View Poll Results: Which is the Worst Mainland TV Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bu Bu Jing Xin

    3 30.00%
  • Princess Pearl

    4 40.00%
  • Xiaozhuang Mishi

    3 30.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: The Worst Mainland TV Series

  1. #1
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default The Worst Mainland TV Series

    Which is the worst Mainland TV series?

    1. Bu Bu Jing Xin? <><><>< This show according to mainland official, is the reason and cause of death of a little school girl. How worst can it get?

    2. Princess Pearl : Huan Zhu Ge Ge?

    3. Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi?

  2. #2
    Senior Member snowflakesdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    975

    Default

    If your description of "worst" is what the reporters/government officials want people to believe aka brainwashing, then sure, BBJX is number one.

    But I won't be as stupid as to believe those reporters/government officials. They want money/business/power. BBJX was a popular series. They want to take a ride on that popularity/show their power to everyone else (they do that ALL THE TIME by stirring things up, evoking certain emotions from others etc etc).

    As for the "worst" for me:
    worst copycat: Gong - sooo Meteor Garden
    worst adaptation: LOCH 2008 (although I love it as a standalone series)
    worst in CGI effects: BBJX (that pond/lake with giant lotus(?) just doesn't cut it )

    I'll think about other worst
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

  3. #3
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    If your description of "worst" is what the reporters/government officials want people to believe aka brainwashing, then sure, BBJX is number one.

    But I won't be as stupid as to believe those reporters/government officials. They want money/business/power. BBJX was a popular series. They want to take a ride on that popularity/show their power to everyone else (they do that ALL THE TIME by stirring things up, evoking certain emotions from others etc etc).

    As for the "worst" for me:
    worst copycat: Gong - sooo Meteor Garden
    worst adaptation: LOCH 2008 (although I love it as a standalone series)
    worst in CGI effects: BBJX (that pond/lake with giant lotus(?) just doesn't cut it )

    I'll think about other worst


    What are you talking about? This isn't about money? This is about people life. It was because of this show that caused one little girl to believe that she could go back to the qing dynasty when she die. How worst can the show producer/story writer get? If they didn't write this book/make this show than that little girl would still be alive today.

  4. #4
    Senior Member snowflakesdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    What are you talking about? This isn't about money? This is about people life. It was because of this show that caused one little girl to believe that she could go back to the qing dynasty when she die. How worst can the show producer/story writer get? If they didn't write this book/make this show than that little girl would still be alive today.
    Did the girl tell you that directly before she died? or did she come back to life and look for you to tell you what's the reason behind? Did she also tell you that the main reason was she wants to travel back to Qing dynasty and not because SHE WAS SCARED OF SOMETHING (a consequence of losing a TV remote or whatever it is they said in that news)!

    And one important question though, do you really believe everything you read/watch/hear?
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 04-03-12 at 03:43 AM.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

  5. #5
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Did the girl told you that directly before she died? or did she come back to life and look for you to tell you what the reason behind?

    And one important question though, do you really believe everything you read/watch/hear?


    Surely you don't think they would just lie to a whole bunch of people about the girl dying would you? What gain can they get from this? It's sad enough that most people still praise this show after reading about the girl that died from indulging fantasy from watch this show.

    Is my concern for human lives over a TV show wrong?

    Is this TV show that important compare to the live of that little girl?
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 04-03-12 at 03:49 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member snowflakesdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Surely you don't think they would just lie to a whole bunch of people about the girl dying would you? What gain can they get from this? It's sad enough that most people still praise this show after reading about the girl that died from indulging fantasy from watch this show.

    Is my concern for human lives over a tv show wrong?

    Is TV show that important compare to the live of that little girl?
    Off topic but I'm just curious, are you from China?

    Anyway, I don't see anything wrong about your concern of human lives over a tv show... But what's wrong is that you're hating on one specific tv show when if I'm going to go along with your argument, its about time travel. Is BBJX the only time travel series/movie there ever was?

    If you're really concern about human lives, then do it in general. Don't you think showing gruesome tv series like that is Japan (or okay those Wuxia series if you want to stick to China) are also teaching these young kids that its okay to kill or that its okay to sacrifice innocent people if it means killing those people they think are bad guys - because they think they're the good guys and they should always be right? There's generally an increase in crime rates everywhere (not just in Asia). Shouldn't you care more about those (since obviously it concerns hundreds of lives).

    And one more thing, do you think people will listen to you if you force people to think the way you do? In case you've forgotten, you are a stranger to us and we are strangers to you. Why would we (or at least I, personally) listen to you? How would I know you're not being paid by Tangren's competitors to ruin the BBJX2? (I'm not saying that you are, but for the reason that I don't know you, anything is possible since you're so adamant to go against BBJX)
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 04-03-12 at 04:06 AM.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Just ignore this troll he trying provoking u guys by making this threads and posting random vids on thread just click on ignore user

    Some humans cant see the different fictional and reality. Also some random guy on a random country shoot children on school, they say he playing videogames(fault again of videogames). I mean really even a 5 year old can see the difference between reality and fiction for ffs

  8. #8
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skykh18 View Post
    Just ignore this troll he trying provoking u guys by making this threads and posting random vids on thread just click on ignore user

    Some humans cant see the different fictional and reality. Also some random guy on a random country shoot children on school, they say he playing videogames(fault again of videogames). I mean really even a 5 year old can see the difference between reality and fiction for ffs

    Obvious this person don't read everything that I post....What random video? What are you talking about?

  9. #9
    Senior Member snowflakesdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    975

    Default

    @IPlayWow, I'd suggest you change the title into something (e.g. things that you don't like about BBJX or things that you don't like about a specific mainland tv drama or something like that) if you want to discuss the suicide issue. I don't think this issue is a no-no here at spcnet so I think its okay to discuss it here (but mods feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). But its just a suggestion. you can just ignore it if you don't want to.

    Well, what can I say, this is an interesting (albeit sensitive) issue.

    Another suggestion. If there's an option to choose "Others" so we can put in the name of the series that is worst for us (that is not on the list you have up there), that I think would be better.
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 04-03-12 at 05:13 AM.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

  10. #10
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    @IPlayWow, I'd suggest you change the title into something (e.g. things that you don't like about BBJX or things that you don't like about a specific mainland tv drama or something like that) if you want to discuss the suicide issue. I don't think this issue is a no-no here at spcnet so I think its okay to discuss it here (but mods feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). But its just a suggestion. you can just ignore it if you don't want to.

    Well, what can I say, this is an interesting (albeit sensitive) issue.

    Another suggestion. If there's an option to choose "Others" so we can put in the name of the series that is worst for us (that is not on the list you have up there), that I think would be better.


    People can vote for the best mainland TV series but they cannot vote for the worst?

    As for the discussion, well there need to be reason why a TV series is worst, and so far I got one of them. Which is the death of the little girl due to her being indulged into this bu bu series.

    I mean how else am I going to tell someone if they ask why.....Well why do you think this tv series is the worst....Don't I need a reason to tell them? And there I got one.

  11. #11
    Senior Member snowflakesdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    People can vote for the best mainland TV series but they cannot vote for the worst?

    As for the discussion, well there need to be reason why a TV series is worst, and so far I got one of them. Which is the death of the little girl due to her being indulged into this bu bu series.

    I mean how else am I going to tell someone if they ask why.....Well why do you think this tv series is the worst....Don't I need a reason to tell them? And there I got one.
    Well, yeah you have a point there that's why I said its a suggestion in case you want to get deeper into that suicide issue alone(since that's what you've been trying to do the past few days on the other thread). But if you want this to be the worst mainland tv series, and if suicide issue is "only" a reason why you think BBJX is the worst, then I'd respect that. then I'd go with what's worst for me (which by the way isn't in your choices) and will just ignore any reference to the suicide issue since I have no issue about it that would lead to making me judge a series as the worst and its not the main topic of the thread and so mods won't tell me that I'm going off topic.
    Last edited by snowflakesdance; 04-03-12 at 05:38 AM.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

  12. #12
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Off topic but I'm just curious, are you from China?

    Anyway, I don't see anything wrong about your concern of human lives over a tv show... But what's wrong is that you're hating on one specific tv show when if I'm going to go along with your argument, its about time travel. Is BBJX the only time travel series/movie there ever was?

    If you're really concern about human lives, then do it in general. Don't you think showing gruesome tv series like that is Japan (or okay those Wuxia series if you want to stick to China) are also teaching these young kids that its okay to kill or that its okay to sacrifice innocent people if it means killing those people they think are bad guys - because they think they're the good guys and they should always be right? There's generally an increase in crime rates everywhere (not just in Asia). Shouldn't you care more about those (since obviously it concerns hundreds of lives).

    And one more thing, do you think people will listen to you if you force people to think the way you do? In case you've forgotten, you are a stranger to us and we are strangers to you. Why would we (or at least I, personally) listen to you? How would I know you're not being paid by Tangren's competitors to ruin the BBJX2? (I'm not saying that you are, but for the reason that I don't know you, anything is possible since you're so adamant to go against BBJX)



    I'm from the US.

    As for why I have problem with this series, well the girl dying from it would be reason one but another reason is that from history that I know of, the qing rulers prince/queen/ king were not good yet the tv series just show them as good people and that worry me about little kids liking them as hero and not what they really are.

    You're right there is a lot of problems on this planet. There seem to always be a right and a left side for everything. While I can't be the one to judge what is ultimately right, I'll try to make sense out of things to the best of I know them.

    Kids doing something bad because of what they read/watch on tv/ video games or something else than I say we should do something about it like what I'm talking here in this thread about this bu bu series.

    Wheter people listen or not? Well that's up to them but I'll still be concern about the stuff that I feel I should be concern about.
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 04-03-12 at 06:17 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member thesolangestory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    498

    Default

    oh did we move the troll conversation over?

  14. #14
    Member bakaPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    The troll doesn't understand the difference between worst Mainland TV Series and most influential Mainland TV Series. If you're going to talk about the worst, at least watch the drama and understand the story before talking about random stuff like this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,078

    Default

    BBJX did not cause the death of the girls. BBJX is just a scapegoat. The reason the girls committed suicide was because one girl was scared of her parents' wrath because she lost her house key. Another girl wants to accompany her friend.

    BBJX is a well written and well directed series. It's one of the better Mainland series out there (although I do find it a tad bit slow sometimes).
    Last edited by kidd; 04-03-12 at 11:43 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  16. #16
    Member bakaPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    BBJX did not cause the death of the girls. BBJX is just a scapegoat. The reason the girls committed suicide was because one girl was scared of her parents' wrath because she lost her house key. Another girl wants to accompany her friend. BBJX is a well written and well directed series. It's one of the better Mainland series out there (although I do find it a tad bit slow sometimes).
    Couldn't have said it better.

  17. #17
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bakaPX View Post
    The troll doesn't understand the difference between worst Mainland TV Series and most influential Mainland TV Series. If you're going to talk about the worst, at least watch the drama and understand the story before talking about random stuff like this.


    Who is the troll? Just wondering if any mod gonna say something about this troll name calling thing? There's another person calling someone else a troll in post number 7 of this thread.

    I did watch the series, all I notice is that how good they portrayed the qing leaders to be.....

  18. #18
    Senior Member Dragon Heiress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The vast Jianghu.
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    1. When it comes to news from Chinese sources, you have to keep in mind that the government of China is quite a master of propogranda.2. If someone committs suicide because of a TV show, I think it says more about the person than the show.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

  19. #19
    Member Xaari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Kangxi and Yongzheng were both effective leaders whose reigns were characterized by stability and prosperity. And BBJX is a fictional spin on history, not a documentary, for heaven's sakes. The adaptation hardly portrayed them as saints, and didn't shy away from their scheming and despicable acts at all. Since you didn't even watch the drama, it's pointless to argue with you.

  20. #20
    Senior Member IPlayWow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    1. When it comes to news from Chinese sources, you have to keep in mind that the government of China is quite a master of propogranda.2. If someone committs suicide because of a TV show, I think it says more about the person than the show.


    uh propaganda of what? What good can they get out of it saying bad things about the tv show that they allow for it to be make in the first place?


    The person that suicide was only a kid....What do you mean says more about a person? Her mind obviously was indulge into this tv series. It's the producer fault for making feel as if it was so realistic.

Similar Threads

  1. Mainland Series Index
    By triumph2004 in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-12, 02:57 AM
  2. How to watch mainland China TV series?
    By 2Charlie in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-11, 07:43 AM
  3. 2010 - 2011 Best Mainland TV Series Poll
    By IPlayWow in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-29-11, 11:39 PM
  4. What Series Would You Like Mainland to REmake?
    By IPlayWow in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-11, 10:38 AM
  5. Ratings for Mainland Series
    By yearning in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-07, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •