View Poll Results: Which is the Worst Mainland TV Series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bu Bu Jing Xin

3 30.00%
  • Princess Pearl

4 40.00%
  • Xiaozhuang Mishi

3 30.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Mainland TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by Xaari View Post
    Time travel series like Rooftop Prince, which originate from other countries, are still aired in China.

Also, 梦回唐朝 is another time travel drama that is expected to air in May, so they're not banned.
    I meant the making of time travel series. It's still okay to air old time travel series.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Not really sure I understand this statement. Are you saying that the love scenes corrupt kids? I guess I can see how people can be confused by real history and romanticized history, but BBJX is not the only show guilty of romanticizing history. It's a fictional show and does not label itself as a documentary. It was not meant to be an accurate take on history. If viewers are confused with the situation, they can only blame themselves, their personal experiences, and education. I don't think we should blame BBJX and its makers for people's misconception.

From what I have read previous regarding this article about the girls (may they rest in peace), my cynical mind wonders if the article was designed to convince readers to condone censorship. Just because some girls made poor choices and made a reference that may or may not involve BBJX, should we censor it for the greater good? If we censor BBJX because it romanticized history and used time travel as a theme, what other shows, books, etc will we censor in order to "protect" people for the greater good? In the end, who gets to judge what is good and what needs to be censored because it has the potential to "corrupt?"

Instead of blaming a show for people's actions, should we not look to educate our young so they can tell the difference between fact and fiction? Wouldn't this help more people in the long run?

Not really. What I am trying to say is that just because there are organizations out there attempting to overthrow a ruler doesn't necessarily make the ruler a bad person. We should judge the ruler based on his actions and the good/bad that came from his reign. From what I have learned of YongZheng, he has done bad things, but there is also some good thrown in the mix.

I guess its one of those things where you have to decide for yourself. Would you rather a Han ruler who rules with an iron fist and oppress his own people or a Qing ruler who is just and fair. I was raised to not judge people by their race, color, etc, so my personal choice is the merit of his actions rather than his background, but I know others will disagree, so I will not try to force anyone to think like me.

Viewer can certainly be blame too but not if you're talking about little kids and teen as their mind are still being develop.

You're right, we should educate people about what's to do and not to do. In every tv shows, movies, commercials, there should be wide bold printed words on top saying something like Do not try this at home......yeah I know not very appealing to watch.

But still, people of today, especially little kids and teens will be more influence by what they watch about their favorite celebrity rather than their home parents.

As for the qing leaders during the qing dynasty.....I think I just read and learn so much bad stuff about them that concur me to not like them. Plus it was during the old ancient days that it happen, I guess we human can make for a better day and hope for a better future of tomorrow.

The little girl didn't kill themselves over the influence of Bu Bu Jing Xin, they did it because one of the girl was afraid of getting into trouble by her parents because she had forgotten her keys. Because of this she decided to end her life, and her friend decided to accompany her. The only relation is that she mention that in her life she wanted to time travel. The series has nothing to do with them ending their lives. I don't know how the media tied that together and many readers cannot comprehend the text.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    The little girl didn't kill themselves over the influence of Bu Bu Jing Xin, they did it because one of the girl was afraid of getting into trouble by her parents because she had forgotten her keys. Because of this she decided to end her life, and her friend decided to accompany her. The only relation is that she mention that in her life she wanted to time travel. The series has nothing to do with them ending their lives. I don't know how the media tied that together and many readers cannot comprehend the text.

She said she wanted to go back to qing dynasty and make movie with the emperor. Obvious she watched gong or bu bu jing xin.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Viewer can certainly be blame too but not if you're talking about little kids and teen as their mind are still being develop.

You're right, we should educate people about what's to do and not to do. In every tv shows, movies, commercials, there should be wide bold printed words on top saying something like Do not try this at home......yeah I know not very appealing to watch.
    I finally appreciate what my country does when they try to educate parents on how to watch TV with their kids at least my nieces and nephews (who are by the way younger than the kid who committed suicide) knows that time travel is impossible and that its just plain fiction.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by Mwahaha View Post
    Psh, you seem to have a personal grudge against BBJX & all dramas other than Journey to the West.

I also like 3 Kingdoms, Water Margin 108 Heroes, and Rose Mansion Dream and many other series not set in the qing dynasty lines.

What you're saying is exactly like one of those ridiculous parents who blame Mcdonalds for making their kids fat.

That mentality makes absolutely no sense to me.

At least thats not the way I determine a good series from a bad one. Good filming, good direction, good acting, good script, good storyline etc. those are the attributes of a fine quality series. What actions the fans make based on their own perceptions of the series have NOTHING to do how good or bad the series is. Its obvious that the girl didn't commit suicide simply because of the drama. You know nothing of this girl, what kind of life she lived, how she was treated by others, etc. obviously she must have suffered depression or some kind of psychological damage that led to her to end her life that way. On what basis can you say she simply committed suicide because of a tv series?

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    What you're saying is exactly like one of those ridiculous parents who blame Mcdonalds for making their kids fat.

That mentality makes absolutely no sense to me.

At least thats not the way I determine a good series from a bad one. Good filming, good direction, good acting, good script, good storyline etc. those are the attributes of a fine quality series. What actions the fans make based on their own perceptions of the series have NOTHING to do how good or bad the series is. Its obvious that the girl didn't commit suicide simply because of the drama. You know nothing of this girl, what kind of life she lived, how she was treated by others, etc. obviously she must have suffered depression or some kind of psychological damage that led to her to end her life that way. On what basis can you say she simply committed suicide because of a tv series?
    because of the note she left? she said she wanted to travel back to the qing dynasty and make movie with the emperor.

Worst series of 2012 is a tie between "Gong II" &" Mystery Of The Palace"!!!

Both have wasted their production budget and famous casts with a sloppy script and crap ending.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Worst series of 2012 is a tie between "Gong II" &" Mystery Of The Palace"!!!

Both have wasted their production budget and famous casts with a sloppy script and crap ending.
    I didn't get to finish Gong II (not even the first episode) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    I didn't get to finish Gong II (not even the first episode) LOL
    The beginning of "Gong II" was shockingly bad. I was tuning in every now and then. But it got better when Shu Chang appeared as two characters so I skipped ahead and just watched the last ten eps. The "love traingle" was like a warped rip-off of "Zhen Huan Zhuan" but really poorly written.

Eddie Cheung was the only reason why I endured all of "Mystery of the Palace". It has potential but it dragged on too long with stupid sub-plots.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by tobemela View Post
    From my understanding time travel series are now banned in China.

Hopefully they will ban the sequel of bu bu series

Hopefully they will ban the sequel of bu bu series
    The sequel is NOT time travel related. In fact it is rumored to be set on modern times in business world.

The sequel is NOT time travel related. In fact it is rumored to be set on modern times in business world.
    Yes! I heard that it would have totally new characters that are not related to Ma'ertai Ruo Xi at all. But there will be parallels between the business world and the political court. It would probably not be a sequel but a new production with the same casts. Nothing to do with time travel at all.
    Cyril Connolly

Another thing I find not so good about the bu bu series is that there is so many guys after one girl......one girl and many guys....well what will the little kids think when they watch this? especially the teen girls.....

This show is all kind of bad......

...A lot of idol dramas feature love triangles, that's why they're called idol dramas, since they're youth orientated, and evidently most youths are interested in watching love triangles.

I mean, heck, Autumn's concerto featured a pregnant single mother, FTLY had a sex scene...y'know where I'm driving at here (!!!MORAL DEGRADATION OF THE YOUTH!!!!)

In any case, the onus should be on parents to teach their child some discretion when it comes to watching dramas. Iirc, there have been cases where people were inspired by the drama Dexter - and is Dexter a bad show because of it?

Besides, hasn't someone here already explained that the girl didn't kill herself because she wanted to time travel? It was simply her last words. Not that I don't feel sympathetic, but correlation isn't really causation.....

Although, I wouldn't mind if YZ dramas were banned. Plagarism isn't cool, okay? And I guess YZ teaches kids that it's okay to marr good ol' wu xia classics, and make women super whiny.

P.s. I'm aware that the above cited examples are Taiwanese dramas and not Mainland dramas.
    Last edited by ice_mountain23; 04-08-12 at 11:05 AM.

Another thing I find not so good about the bu bu series is that there is so many guys after one girl......one girl and many guys....well what will the little kids think when they watch this? especially the teen girls.....

85% of me now believes you've been paid to say bad things about BBJX... It's too obvious! Your pointing on things that are NOT exclusive to BBJX yet you only hate BBJX...

LMAO
    Can I ask how does "1 girl and many guys" theme portrayed in dramas (or anime/manga/novel) negatively influence teen girls? Esp. BBJX? Cuz I'm really don't follow you AT ALL. You mean it influences the girls to date with lots of guys at the same time??????? Or the teen girls will dream of having lots of guys like her? But how is this bad? It's a dream. I had that same dream before too, and I haven't seen any negative influence it had on me
    Last edited by fuyuko; 04-08-12 at 08:45 PM.

85% of me now believes you've been paid to say bad things about BBJX... It's too obvious! Your pointing on things that are NOT exclusive to BBJX yet you only hate BBJX...
    100% agreeing with you

Quote Originally Posted by fuyuko View Post
    LMAO
    Can I ask how does "1 girl and many guys" theme portrayed in dramas (or anime/manga/novel) negatively influence teen girls? Esp. BBJX? Cuz I'm really don't follow you AT ALL. You mean it influences the girls to date with lots of guys at the same time??????? Or the teen girls will dream of having lots of guys like her? But how is this bad? It's a dream. I had that same dream before too, and I haven't seen any negative influence it had on me

assuming you don't know much about mainland people culture, a girl should only be with one guy......

I don't know what they call a girl who have so many guys wherever you're living is but in the mainland, she will be consider unfaithful.

What will a girl parent think if she bring home a different guy every night for dinner?

Seem like there's people here who keep name calling and saying such things that doesn't have much to do with anything relating to the topic......Any mod will say anything about this?