for heaven's sakes. The adaptation hardly portrayed them as saints, and didn't shy away from their scheming and despicable acts at all. Since you didn't even watch the drama, it's pointless to argue with you.

    Than why is there such han group as heaven and earth society that wanted to get rid of the evil qing emperors?

    When han people were suffering, why the the qing emperor eat luxuriously in his palace?

    I did watch the series, I only took note on how good they portray these qing emperor/princes to be. Little kid will be easily indulged in that because they used so many popular actor/actress that have much influence in mainland pop cultures today in this series.

    Good actors/actresses making a tv show for all the wrong things in the mainland.....how worst can it get?

  6. #26
    Senior Member jadebunny9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hoppingland
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    The worst mainland TV series has got to be the new Water Margin. While I will admit that it's not my favorite story, the series was an absolute bore.

    Where's TC when you need him?


    And it bothers me very much whenever something bad happens, society is to blame. If parents will actually teach their kids to use some brain cells, a lot of tragedy can be avoided.

  7. #27
    Senior Member snowflakesdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    The worst mainland TV series has got to be the new Water Margin. While I will admit that it's not my favorite story, the series was an absolute bore.
    really? I was planning to watch it but I guess it would have to move to the last of my to-watch list.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

  8. #28
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    The worst mainland TV series has got to be the new Water Margin. While I will admit that it's not my favorite story, the series was an absolute bore.

    Where's TC when you need him?


    And it bothers me very much whenever something bad happens, society is to blame. If parents will actually teach their kids to use some brain cells, a lot of tragedy can be avoided.


    I'm pretty sure those pretty actors/actresses have more influence on these kids than their parents do.

    If Water Margin is boring than why is it consider as one of the best novel in the mainland?

  9. #29
    Senior Member S Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    The worst mainland TV series has got to be the new Water Margin. While I will admit that it's not my favorite story, the series was an absolute bore.
    Really? I really liked it. I think out of all the recent 4 classic remakes, it was probably the best one. The Song Jiang parts were a total bore, but I thought all the other side stories were pretty good. And the side characters had some pretty good eye candy

    Where's TC when you need him?


    And it bothers me very much whenever something bad happens, society is to blame. If parents will actually teach their kids to use some brain cells, a lot of tragedy can be avoided.
    Well, parents in general are a product of society. Still, the rate of these things type of things happening are still fairly low. I mean, you are more likely to die from a car accident, but no one seems to be arguing that we should ban driving.
    Last edited by S Beaver; 04-03-12 at 08:42 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

  10. #30
    Member Xaari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Than why is there such han group as heaven and earth society that wanted to get rid of the evil qing emperors?

    When han people were suffering, why the the qing emperor eat luxuriously in his palace?

    I did watch the series, I only took note on how good they portray these qing emperor/princes to be. Little kid will be easily indulged in that because they used so many popular actor/actress that have much influence in mainland pop cultures today in this series.

    Good actors/actresses making a tv show for all the wrong things in the mainland.....how worst can it get?
    What on earth does that have to do with BBJX specifically? Han people have both suffered and oppressed all throughout history. So what? If even Kangxi was "evil," then all emperors in history were evil too. All rulers had enemies who wanted to overthrow them, but that doesn't make them evil. Corrupt government officials eat luxuriously in their mansions too, even today. What's that got to do with BBJX? You said you watched the drama, so then you saw how Yongzheng steamed people alive. So that's portraying him as being good, according to you?

    What about Gong I and II? They involve time travel to the Qing Dynasty and feature the same historical figures as BBJX, but you never mention them as being a terrible influence. Are you going to rant about every single time travel drama?

    Children have poor judgment, period. So if actors jump off a building in a movie and manage to fly, does that mean the movie is horrible, because then kids will be tempted to jump off buildings? Being able to fly is even more believable than being able to time-travel. Your argument is ridiculous.

    Did you even read the articles clearly?

    China Daily is a state-owned paper, described by the Committee to Protect Journalists as "straitlaced." People's Daily Online is the website of People's Daily, which until recently described itself as "the official newspaper of the Communist Party of China" it now offers a more circumspect description: "one of the world's top ten newspapers." It's possible that Huang and China Daily were under pressure from the government to paint the girls' suicide as a direct result of the evil influence of time travel.

  11. #31
    Senior Member tobemela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    From my understanding time travel series are now banned in China.

  12. #32
    Member bakaPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    From my understanding time travel series are now banned in China.
    I'm not exactly sure but I thought they just had to approve of it even if it's banned. Time travel series have been banned way before BBJX and Gong and they were able to pass it through SARFT or w/e.

  13. #33
    Member Xaari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    From my understanding time travel series are now banned in China.
    Time travel series like Rooftop Prince, which originate from other countries, are still aired in China.

    Also, 梦回唐朝 is another time travel drama that is expected to air in May, so they're not banned.
    Last edited by Xaari; 04-03-12 at 10:47 PM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member MysticDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Than why is there such han group as heaven and earth society that wanted to get rid of the evil qing emperors?

    When han people were suffering, why the the qing emperor eat luxuriously in his palace?
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Han societies' attempt to overthrow the Qing stemmed from the fact that the Qing emperors were of Manchurian descent. It's mainly a patriotic thing. They didn't want their Han people "oppressed" by Manchus. But if you look farther back in history, the reason why Machus succeeded in overthrowing the prior Han-ruled dynasty was due to a corrupt ruler (or so history would like us to believe; but keep in mind that history is written and preserved by the winners).

    There have always been rebel groups that tried to overthrow/usurp the throne, but just because there are groups and organizations that want to overthrow a ruler, that doesn't necessarily make the ruler "bad." And hey, you have to take into account that they never succeeded. If the emperor was so bad, you would think these rebel groups would have enough supporters to overthrow said emperor.

    If you do a quick wiki search on YongZheng (4th prince of BBJX), he had done bad things (especially the stuff he did to his brothers), but some good did come from his rule (like his stance on corruption).

    I did watch the series, I only took note on how good they portray these qing emperor/princes to be.
    I don't think they did portray these princes to be all that good. I think it would probably be more accurate to say that they were able to successfully portray these characters as multi-faceted. Like people in real life, you treat your loved ones with kindness, but you treat your enemies quite differently. If you recall, 4th ordered a guy to be quartered by horses, steamed a girl alive, and stole the throne from his brother (as portrayed in BBJX). I don't think that should be regarded as being portrayed as "good."

    Little kid will be easily indulged in that because they used so many popular actor/actress that have much influence in mainland pop cultures today in this series.

    Good actors/actresses making a tv show for all the wrong things in the mainland.....how worst can it get?
    People come together to make a show that are hopefully good enough to entertain, win awards, and make money. They have no control over how others react to it. I am going to be lenient and assume the makers of BBJX didn't make the show with the intention of influencing a girl to kill herself. If she had suicidal thoughts or behaviors, you cannot put the blame on this particular show or its makers.

    It doesn't matter if the show was made in the mainland or if it's this particular show or some other show, if there are people out there who cannot judge real life from fantasy and they have the motives or intentions to do themselves harm, sad things will happen.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 04-03-12 at 11:49 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I agreed with you. can see it how Kangxi treated his children differently.

  16. #36
    Member Mwahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Psh, you seem to have a personal grudge against BBJX & all dramas other than Journey to the West.

  17. #37
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Han societies' attempt to overthrow the Qing stemmed from the fact that the Qing emperors were of Manchurian descent. It's mainly a patriotic thing. They didn't want their Han people "oppressed" by Manchus. But if you look farther back in history, the reason why Machus succeeded in overthrowing the prior Han-ruled dynasty was due to a corrupt ruler (or so history would like us to believe; but keep in mind that history is written and preserved by the winners).

    There have always been rebel groups that tried to overthrow/usurp the throne, but just because there are groups and organizations that want to overthrow a ruler, that doesn't necessarily make the ruler "bad." And hey, you have to take into account that they never succeeded. If the emperor was so bad, you would think these rebel groups would have enough supporters to overthrow said emperor.

    If you do a quick wiki search on YongZheng (4th prince of BBJX), he had done bad things (especially the stuff he did to his brothers), but some good did come from his rule (like his stance on corruption).


    I don't think they did portray these princes to be all that good. I think it would probably be more accurate to say that they were able to successfully portray these characters as multi-faceted. Like people in real life, you treat your loved ones with kindness, but you treat your enemies quite differently. If you recall, 4th ordered a guy to be quartered by horses, steamed a girl alive, and stole the throne from his brother (as portrayed in BBJX). I don't think that should be regarded as being portrayed as "good."


    People come together to make a show that are hopefully good enough to entertain, win awards, and make money. They have no control over how others react to it. I am going to be lenient and assume the makers of BBJX didn't make the show with the intention of influencing a girl to kill herself. If she had suicidal thoughts or behaviors, you cannot put the blame on this particular show or its makers.

    It doesn't matter if the show was made in the mainland or if it's this particular show or some other show, if there are people out there who cannot judge real life from fantasy and they have the motives or intentions to do themselves harm, sad things will happen.


    Yeah but most kids would only note the love scenes/stories much more than they take note of any other stuff that goes on in the series. So the end result is very different.

    About the han society against the qing leaders, what you're saying is the end justify the means? And that they should not care who is in charge as long as they get peace and stability?


    Xaari you know what you're right Gong is also about going back to the qing dynasty and none the less from the girl note, she wanted to go back to the qing dynasty so maybe both show is to be at blame since there is no clue as to which show she watched and was indulged into. I say both show producers/actors/actresses should be blame.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    it sooooo funny how people tend to blame other for their problem but never look at themselves as the problem. I guess that if your or your children goes stray then is other people fault's not yours... No is this show faults for my children to be this way.. people never look at themselves and asked what did I do that may have cause things to be this way or that way.. always blame things around them...
    I hate how people like to look for easy ways out... we should ban this ban that so that it easier.. they never try to get to the root of the problem.. This death was never the show... The problem is the family itself..


    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Yeah but most kids would only note the love scenes/stories much more than they take note of any other stuff that goes on in the series. So the end result is very different.

    About the han society against the qing leaders, what you're saying is the end justify the means? And that they should not care who is in charge as long as they get peace and stability?


    Xaari you know what you're right Gong is also about going back to the qing dynasty and none the less from the girl note, she wanted to go back to the qing dynasty so maybe both show is to be at blame since there is no clue as to which show she watched and was indulged into. I say both show producers/actors/actresses should be blame.

  19. #39
    Senior Member S Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post

    About the han society against the qing leaders, what you're saying is the end justify the means? And that they should not care who is in charge as long as they get peace and stability?
    That's a very debatable political issue. To put things into perspective, what do you think of the US government?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

  20. #40
    Senior Member MysticDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Yeah but most kids would only note the love scenes/stories much more than they take note of any other stuff that goes on in the series. So the end result is very different.
    Not really sure I understand this statement. Are you saying that the love scenes corrupt kids? I guess I can see how people can be confused by real history and romanticized history, but BBJX is not the only show guilty of romanticizing history. It's a fictional show and does not label itself as a documentary. It was not meant to be an accurate take on history. If viewers are confused with the situation, they can only blame themselves, their personal experiences, and education. I don't think we should blame BBJX and its makers for people's misconception.

    From what I have read previous regarding this article about the girls (may they rest in peace), my cynical mind wonders if the article was designed to convince readers to condone censorship. Just because some girls made poor choices and made a reference that may or may not involve BBJX, should we censor it for the greater good? If we censor BBJX because it romanticized history and used time travel as a theme, what other shows, books, etc will we censor in order to "protect" people for the greater good? In the end, who gets to judge what is good and what needs to be censored because it has the potential to "corrupt?"

    Instead of blaming a show for people's actions, should we not look to educate our young so they can tell the difference between fact and fiction? Wouldn't this help more people in the long run?

    About the han society against the qing leaders, what you're saying is the end justify the means? And that they should not care who is in charge as long as they get peace and stability?
    Not really. What I am trying to say is that just because there are organizations out there attempting to overthrow a ruler doesn't necessarily make the ruler a bad person. We should judge the ruler based on his actions and the good/bad that came from his reign. From what I have learned of YongZheng, he has done bad things, but there is also some good thrown in the mix.

    I guess its one of those things where you have to decide for yourself. Would you rather a Han ruler who rules with an iron fist and oppress his own people or a Qing ruler who is just and fair. I was raised to not judge people by their race, color, etc, so my personal choice is the merit of his actions rather than his background, but I know others will disagree, so I will not try to force anyone to think like me.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 04-04-12 at 07:53 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Similar Threads

  1. Mainland Series Index
    By triumph2004 in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-12, 02:57 AM
  2. How to watch mainland China TV series?
    By 2Charlie in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-11, 07:43 AM
  3. 2010 - 2011 Best Mainland TV Series Poll
    By IPlayWow in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-29-11, 11:39 PM
  4. What Series Would You Like Mainland to REmake?
    By IPlayWow in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-11, 10:38 AM
  5. Ratings for Mainland Series
    By yearning in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-07, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts