View Poll Results: Which is the Worst Mainland TV Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bu Bu Jing Xin

    3 30.00%
  • Princess Pearl

    4 40.00%
  • Xiaozhuang Mishi

    3 30.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88

Thread: The Worst Mainland TV Series

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    assuming you don't know much about mainland people culture, a girl should only be with one guy......

    I don't know what they call a girl who have so many guys wherever you're living is but in the mainland, she will be consider unfaithful.

    What will a girl parent think if she bring home a different guy every night for dinner?

    Seem like there's people here who keep name calling and saying such things that doesn't have much to do with anything relating to the topic......Any mod will say anything about this?
    Well, see that was why I wrote "1 girl with many guys theme portrayed in dramas (BBJX esp.)" because that theme was portrayed as the guys themselves fell for one girl. It has NOTHING to do with her dating with all those guys AT THE SAME TIME so I think you're wrong in saying that she's unfaithful. One can't control how others feel about oneself. She didn't brainwashed them to all like her.

    So I'm unfaithful if there are more than 1 guys who like me and pursue me??? Even if I like one guy out of those many guys? Or if I liked one, went out on date(s) but realized we don't clicked and broke up, and then fall for another (after I broke up with the other guy already). While all these was happening there was a 3rd guy who likes me but I have no feeling for him whatsoever. So basically you're telling me I'm unfaithful? (Let's not talk about how Chinese people feel (about me being unfaithful or not from my example above) but you specifically b/c you don't represent the Mainland Chinese people, or any group actually. You represent yourself only)

    And how does BBJX influence girls to bring home different guys each night????????? Is there another version of BBJX drama I didn't know of???
    Last edited by fuyuko; 04-08-12 at 10:49 PM.

  2. #62
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    Well, see that was why I wrote "1 girl with many guys theme portrayed in dramas (BBJX esp.)" because that theme was portrayed as the guys themselves fell for one girl. It has NOTHING to do with her dating with all those guys AT THE SAME TIME so I think you're wrong in saying that she's unfaithful. One can't control how others feel about oneself. She didn't brainwashed them to all like her.

    So I'm unfaithful if there are more than 1 guys who like me and pursue me??? Even if I like one guy out of those many guys? Or if I liked one, went out on date(s) but realized we don't clicked and broke up, and then fall for another (after I broke up with the other guy already). While all these was happening there was a 3rd guy who likes me but I have no feeling for him whatsoever. So basically you're telling me I'm unfaithful? (Let's not talk about how Chinese people feel (about me being unfaithful or not from my example above) but you specifically b/c you don't represent the Mainland Chinese people, or any group actually. You represent yourself only)

    And how does BBJX influence girls to bring home different guys each night????????? Is there another version of BBJX drama I didn't know of???



    Well I'm just giving you example of what the show might do to a girl......As in mainland culture, it's very important for a girl to be pure with only one guy.....That is traditional values that should be kept in their culture..

    I'm talking about traditional values and moral here.........

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Well I'm just giving you example of what the show might do to a girl......As in mainland culture, it's very important for a girl to be pure with only one guy.....That is traditional values that should be kept in their culture..

    I'm talking about traditional values and moral here.........
    Ok if we're talking about traditional values and moral concerning Chinese men and women. And for you, women should be pure and should be with one guy only. From my understanding of BBJX, in the novel RX was pure when she slept with 4th. 14th knew she's not a virgin anymore when he decided to marry her (so its not RX's fault bc she didn't come up with the marriage plan to get her out of the palace). From the drama's perspective, it's debatable whether she had slept with 8th. I didn't get that she had slept with 8th but some do. Even she did, at that time she was thinking of staying with him or trying to save him so they could be together. There was no thought of another guy.

    I want to give you an advice (whether to take it or not is up to you). Not to be mean or rude but just hope it'd help you. Live in the present, the now world. Women and men are (supposedly) equal. If you expect a woman to be pure for that one guy then you should expect the opposite too. But reality is not what you want/think it should be. you'd be happier if you accept reality, the present, and not live in the past or what the present should be. My advice also only pertains to what we talked about - girls being pure for that one guy only.

    And I still don't understand how "lots of guys liking 1 girl" theme portrayed in BBJX negatively influence teen girls from your example....(and I hope you dont say/think it's bc of my IQ)
    Last edited by fuyuko; 04-08-12 at 11:46 PM.

  4. #64
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    Ok if we're talking about traditional values and moral concerning Chinese men and women. And for you, women should be pure and should be with one guy only. From my understanding of BBJX, in the novel RX was pure when she slept with 4th. 14th knew she's not a virgin anymore when he decided to marry her (so its not RX's fault bc she didn't come up with the marriage plan to get her out of the palace). From the drama's perspective, it's debatable whether she had slept with 8th. I didn't get that she had slept with 8th but some do. Even she did, at that time she was thinking of staying with him or trying to save him so they could be together. There was no thought of another guy.

    I want to give you an advice (whether to take it or not is up to you). Not to be mean or rude but just hope it'd help you. Live in the present, the now world. Women and men are (supposedly) equal. If you expect a woman to be pure for that one guy then you should expect the opposite too. But reality is not what you want/think it should be. you'd be happier if you accept reality, the present, and not live in the past or what the present should be. My advice also only pertains to what we talked about - girls being pure for that one guy only.

    And I still don't understand how "lots of guys liking 1 girl" theme portrayed in BBJX negatively influence teen girls from your example....(and I hope you dont say/think it's bc of my IQ)



    Well from you're saying, it seem like this generation people have lost so many of their moral values and traditions.

    I still prefer tradition over things like options to choose more than one potential mate. I hope in bu bu jing xin two, they will make note about this problem.....

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Well from you're saying, it seem like this generation people have lost so many of their moral values and traditions.

    I still prefer tradition over things like options to choose more than one potential mate. I hope in bu bu jing xin two, they will make note about this problem.....
    Okay...so since you wrote "from you're saying" meaning what I wrote, then you mean I wrote men and women are (supposedly) equal and you should expect a man to be pure for his one only woman to be lost in values and moral? Or that reality is. But you know something, the young generation aren't the only ones having affairs, divorce, and being unfaithful. Or which generation are you referring to? Everyone who are currently alive?

    And one more thing, since you think the old ways are so much better, do you think women (pure vs not pure) should be treated like they did hundreds and thousands of years back? As compared to now

    And you preferring tradition over things like options to choose more than one potential mate, are you saying you prefer arranged marriage? I'm assuming this bc we have been talking about Chinese culture.
    Last edited by fuyuko; 04-09-12 at 12:49 AM.

  6. #66
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    Okay...so since you wrote "from you're saying" meaning what I wrote, then you mean I wrote men and women are (supposedly) equal and you should expect a man to be pure for his one only woman to be lost in values and moral? Or that reality is. But you know something, the young generation aren't the only ones having affairs, divorce, and being unfaithful. Or which generation are you referring to? Everyone who are currently alive?

    And one more thing, since you think the old ways are so much better, do you think women should be treated like they did hundreds and thousands of years back? As compared to now


    I'm talking about the old generation, especially the one in ancient mainland....
    Where women are spose to be taught to only be pure with one man....


    Well I guess I daydream too much about how people should treat each other right with respect and stuff but I guess in reality, this generation have lost that sense of morals and values......

    No I don't think women should be treated wrongly by however you mean by what you asked....

  7. #67
    Senior Member S Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    assuming you don't know much about mainland people culture, a girl should only be with one guy......
    you would be surprised

    just out of curiosity sake, how long have you lived in mainland china, or hk, or taiwan?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    I'm talking about the old generation, especially the one in ancient mainland....
    Where women are spose to be taught to only be pure with one man....


    Well I guess I daydream too much about how people should treat each other right with respect and stuff but I guess in reality, this generation have lost that sense of morals and values......

    No I don't think women should be treated wrongly by however you mean by what you asked....
    So you mean it's right for a woman to be pure for that one man, while me saying it's also expected a man should be pure for that one woman if one expect the opposite to be immoral, wrong, and lost of respect?

  9. #69
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    So you mean it's right for a woman to be pure for that one man, while me saying it's also expected a man should be pure for that one woman if one expect the opposite to be immoral, wrong, and lost of respect?


    ah now that you simplify the question for me, it's easier to answer....No it's not okay for a guy to have more than one girl....I like the tradition where guy one wife, girl one husband.....and than they raise a family and live happily ever after.....

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post

    No I don't think women should be treated wrongly by however you mean by what you asked....
    What I was thinking was women who were deemed impure before marriage, esp. those pregnant ladies who weren't married. From dramas (since I didn't live hundreds and thousands of years back then so I don't know for sure) they're usually drown to death. Since you think it's wrong for girls to be impure, that's why I asked that

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    ah now that you simplify the question for me, it's easier to answer....No it's not okay for a guy to have more than one girl....I like the tradition where guy one wife, girl one husband.....and than they raise a family and live happily ever after.....
    Wait, I thought the old generation, the one in ancient mainland approved polygamy, well one guy with more than one wives, not the opposite. So you're pro old generation's way of thinking and deem it to be of values and moral. But they approved polygamy, drowned pregnant ladies who weren't married to death, etc. and you think they're better than this generation? And this generation has lost values and moral?
    Last edited by fuyuko; 04-09-12 at 01:14 AM.

  12. #72
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    Wait, I thought the old generation, the one in ancient mainland approved polygamy, well one guy with more than one wives, not the opposite

    Oh you're talking about that generation......well if the male treat each of his female wives all good and equal and all the girls becomes friend with one and another and they all get along well than shouldn't it be acceptable?

    as female are passive and male are aggressive......many studies have shown like this.....

    Where if it the opposite when there one girl and many guys as husband......more likely there would be a problem because male seem to be very aggressive for reason i am unknown to yet.....I think in this kinda situation, there would be fight to the death.....

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Oh you're talking about that generation......well if the male treat each of his female wives all good and equal and all the girls becomes friend with one and another and they all get along well than shouldn't it be acceptable?

    as female are passive and male are aggressive......many studies have shown like this.....

    Where if it the opposite when there one girl and many guys as husband......more likely there would be a problem because male seem to be very aggressive for reason i am unknown to yet.....I think in this kinda situation, there would be fight to the death.....
    So there's a generation in ancient mainland that didn't approved of polygamy? (since you wrote "Oh you're talking about that generation" you must have been thinking of another, one that only approved of one man with one woman only.)

    I'm sorry I laughed while reading the part about all the girls being friends and get along. Imagine you have to share the one you love with other women ( please pretend you're a woman if you're not) and think how you would feel. It's unrealistic to say that they would get along and become friends. If you can't do it (share your man and being happy about it) don't expect others to. And also, the male won't be able to love/treat all his wives equally. And from your example above, I think you approve of one male with many wives and not the opposite (bc males are more aggressive) but how is that respecting females?

  14. #74
    Senior Member snowflakesdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    you would be surprised

    just out of curiosity sake, how long have you lived in mainland china, or hk, or taiwan?
    IPlayWow is not from China. He said he's from US
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 04-09-12 at 01:46 AM.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

  15. #75
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    So there's a generation in ancient mainland that didn't approved of polygamy? (since you wrote "Oh you're talking about that generation" you must have been thinking of another, one that only approved of one man with one woman only.)

    I'm sorry I laughed while reading the part about all the girls being friends and get along. Imagine you have to share the one you love with other women ( please pretend you're a woman if you're not) and think how you would feel. It's unrealistic to say that they would get along and become friends. If you can't do it (share your man and being happy about it) don't expect others to. And also, the male won't be able to love/treat all his wives equally. And from your example above, I think you approve of one male with many wives and not the opposite (bc males are more aggressive) but how is that respecting females?

    For example......A bunch of guys get together and it will probably be a massive mess of fighting....

    A bunch of girls getting together.... and there would be talk, warm hugs and comfort....

    many studies have shown like that.....

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    For example......A bunch of guys get together and it will probably be a massive mess of fighting....

    A bunch of girls getting together.... and there would be talk, warm hugs and comfort....

    many studies have shown like that.....
    I'm sorry I laughed again. Can't help it when you give these kinds of examples. And your examples...I'm sorry I don't mean it to be mean and rude...but....what world are you living in? (and I don't mean back then vs now bc a bunch of girls getting together doesn't mean there'd be warm hugs and comfort and a bunch of guys together doesn't mean they're probably going to fight, doesn't matter it was back then or now. Your perception of men and women seems very black and white (gender biased? Or stereotyped?) Girls are (or should be) nice, pure, warm, comfort while guys aggressive

    And you do know studies can be biased right?
    Last edited by fuyuko; 04-09-12 at 02:21 AM.

  17. #77
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    I'm sorry I laughed again. Can't help it when you give these kinds of examples. And your examples...I'm sorry I don't mean it to be mean and rude...but....what world are you living in? (and I don't mean back then vs now bc a bunch of girls getting together doesn't mean there'd be warm hugs and comfort and a bunch of guys together doesn't mean they're probably going to fight, doesn't matter it was back then or now. Your perception of men and women seems very black and white (gender biased? Or stereotyped?) Girls are (or should be) nice, pure, warm, comfort while guys aggressive

    And you do know studies can be biased right?


    Well yeah but there have to be some realistic fact to it.....
    I think therefore I am.....I think therefore I live.....I live wherefore I think......

    Of course you're right too because there are more than 6 billion people on this planet...... that's 6 billion things going on every second....hours.....days....moth.....years.....and so on and on.....

  18. #78
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Worst series of 2012 is a tie between "Gong II" &" Mystery Of The Palace"!!!

    Both have wasted their production budget and famous casts with a sloppy script and crap ending.


    They shoulda just give Zhang JiZhong the budget so he could make more out of Journey to the West 2011

  19. #79
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice_mountain23 View Post
    ...A lot of idol dramas feature love triangles, that's why they're called idol dramas, since they're youth orientated, and evidently most youths are interested in watching love triangles.

    I mean, heck, Autumn's concerto featured a pregnant single mother, FTLY had a sex scene...y'know where I'm driving at here (!!!MORAL DEGRADATION OF THE YOUTH!!!!)

    In any case, the onus should be on parents to teach their child some discretion when it comes to watching dramas. Iirc, there have been cases where people were inspired by the drama Dexter - and is Dexter a bad show because of it?

    Besides, hasn't someone here already explained that the girl didn't kill herself because she wanted to time travel? It was simply her last words. Not that I don't feel sympathetic, but correlation isn't really causation.....

    Although, I wouldn't mind if YZ dramas were banned. Plagarism isn't cool, okay? And I guess YZ teaches kids that it's okay to marr good ol' wu xia classics, and make women super whiny.

    P.s. I'm aware that the above cited examples are Taiwanese dramas and not Mainland dramas.


    Well considering that most kids go to school everyday....therefore it's not just the parent responsibility.....What about the teacher? What about the friends the kids make with?

    Who knows what could influence the girl to attempt what she did.....All we can only assume is from her letter about how she wanted to go back to the qing dynasty and make movies with the qing leader.....

    Therefore..We can only assume that she must have probably watched bu bu jing xin or gong.....therefore .bu bu jing xin and gong should be at fault.

  20. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    SERIOUSLY!? you're still going at it? i'm sorry but you CANNOT ASSUME. if the world is based on assumptions, god knows what will happen.. & also.. there are also MANY MANY NOVELS on the internet that are based on qing dynasty.

    and traditional values/morals? LOL since according to other posters, you are from the U.S.. you should know that more than 50% of the population in the U.S has sex before marriage, and more than multiple partners. the official statistics is all over the internet, you can even search it urself.

Similar Threads

  1. Mainland Series Index
    By triumph2004 in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-12, 02:57 AM
  2. How to watch mainland China TV series?
    By 2Charlie in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-11, 07:43 AM
  3. 2010 - 2011 Best Mainland TV Series Poll
    By IPlayWow in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-29-11, 11:39 PM
  4. What Series Would You Like Mainland to REmake?
    By IPlayWow in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-11, 10:38 AM
  5. Ratings for Mainland Series
    By yearning in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-07, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •