Thread: Please recommend any good romance drama from Mainland.

Default Please recommend any good romance drama from Mainland.

help me plz. im bored to death

I'm totally biased because I'm a rabid Wallace fan but I really enjoyed Too Late to Say I Love You.

Here's the forum for it: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...%26%2312299%3B
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

tyytyyy. any more?

I quite loved Sealed With a Kiss.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...9B%AA%E3%80%8B

How about one of my favorites, Jian Nan Ai Qing (艰难爱情)?
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Rich_Man_Poor_Love

You can watch it on sohu:
    http://tv.sohu.com/s2010/zswlwdjnaq/

If you want something more idol drama-ish, I actually quite liked Meteor Shower (一起来看流星雨).
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Journey to the West.....especially version 2009 and the TVB versions.....There are many love romance mini stories in it that will probably entertain you so that you won't be bored anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Journey to the West.....especially version 2009 and the TVB versions.....There are many love romance mini stories in it that will probably entertain you so that you won't be bored anymore....

I thought you didn't like the Zhejiang adaptation.

But yeah, there are plenty of "romantic" storylines in that adaptation ... especially involving cast members Wang Li Ke, Cecilia Han Xue, and Diana Pang.

However, to be fair ... Zhang Ji Zhong's adaptation is also riddled with "romance."

Shu Chang and He Zhuo Yan both want to F*** Xuan Zang's brains out. Hu Ke's emotional neediness and desperate "clinging" to the Bull Demon King is almost sickening. Yan Dan Chen has that whole romantic bit with the Wood Wolf of Kui ... that ppl are making music videos out of. I'm surprised Zhang Ji Zhong didn't make up a character for An Yi Xuan to pine over. Cause the Zhejiang version sure as hell did for Cecilia Han.

The problem is ... BOTH adaptations also feature a healthy serving of deep Taoist/Buddhist philosophy, the likes of which has never existed in any of the bullcrap past (read: FAIL) adaptations of the novel.

People simply looking for "romantic DRAMA" probably won't appreciate (and probably won't even comprehend) all the philosophy ... in both versions, Xuan Zang talks a crapload of Buddhist Dharma ... which completely goes over the head of most people.

If you're ONLY looking for romantic drama, the two most recent JTTW adaptations is NOT the way to go ... because you'll get far more than you bargained for (and not everyone can handle it).

Just watch the video I just posted in the thread.

These aren't one of the retarded versions from the past ... the ones that were produced by retards and made for children ... and retards.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 04-14-12 at 03:04 AM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    I thought you didn't like the Zhejiang adaptation.

But yeah, there are plenty of "romantic" storylines in that adaptation ... especially involving cast members Wang Li Ke, Cecilia Han Xue, and Diana Pang.

However, to be fair ... Zhang Ji Zhong's adaptation is also riddled with "romance."

Shu Chang and He Zhuo Yan both want to F*** Xuan Zang's brains out. Hu Ke's emotional neediness and desperate "clinging" to the Bull Demon King is almost sickening. Yan Dan Chen has that whole romantic bit with the Wood Wolf of Kui ... that ppl are making music videos out of. I'm surprised Zhang Ji Zhong didn't make up a character for An Yi Xuan to pine over. Cause the Zhejiang version sure as hell did for Cecilia Han.

The problem is ... BOTH adaptations also feature a healthy serving of deep Taoist/Buddhist philosophy, the likes of which has never existed in any of the bullcrap past (read: FAIL) adaptations of the novel.

People simply looking for "romantic DRAMA" probably won't appreciate (and probably won't even comprehend) all the philosophy ... in both versions, Xuan Zang talks a crapload of Buddhist Dharma ... which completely goes over the head of most people.

If you're ONLY looking for romantic drama, the two most recent JTTW adaptations is NOT the way to go ... because you'll get far more than you bargained for (and not everyone can handle it).

Just watch the video I just posted in the thread.

These aren't one of the retarded versions from the past ... the ones that were produced by retards and made for children ... and retards.

It's just a chance for me to talk about Journey to the West and spread it regardless of the versions that I like and not like

Did you watch the 66 episodes Zhang JiZhong version on DVD yet? Ordering it?

I can stream the HD episodes of the series on YouTube thru my TV. The DVDs I'm guessing are in standard definition.

You can also watch the first 60-episode version that they released/leaked last summer and see what was cut out in the final version.

There's about a three episode difference in cut scenes between the two versions, giving you 63 episodes worth of the total 66.
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

I can stream the HD episodes of the series on YouTube thru my TV. The DVDs I'm guessing are in standard definition.

You can also watch the first 60-episode version that they released/leaked last summer and see what was cut out in the final version.

There's about a three episode difference in cut scenes between the two versions, giving you 63 episodes worth of the total 66.

Are you talking about the one that was posted by Sina Premium?

Or the TVS4 one

or the one that say BTV on the top left

Cause I compared all 3 and they are all 60 episodes and seem to be about the same length 40 mins each....

The 66 episodes that is being sold on DVD isn't even sold in the Mainland but it's being sold in Malaysia and Singapore.....They seem to have gotten it before the ban from the Mainland.....

Here check it out....

http://www.zoommovie.com/china-drama...-west/dvd-6656

when you search on ebay....click location from where it is shipped from....it should say singapore or malaysia

The original 60-episode version that was "leaked" back in August.

The one with the audio/video that wasn't completely synched.

And they kept reusing the SAME end credits at the end of each episode ... even though there are SIXTY different end credits.

That one is not edited in exactly the same way as the NEW, "official" version that broadcast in January and is the "finalized" version.

You have to compare each episode between the two versions as you go along. There are entire scenes that are cut out from one version but not another.

Just look at the last five episodes. The "new" version is EXTREMELY cut at the end. After the Three Rhino Kings storyline, the "newer" version heavily edits the last three storylines in the novel to fit them into about three episodes. The 60-episode version from August had FAR more scenes in those last three storylines.

The new version also cut out the entire "Tang Emperor in Hell" storyline.

They edited Ady An's scenes heavily, as well as the racier stuff like Gao Cui Lan showing her legs and the Scorpion Demon in bed with Xuan Zang.

The demonic Taoists in the Kingdom of Che Chi were supposed to drink Sun Wu Kong's piss ... but they changed it to "stale tea" in the final version.

Thankfully, the deep philosophy scene between Xuan Zang and the Taoist Tree Immortals was left untouched.

But these are only a few examples. There are more throughout the series. You have to compare each episode of BOTH 60-episode versions to see everything that was cut out in the final version.

I guess you could just get the 66-episode version as well. But I compared the episodes as I went along watching them, so it wasn't a big deal. And I saved the edited stuff from the old version.

----------

Does the 66 episode version have the Gator-Dragon of the Black Waters storyline? Because that's what I really care about. I wonder if Zhang Ji Zhong produced that story but decided to cut it out early on ... or if he never bothered to shoot it in the first place.

Why he skipped it I'll never know. It's actually a very good storyline, especially if he had done the flashback to the Taoist soothsayer and Dragon King of the Jing River DURING this storyline (when Ao Run tells Sun Wu Kong of the demon's origins). One of the only parts of the 1986 version I actually enjoyed is when they did this storyline in their second series. Shouldn't have been skipped over.

Remember this video?

This is when Zhang Ji Zhong got extremely pissed off at the moron haters and finally blew his lid.

LOVE IT.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 04-16-12 at 05:39 AM.
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

The original 60-episode version that was "leaked" back in August.

The one with the audio/video that wasn't completely synched.

And they kept reusing the SAME end credits at the end of each episode ... even though there are SIXTY different end credits.

That one is not edited in exactly the same way as the NEW, "official" version that broadcast in January and is the "finalized" version.

You have to compare each episode between the two versions as you go along. There are entire scenes that are cut out from one version but not another.

Just look at the last five episodes. The "new" version is EXTREMELY cut at the end. After the Three Rhino Kings storyline, the "newer" version heavily edits the last three storylines in the novel to fit them into about three episodes. The 60-episode version from August had FAR more scenes in those last three storylines.

The new version also cut out the entire "Tang Emperor in Hell" storyline.

They edited Ady An's scenes heavily, as well as the racier stuff like Gao Cui Lan showing her legs and the Scorpion Demon in bed with Xuan Zang.

The demonic Taoists in the Kingdom of Che Chi were supposed to drink Sun Wu Kong's piss ... but they changed it to "stale tea" in the final version.

Thankfully, the deep philosophy scene between Xuan Zang and the Taoist Tree Immortals was left untouched.

But these are only a few examples. There are more throughout the series. You have to compare each episode of BOTH 60-episode versions to see everything that was cut out in the final version.

I guess you could just get the 66-episode version as well. But I compared the episodes as I went along watching them, so it wasn't a big deal. And I saved the edited stuff from the old version.

----------

Does the 66 episode version have the Gator-Dragon of the Black Waters storyline? Because that's what I really care about. I wonder if Zhang Ji Zhong produced that story but decided to cut it out early on ... or if he never bothered to shoot it in the first place.

Why he skipped it I'll never know. It's actually a very good storyline, especially if he had done the flashback to the Taoist soothsayer and Dragon King of the Jing River DURING this storyline (when Ao Run tells Sun Wu Kong of the demon's origins). One of the only parts of the 1986 version I actually enjoyed is when they did this storyline in their second series. Shouldn't have been skipped over.

Remember this video?

This is when Zhang Ji Zhong got extremely pissed off at the moron haters and finally blew his lid.

LOVE IT.

Not sure about the Dragon Gator story line....But I just talked to an online friend who just finish watching the 66 episodes on DVD and he said there is more clip that is not shown from the 3 versions that was posted on youtube.

Each episode is 40 mins long and so if you do the math 40 x60 you only get 2400 plus a bit more cause im sure each episode is 40-44 mins not just 40

and if you do 40 x 66 you would get 2640 so there is definitly 240 something mins of clips that we haven't seen on the youtube ones.....

and a plus to the DVD 66 episodes is the english sub

Quote Originally Posted by genna View Post
    How about one of my favorites, Jian Nan Ai Qing (艰难爱情)?
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Rich_Man_Poor_Love

You can watch it on sohu:
    http://tv.sohu.com/s2010/zswlwdjnaq/
    Per your recommendation, I watched it over the weekend and LOVED it! Any series that has be crying by the last few episodes goes on my 'save' list.

I don't know how I'd deal with this kind of love, but it sure as hell was delicious watching it unfold!
    因為愛, 我才卸下偽裝♥不再當放羊的小孩