Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Lan Ling Wang 《兰陵王》 - Feng Shao Feng, Ariel Lin, Daniel Chan

It would be fab if you started a blog! Chinese is my second language since we need to do both English and Chinese But I find translating historicals tough, especially like Zhen Huan Zhuan, its just hard to properly explain the nuances in the Chinese and the beauty of the words. And yes I agree with you about the script but maybe its because the leads like Daniel and Ariel are not the kind of actor/actress that can carry off the really traditional language. Ariel still carries a tad of the modern feel to her and her speech

I was pretty much fast forwarding through episodes 34-35. Really not that interesting to me. But finally Lan Ling Wang is finally reconnecting with his former self in the beginning episodes with the cute scenes with Xue Wu before he takes the poison. It was so sad when he tried to hold the tears in. Honestly though, bad decision to take the poison, I don't get how he thinks Gao Wei would respect their terms to leave Xue Wu alone after his death. It's just naive of him to think so given the title of a great warrior. The drama is quite poorly written, what a let down from the producer or director who did Material Queen. There's just so much stupidity and out-of-character actions. But hey! Lan Ling Wang taking the 'poison' (apparently he doesn't die) means that Yu Wen Yong will come out and save dear Xue Wu again More screen time for my Daniel

On the other hand I think Gao Wei and Yu Wen Yong's characters were actually carefully crafted where there are many layers of emotions and personality as well as character development through out the drama. It just gives more depth and allows the audience to understand a bit more.

Adjani, I do agree that Ariel's voice do scream out modern, and she doesn't have that traditional beauty look for period dramas but this isn't exactly a period drama. I think it would have sounded better if she didn't dub her own voice, I mean Daniel's dubbed suites his role. I found Ariel very pleasing in Legend of Condor Heroes and The Little Fairy with Hu Ge, she's not much of the royalty type but more of the outgoing intelligent girl next door that males fall in love with. Daniel carries a modern look but he pulls off Yu Wen Yong so well, on the other hand in his other modern drama, Love SOS, I find his acting quite unbearable.

RedenzioneI actually think we've seen quite a lot of some characters, namely Gao Wei with his conflicts with his father and power, Zheng Er with her hardships after commiting crime. I wish Xiao Dong (hehe has the same name is Daniel, Chen Xiao Dong, I find it cute) and An De Wang had more screen time, I find them more interesting as characters than Lan Ling Wang. While they do focus a lot of the OTP, I feel like the main characters themselves aren't well written, which is why we're not satisfied with seeing their relationship struggles. The way they fell for each other wasn't that satisfying for me, it seems Xue Wu just fell for Lan Ling Wang because she heard about his great accomplishment as a child, not because of what he does for her. Where as Lan Ling Wang fell in love because Xue Wu was intelligent and helped him when he was troubled as well as giving up her grandma/home for him. Just seems like Lan Ling Wang didn't do enough compared to Yu Wen Yong. With Yu Wen Yong you can see him falling for her bit by bit and why he did. Hah, I'm just not the '一見鐘情' kind of girl.

ANYWAYS, another Daniel video time. His song 比我幸福 really captures Yu Wen Yong's unrequited love towards Xue Wu. Enjoy:

Lyrics:
    望著廣場的時鐘 你還在我的懷裡躲風
    不習慣言不由衷 沉默如何能讓你都懂
    此刻與你相擁 也算有始有終
    祝福有許多種 心痛卻盡在不言中

請你一定要比我幸福 才不枉費我狼狽退出
    再痛也不說苦 愛不用抱歉來彌補
    至少我能成全你的追逐
    請記得你要比我幸福 才值得我對自己殘酷
    我默默的倒數 最後再把你看清楚
    看你眼裡的我好糢糊 慢慢被放逐

放心去追逐你的幸福 別管我願不願
    孤不孤獨 都別在乎

I remember NuDaFu saying how Daniel portrays the emotions so well through just simple lyrics. Totally agree!

I think Across Time will have more to ship when the drama progresses and actually YWY and LLW also developed a respect and "bromance" of sort when it comes to Xue Wu as they will rely on each other to protect her.

As for bad writing and "epic" could be, I do agree to some extent, much of the exchange and the characters are more like an idol drama than a historical per se, although I think that was by design as well. Additionally, I am not sure if Daniel or Ariel or FSF can be of the Sun Li est calibre. I get the same feel from this drama as I did with Swordsman (Joe Chen version), hard to explain.

I also prefer the earlier arc where LLW and Xue Wu were getting to know each other and pitting their wits, I know that by design, there is the need to set up the platform for LLW's prophesied demise but the zheng er & zhu ting, plus crown prince arc is doing my head in a tad. And I know it gets a bit worse from Episode 36 on, they could have probably just "collapsed" it into shorter episodes. But thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteBabyAngel17 View Post
    and LLW is so stupid!!! wth would he even believe the king will care for the commoners when JE is by his side ALL THE TIME and when the king is so inept!!! if LLW really cared for his people, he should've killed the king and become king!!!!
    You know, a part of me really wanted the drama to entertain the idea of Lan Ling Wang considering going for the throne. It'd be an interesting source of internal conflict for Lan Ling Wang's character. On one hand, he's supposed to be the "good soldier" who supports his commander-in-chief no matter how inept that person is. On the other hand, he wants the citizens to live well and we know Gao Wei isn't making that happen. Maybe in another drama haha.

AcrossTime, have you seen that one interview where the reporters ask Ariel what her favorite Daniel Chan hit was? She gives her answer (I forget which song) and right away he responds, "That one?! It's so cheesy!" Liked him even more after that
    Last edited by panda-pop; 08-26-13 at 10:33 PM.

Across Time: I think Daniel did a wonderful job with this piece and yes, just like I think FSF did better with his breakout piece "Gong". Honestly as for the dubbing, its really hard, I think some actors can just act and emote better than dubbing it (and Ariel always had a "higher pitch" tone to it).

I could be wrong but I think Daniel has been in the industry way longer than Ariel and FSF, I mean considering he is Ariel's idol. :P and yes a lot of the characters are kinda of one-dimensional and simply play into the "Its destiny", i.e. LLW is meant to be that kind of a "king" and subject and Xue Wu was destined to be with him and "assist" him and well YWY was bound for greatness if he managed to rid his nemesis. Others like Xiao Dong was meant to be an admirer period with no chance no matter what he did because of his station (well and Drama/Novel is LLW not Xiao Dong :P) and well Wu Di is bromance assistant :P Incidentally, I tried watching a modern drama by the actor who plays Wu Di and couldn't put myself through one episode :P hahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by adjani View Post
    I think Across Time will have more to ship when the drama progresses and actually YWY and LLW also developed a respect and "bromance" of sort when it comes to Xue Wu as they will rely on each other to protect her.

As for bad writing and "epic" could be, I do agree to some extent, much of the exchange and the characters are more like an idol drama than a historical per se, although I think that was by design as well. Additionally, I am not sure if Daniel or Ariel or FSF can be of the Sun Li est calibre. I get the same feel from this drama as I did with Swordsman (Joe Chen version), hard to explain.

I also prefer the earlier arc where LLW and Xue Wu were getting to know each other and pitting their wits, I know that by design, there is the need to set up the platform for LLW's prophesied demise but the zheng er & zhu ting, plus crown prince arc is doing my head in a tad. And I know it gets a bit worse from Episode 36 on, they could have probably just "collapsed" it into shorter episodes. But thats just me.
    Definitely, I'm excited for the next few episodes even though poor Xiao Dong dies ): Well they do respect each other as suitable opponents on the battle field. But as to relationship wise, I think Lan Ling Wang has seen what Yu Wen Yong is willing to sacrifice for Xue Wu, thus asking him to protect her after his death. I feel that Ariel, Daniel, and Chen Qiao En are more suitable in idol dramas where as Sun Li, Liu Shi Shi and such has more of a periodic drama feel, there's an air of elegance to them. Feng Shao Feng is just in a category of his own cus I just don't like his acting. Also, Daniel indeed debuted earlier than Ariel (1995) but his career was focused more on being an 偶像 (idol) and singing. Then he left the stage for a few years hiatus, only returning back with his album 'So Hot' recently in 2011-ish. From what I've seen he hasn't had too much acting experience compared to Ariel and FSF whom are more experienced actors.

Quote Originally Posted by panda-pop View Post
    You know, a part of me really wanted to see the drama to entertain the idea of Lan Ling Wang considering going for the throne. It'd be an interesting source of internal conflict for Lan Ling Wang's character. On one hand, he's supposed to be the "good soldier" who supports his commander-in-chief no matter how inept that person is. On the other hand, he wants the citizens to live well and we know Gao Wei isn't making that happen. Maybe in another drama haha.

AcrossTime, have you seen that one interview where the reporters ask Ariel what her favorite Daniel Chan hit was? She gives her answer (I forget which song) and right away he responds, "That one?! It's so cheesy!" Liked him even more after that
    Panda-pop we should make you the director of the drama It would save me from all the rage I've been feeling. And yes I think it was 心理遊戲 (her answer) and she sang a line of 心有獨鍾. Both great songs!

Quote Originally Posted by AcrossTime View Post
    I was pretty much fast forwarding through episodes 34-35. Really not that interesting to me. But finally Lan Ling Wang is finally reconnecting with his former self in the beginning episodes with the cute scenes with Xue Wu before he takes the poison. It was so sad when he tried to hold the tears in. Honestly though, bad decision to take the poison, I don't get how he thinks Gao Wei would respect their terms to leave Xue Wu alone after his death. It's just naive of him to think so given the title of a great warrior. The drama is quite poorly written, what a let down from the producer or director who did Material Queen. There's just so much stupidity and out-of-character actions. But hey! Lan Ling Wang taking the 'poison' (apparently he doesn't die) means that Yu Wen Yong will come out and save dear Xue Wu again More screen time for my Daniel

On the other hand I think Gao Wei and Yu Wen Yong's characters were actually carefully crafted where there are many layers of emotions and personality as well as character development through out the drama. It just gives more depth and allows the audience to understand a bit more.

Adjani, I do agree that Ariel's voice do scream out modern, and she doesn't have that traditional beauty look for period dramas but this isn't exactly a period drama. I think it would have sounded better if she didn't dub her own voice, I mean Daniel's dubbed suites his role. I found Ariel very pleasing in Legend of Condor Heroes and The Little Fairy with Hu Ge, she's not much of the royalty type but more of the outgoing intelligent girl next door that males fall in love with. Daniel carries a modern look but he pulls off Yu Wen Yong so well, on the other hand in his other modern drama, Love SOS, I find his acting quite unbearable.

RedenzioneI actually think we've seen quite a lot of some characters, namely Gao Wei with his conflicts with his father and power, Zheng Er with her hardships after commiting crime. I wish Xiao Dong (hehe has the same name is Daniel, Chen Xiao Dong, I find it cute) and An De Wang had more screen time, I find them more interesting as characters than Lan Ling Wang. While they do focus a lot of the OTP, I feel like the main characters themselves aren't well written, which is why we're not satisfied with seeing their relationship struggles. The way they fell for each other wasn't that satisfying for me, it seems Xue Wu just fell for Lan Ling Wang because she heard about his great accomplishment as a child, not because of what he does for her. Where as Lan Ling Wang fell in love because Xue Wu was intelligent and helped him when he was troubled as well as giving up her grandma/home for him. Just seems like Lan Ling Wang didn't do enough compared to Yu Wen Yong. With Yu Wen Yong you can see him falling for her bit by bit and why he did. Hah, I'm just not the '一見鐘情' kind of girl.

ANYWAYS, another Daniel video time. His song 比我幸福 really captures Yu Wen Yong's unrequited love towards Xue Wu. Enjoy:

Lyrics:
    望著廣場的時鐘 你還在我的懷裡躲風
    不習慣言不由衷 沉默如何能讓你都懂
    此刻與你相擁 也算有始有終
    祝福有許多種 心痛卻盡在不言中

請你一定要比我幸福 才不枉費我狼狽退出
    再痛也不說苦 愛不用抱歉來彌補
    至少我能成全你的追逐
    請記得你要比我幸福 才值得我對自己殘酷
    我默默的倒數 最後再把你看清楚
    看你眼裡的我好糢糊 慢慢被放逐

放心去追逐你的幸福 別管我願不願
    孤不孤獨 都別在乎

I remember NuDaFu saying how Daniel portrays the emotions so well through just simple lyrics. Totally agree!
    This: I wish Xiao Dong (hehe has the same name is Daniel, Chen Xiao Dong, I find it cute) and An De Wang had more screen time, I find them more interesting as characters than Lan Ling Wang. While they do focus a lot of the OTP, I feel like the main characters themselves aren't well written, which is why we're not satisfied with seeing their relationship struggles.

Is pretty much exactly what I was trying to say very ineloquently. Thank you!

And OMG that vid...re-watch X 10.

Okay, after episodes 33-35, you can't complain about this drama being cliched. I mean, how often in Chinese period dramas do you see the female protagonist become a suicide bomber? These three episodes are actually a ton of fun to watch if you seriously relax your standards for.. well, logic and stuff. And play a drinking game while you're at it. A shot each time a character/scene makes you laugh without actually meaning to.

(I hope I don't sound too harsh because I'm serious when I say I enjoyed these three episodes. I thought I'd fast-forward through a bunch of it but the trying-too-hard-and-succeeding-only-at-making-me-giggle storyline kept me super entertained.)

I'll just lump the three episodes together because not a ton happens, really. Zheng Er/Feng Xiao Lian becomes queen of Zhou and proceeds to do all sorts of crazy evil things like kill baby girls and force prisoners to fight each other to the death, Hunger Games-style. She's the worst, we get it. The king, Gao Wei, also gets his share of screen time as the other half of the big bad in this show. He not only takes away Lan Ling Wang's military authority, but forces Lan Ling Wang to act out this weird charade that makes it look like Lan Ling Wang was punishing himself for being bad to his soldiers (I swear it's as confusing and pointless as I'm making it sound). Of course, the soldiers don't buy it and remain faithful Lan Ling Wang fanboys. This makes Gao Wei mad and even more determined to screw things up, because if it didn't we wouldn't have the rest of the show. He and Zheng Er come up with a plan (Who am I kidding, it's all Zheng Er. Gao Wei isn't portrayed as much of a thinker) that would cause a drought throughout the kingdom and force Xue Wu to marry Gao Wei. If this doesn't make much sense, you're probably a sane person. What they do is deplete the water supply-- of their own kingdom-- just so they have cause to spread the rumor that the heavens are mad at Zhou because Lan Ling Wang stole the Tian Nu from the "Tian Zi," or the king. And then, having diverted Lan Ling Wang and everyone else in his entourage who could come to Xue Wu's rescue, they pick Xue Wu up for the very public, very humiliating wedding ceremony. This is when Xue Wu packs her dynamite-stick looking explosives and decides to go down in flames with Zheng Er and Gao Wei. It's a huge credit to Ariel's acting that I felt the smallest twinge of sadness throughout this ridiculosity. Right before Xue Wu goes through with it, Lan Ling Wang arrives and proves that the drought was a man-made disaster, not some punishment doled out by the heavens. Lan Ling Wang's fan club grows even bigger and Gao Wei decides he's had it, Lan Ling Wang must die. Gao Wei's also had it with elaborate schemes (what a shame..), so he tells Lan Ling Wang to go out the old school way by drinking poison. He promises Lan Ling Wang that he'll be a better king after Lan Ling Wang dies. Everybody in the world ever: "AS IF." Lan Ling Wang: "Cool, I'm down." Me: The only good thing to come out of all of that is the last 10 minutes of episode 35 where Lan Ling Wang and Xue Wu get to spend some pre-poison-drinking quality time together and fill my screen up with cute. Lan Ling Wang, being your classic noble idiot, chooses not to tell Xue Wu what he's decided to do. He does buy her a pretty hair comb though, so I guess that makes up for it? Suuure, let's go with that.

Fun times, right? Up ahead, we'll see Lan Ling Wang "die" and Zheng Er stab his "dead" body to confirm this. We'll also see Xue Wu on the run from Zheng Er and finally, Yu Wen Yong's rescue of Xue Wu in episode 38! Any theories on how Lan Ling Wang fakes his death? Some of the scenes with Zheng Er make me wonder if she'll be the one to mess with the poison.. it certainly seems like she's still not over Lan Ling Wang yet.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/25a8360.jpg')
    毛林颖 (Mao Lin Lin) does these hateful looks so well. She has the "unhinged evil queen" act down pat during this scene where she negotiates with Lan Ling Wang-- Xue Wu in exchange for peace in the kingdom.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/eploqw.jpg')
    Can we talk about how gorgeous Ariel looks in most parts of this drama? Especially in this scene, when she's (rightfully) suspicious about Lan Ling Wang's claim that the king apologized about the forced-marriage thing and promised to get his act together. Ten seconds later, she believes him. Sigh.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/24g1w10.jpg')
    But really, so gorgeous.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/2je9ylg.jpg')
    Even An De Wang's like, "Are you crazy?? You actually think the king's going to keep his word after he kills you?" George Hu's eyebrows deserve a spot in the credits.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/vpjc6s.jpg')
    If you thought this was Yu Wen Yong thinking of Xue Wu, you'd be wrong. He's thinking about.. Lan Ling Wang! I bet this scene annoyed those of you who think Yu Wen Yong's gone too soft. He even goes as far as to say that he hopes Lan Ling Wang survives Gao Wei's reign. Anyone shipping the bromance between these two?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/2ezqqe0.jpg')
    Augh, Gao Wei. I want to hate him but I can't. The way the actor looks at Zheng Er in this scene, like a lost little boy who just wants someone to tell him what to do-- I want to punch him and pat him on the head at the same time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/2lcl9jp.jpg')
    If you're a Lan Ling Wang & Xue Wu shipper, skip right to episode 35, 29 minutes in. You can't tell me these two don't work together.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/2q358ig.jpg')
    We finally get our rain scene from the trailers! I was surprised that Lan Ling Wang kneeling in the rain had nothing to do with Xue Wu; it was Gao Wei's way of punishing him for inspiring such loyalty in his soldiers. What did you guys think?
    Last edited by panda-pop; 08-27-13 at 02:21 AM.

I just died from laughing too much. Here's my ghost typing this in heaven.

Panda-pop: This drama certainly pushes all boundaries of ridiculousness both in the good and bad sense. I agree with you. If you want to watch from ep 19 to now, you'll need to throw away your logic and stuff. I decided that this series is only 18 eps for me. Just 18. Nothing you or anyone can say or do to change this. I'm gonna watch the later eps as a badly, horrendously made sequel.

I'm cracking up so hard at your YWY's caption. I swear I can hear yaoi fangirls somewhere screaming on the top of their lungs. If they determine to mess up with YWY's character or thinking about a bromance, I'd not mind if they go to the extreme. C'mon. Those dudes are hot. What more can you ask for? I even think there might be a scene when YWY jump in front to cover LLW from a stray arrow and later black out in LLW's arms. Or at least in a fanfiction.

