This thread is primarily aimed at viewers who've watched TVB from at least the 1980s (or earlier) up to the present day.
How do you think TVB today (and in general during the past fifteen years since Hong Kong returned to Chinese control in 1997) depicts these matters differently in their dramas between the two eras?
1. sexuality (e.g. sexual orientation, sexual relationships, even sexually-transmitted diseases).
2. family affairs (e.g. familial relationships)
3. law enforcement and government issues (e.g. how are police officers, court officials, and politicians depicted)
4. drug and alcohol abuse
5. religious/spiritual issues
6. personal violence
7. crime and the criminal world
8. mental health
Is there a difference between how TVB's dramas treated such issues during the pre-1997 era as opposed to today?