About Daniel's songs: I'm having a hard time telling his songs apart cause they all sound alike to me lol. Here's my fave from him:
    Last edited by memory86; 08-27-13 at 03:08 AM.

Pandapop, I loved your last post. Suicide bomber!! So apt!

And like I said before, I have trouble with this whole Zheng Er driven "I am going to have my revenge and Gao Wei - I want to be a real king so kill LLW arc" as well as the previous short arc with Zheng Er. The thing about the previous Zheng Er arc, could at least be said LLW is naive and so rightly ends up "trapped" but once he gets out of that way, he really does commit to Xue Wu till his death. As for this one, well, its the platform for his "death". I liked the scenes you highlighted, it seems just like LLW to stay in the rain for his army and subjects... and avoids the "we copied BBJX" where the leading man knelt in the rain for his love. (Although clearly we can see that Chinese dramas do love this .. kneeling in the rain ... *wry smile*).

Frankly in this entire arc and the upcoming episodes till Episode 40 (Yes I still loved the LLW and Xue Wu scenes), what I am really shipping the bromances between LLW and his Wu Di (plus his faith in Xiao Dong) and that of YWY, imagine if they were a team, gosh! They could have done so much. DAMNit!

Acting wise, I didn't expect much from what I thought were more of an "idol" cast, FSF is adequate and good at times, Daniel is surprisingly great (his fee and star is going to rise a lot after this one) and Ariel (but then again she had won various awards previously) is fabulous as well. As are the supporting cast of "hateful" characters, no one really outshines anyone too much. Unlike Joe Chen did as DFBB, she was so good that everyone else seemed "meh".

All in all, so I am enjoying this ride. Worth waiting for it. Plus the songs were all so nice!

Me Me, I don't mind being part of the Yaoi fan group YWY yeah yeah LLW yeah yeah :P

Memory86 I love that song too! -true fangirl here- Gotta say Daniel's old songs are better than his So Hot album. Panda-pop, I loved reading your recap for those episodes than the actual episodes themselves! You're hilarious, make that c/tw-drama blog happen ASAP! About the Lan Ling Wang-faking-his-death-theory, I have one! So Zheng Er is going to tamper with the poison and make it so that it fakes his death then have Gao Wei stab the body to confirm he is actually dead but then get a doctor to heal him and keep him locked up (there was this one scene where Lan Ling Wang was chained to a bed) and get him to fall in love with her again (because she's crazy like that), then he somehow manages to escape and become the raggedy ragged guy we see in the preview. Waow, that was a long run on sentence, but that's my guess.

As for yaoi, why not YWY x Xiao Dong or YWY x An De Wang. If you're gonna do yaoi at least put two good looking guys together!

Adjani, I feel you for Swordsman, despite it being twisted up and sorts, Qiao En stole the show, I really expected Wallace to play a better LingHu Chong. But the worst thing for me in the drama was the pairing, the girl who played Ren Ying Ying was horrendous and they actually coupled her and Ling Hu Chong together, leaving DFBB giving up her heart to save the one she loves. Disappointing. Dramas these days just don't like giving happy endings or something.

Across Time: if you came up with the thought without reading the episode guides then you should be the novelist and scriptwriter! hahah what you described is what is more or less what happens assuming they adhere to the guides.

I do think there are some gaps here and there even at the end of the drama but let's talk about that later on when it ends!

And yeah I mean Yu mama has some good ones and even that CJ filled Swordsman (which according to lots of sources, merely copied the computer based graphics!) could not help with the lop sided presentation and if he wanted DFBB to be so close to Linghu Chong, they might as well have gone all the way. As for actors/actresses, they all have their hits and misses. E.g. I really liked Yuan Hong in BBJX but I have watched a few of his other works and it didn't move me.

Yeah I will wait for yours and panda pop's yaoi version :P YWY and LLW, An De Wang and Xiao Dong maybe... heheheeheh

wow... everyone did an EXTREMELY amazing job these few episodes... i know like 75% of pepo here are YWY and XW shippers, but hey! its not really FSF's fault that the scriptwriter came up with the 2 idiotic episode where he sided with JE.

whatever angry feelings i had for LLW, i forgive him! it was so touching when he held onto XW on that last day, kissed her, and apologized to her.

greatest kudos to ariel lin tho... i always felt there was too much xiang qin in her character, but that segment where she said she's never hated anyone, but REALLY hates the king and queen was probably the best performance i have seen in her... can totally feel her pain..

xiao dong dying for her was sweet... but i guess he was doomed at love even from the beginning....

finally, YWY.. the YWY that everyone loves.. best scene is probably when he declared that XW will be his concubine.. so much power in those words... he DOES seem really disappointed that LLW is dead so that is some really nice bromance there.. and he was spot on when he said LLW was showing idiotic loyalty and that he should've put up a fight!

and as for tying up LLW in a chain.... errr.... JE might as well have raped him while she was at it...

wow... everyone did an EXTREMELY amazing job these few episodes... i know like 75% of pepo here are YWY and XW shippers, but hey! its not really FSF's fault that the scriptwriter came up with the 2 idiotic episode where he sided with JE.

whatever angry feelings i had for LLW, i forgive him! it was so touching when he held onto XW on that last day, kissed her, and apologized to her.

greatest kudos to ariel lin tho... i always felt there was too much xiang qin in her character, but that segment where she said she's never hated anyone, but REALLY hates the king and queen was probably the best performance i have seen in her... can totally feel her pain..

xiao dong dying for her was sweet... but i guess he was doomed at love even from the beginning....

finally, YWY.. the YWY that everyone loves.. best scene is probably when he declared that XW will be his concubine.. so much power in those words... he DOES seem really disappointed that LLW is dead so that is some really nice bromance there.. and he was spot on when he said LLW was showing idiotic loyalty and that he should've put up a fight!

and as for tying up LLW in a chain.... errr.... JE might as well have raped him while she was at it...
    When i got off from work I had to watch it so much tears in the last two episodes gah

The scene near the end of 38 everybody was also especially ariel as that scene screaming in pain. I can feel the suffering and pain she went through especially that scene. n I have to say George at that scene was pretty hot with that hairstyle. keke its almost the end too gah cannot wait for the king and Zheng Er to get what they deserve!

Okay after watching how Lan Ling Wang and Xue Wu's last moments before his "death" was really touching.I gotta say, I couldn't hate him in those moments, but his stupid decisions in previous episodes are still there. One thing that was ridiculous was when Zheng Er told him she was going to kill Xue Wu, he still willingly took the poison. What?! She just said she's going to kill your wife! Even if he planned for Xiao Dong to send her to Yu Wen Yong before hand, could he really believe in one person to safely send her there? So that made me hate him again.

Lets pay tribute to Han Xiao Dong. Was such a true and loyal friend to Xue Wu. His final scene was so touching, it made me cry. He never asked for anything more than her to be happy and even sacrificed his life for his one and only love.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdpttx3j20bu0hs76m.jpg')

His final moments using himself to protect Xue Wu from the arrows.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/2e1aeqr.png')

There's been a saying on weibo for awhile now: 百年修得高長恭、千年修得韓曉東、萬年難得宇文邕 I totally agree!! Okay onto the appearance of Yu Wen Yong to the rescue. Finally! Daniel just conveys his emotions so well through his beautiful big eyes. When I saw him look at Xue Wu while she was in pain, there was anger and sadness, but there was still a tinge of power. I can't even describe how well that scene was put together.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/29wlnvq.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/zwiauu.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/2nga99g.png')

Also, the cinematography in episode 38 was superb! Look at how pretty this little house/ room that Xue Wu stays in is. The blossoms really add a romantic dreamy feel despite being a sad scene.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/p4niv.png')

Right, An De Wang looked absolutely ravishing in his drunken state. I'm glad that he has that maid girl (forgot her name) by his side even after he's lost everything. On a side note, I feel bad for Gao Wei, he's just a lost puppy. If it weren't for Zheng Er, he wouldn't have made such cruel decisions and killed so many innocent people. The feeling of regret after he killed Lan Ling Wang really shows that deep inside he's still a kind hearted little boy. I was proud when he lashed out at Zheng Er and that other evil guy. As for Xue Wu, after she expressed how much she hated and wanted to kill Gao Wei and Zheng Er did I feel she finally grew up a bit. Finally some sort of development in her character. Honestly she's stayed the all so holier-than-thou state for too long. So kudos to growing up I know upcoming Yu Wen Yong scenes won't be enough for this hardcore fangirl but I'll cherish every bit of it

Yeah that was a good scene, shows that 威嚴 that a king should have. Quite the opposite of Gao Wei. Me likesss! I think there was a bit too much bromance in the air and I felt he went a bit soft in that part. And LOL, I bet she did rape him. Did you see the deranged in-love face when her maid asked her if she was visiting 'that person' again after sneaking out.
    Last edited by AcrossTime; 08-27-13 at 09:36 PM.

Across Time: woman you write the coolest posts. Ahahhaha Frankly Zheng Er must really be nuts to go at LLW when he is still recovering and incapable of doing anything *wry smile*.

I have not had the chance to really watch the entire 3 episodes yet, I merely skimmed through some bits before life's priorities took over. Will review but what I have watched so far .. hats off to all the actors, I must say LLW in the face of his demise, An de wang in the bromance, YWY (HOT HOT HOT) in his bromance, emperor mode and I must save her. Xiao Dong - I will die for her. And Ariel, that anguish and that loss and the hope all coming together.

And we march onwards to the end!

Below is what was posted in the LLW Drama Weibo (sorry I cannot seem to be able to post the pics!)

电视剧兰陵王
    #电视剧兰陵王#万箭穿心[泪]//@林依晨Ariel: 謝謝你,曉冬,沒有你,雪舞如何存在...[泪]

@魏千翔
    人的价值体现在当别人处于危难时的一系列反应,韩晓冬做到了!他没有违背自己的誓言,他一直在坚持!用生命 去死守!他的人格是伟大的,让人敬仰的!这也是当初选择接这个角色很大的理由。出身如何不能选择,但是怎样 活下去是掌握在自己手里的。虽然是自己演绎的却还是为之动容!感谢大家!

Quote Originally Posted by adjani View Post
    Below is what was posted in the LLW Drama Weibo (sorry I cannot seem to be able to post the pics!)

电视剧兰陵王
    #电视剧兰陵王#万箭穿心[泪]//@林依晨Ariel: 謝謝你,曉冬,沒有你,雪舞如何存在...[泪]

@魏千翔
    人的价值体现在当别人处于危难时的一系列反应,韩晓冬做到了!他没有违背自己的誓言,他一直在坚持!用生命 去死守!他的人格是伟大的,让人敬仰的!这也是当初选择接这个角色很大的理由。出身如何不能选择,但是怎样 活下去是掌握在自己手里的。虽然是自己演绎的却还是为之动容!感谢大家!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdejnqjj20hs0bu764.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdg5ovwj20hs0buq5l.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdhm25zj20hs0bugob.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdiltt3j20hs0bujsp.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdjwpayj20hs0bu773.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdlokpuj20hs0buaci.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdn3nuuj20hs0buju3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdokut4j20hs0buq5f.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62a25a0ejw1e81kdpttx3j20bu0hs76m.jpg')

can somebody translate what was XW screaming when YWY is around here. The first time was when they had to get the arrow out of her and the doctor said something. my mandarin isn't good but i kept hearing child is she pregnant? and the second time her cursing at the king and zheng er right?