Thread: Will there be another HSDS?

Default Will there be another HSDS?

I know of the Alec Su version, but it wasn't directed by the same director as LOCH and ROCH. Will the director complete the trilogy?

Here are some people I had in mind for the casts

ZWJ- Hu Ge/ Yan Kuan/ Tae
    ZM- Ady An (can't think of a better person)
    ZZR- Florance Tan/ Eva Heung
    ZCS- Nie Yuen/ Li Yi Peng
    YSS- Shui Ling/Fan Bing Bing
    Xiao Zhao- Jang Nara/ Yang Mi/ Li Qian
    What do you guy think?

i think ZJZ is planning to direct HSDS at some point... people are thinking of having LYF in it, but personally, i'm looking forward to some fresh faces

i think Yang Mi would be good as XZ...
    i thought the female cast in HSDS 03 would be really hard to beat...
    Chen Sha Sha, Alyssa, Gao Yuan Yuan.... very beautiful... also very good acting-wise

actually i thought gao yuan yuan acting was rather sorry, her facial expression wasn't good.. its the same expression in every movie she plays in... hsds03 and Hero(Number one in the world).

it worked for HSDS though... i hated ZZR in the book and in the past adaptations, but i felt sorry for her in the 03 version...

i thought GYY's acting was actually a lot better than Zhao Min, who's expressions often looked kinda over the top and cartoonlike

well i see what you mean about alyssa

i thought the girls were all very pretty... although i did think that XZ was more cute than pretty... in the book she was the most beautiful of the 4

i thought Yin Li was actually very beautiful as well even though she was meant to be ugly

Storywise, Taiwan/YPP's version is best because most insightful. They made ZM very noble near the end and the resolution to the "murder mystery" was dealt with most satisfactorily. Although, I'm probably the odd few who actually appreciates this adaption.

Looks wise, no versions that I've seen so far are good.

Alec's version is seriously overated IMO. At that time, I really admired Alyssa, but in HSDS, she was terrible, GYY was terrible (Chow Hai Mei is way better looking than her, plus she has phenomenal screen presence). CGI use was just way overboard. It was a waste of Chen Sha Sha's talent because she was excellent in Da Han Tian Zi I.

I don't necessarily want ZJZ to re-make HSDS. I don't want LYF to be in it because it will ruin the good run of improvement she is in acting wise. Can't think of a good role she would fit.

Maybe it's just that HSDS is not that good of a storyline to work with...maybe except the martial art concept. Have to admit 9 Yang Zhen Jing and Qian Kun Da Luo Yi has are tops in martial ideals in whole Jin Yong universe.

ZWJ just is just an unlovable character. He's too perfect and lucky...probably sets it up as kind of an unrealistic character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    actually i thought gao yuan yuan acting was rather sorry, her facial expression wasn't good.. its the same expression in every movie she plays in... hsds03 and Hero(Number one in the world).

Funny, because it was all of that facial expression of her's that won me over. Maybe because I'm looking at it from a guy's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by FCsquibbles
    Storywise, Taiwan/YPP's version is best because most insightful. They made ZM very noble near the end and the resolution to the "murder mystery" was dealt with most satisfactorily. Although, I'm probably the odd few who actually appreciates this adaption.

Looks wise, no versions that I've seen so far are good.

Alec's version is seriously overated IMO. At that time, I really admired Alyssa, but in HSDS, she was terrible, GYY was terrible (Chow Hai Mei is way better looking than her, plus she has phenomenal screen presence). CGI use was just way overboard. It was a waste of Chen Sha Sha's talent because she was excellent in Da Han Tian Zi I.

I don't necessarily want ZJZ to re-make HSDS. I don't want LYF to be in it because it will ruin the good run of improvement she is in acting wise. Can't think of a good role she would fit.

Maybe it's just that HSDS is not that good of a storyline to work with...maybe except the martial art concept. Have to admit 9 Yang Zhen Jing and Qian Kun Da Luo Yi has are tops in martial ideals in whole Jin Yong universe.

ZWJ just is just an unlovable character. He's too perfect and lucky...probably sets it up as kind of an unrealistic character.

I'm with you on the Yang Pei Pei adaptation of HSDS. It's also my favorite among all of the adaptations. It had so many talented actors that fit their characters so well. I thought Hsuen Xing's Yang Xiao was the best Yang Xiao ever. The Golden-Haired Lion King (Wu Ji's yifu) was very impressive, more so than the new version's actor. Chow Hai Mi did have a phenomenal onscreen presence as Zhou Zhi Ruo, especially after she turned evil. My favorite scene was when her clan sister demanded the meng-zhu's ring from her and Chow Hai Mi's ZZR started flying into a rage and kicking her ***. Gao Yuan Yuan was not as impressive in this same scene.

I thought Steve Ma's Zhang WuJi looked even better than Alec's. Alec looked like some dude you could easily beat up, but not Steve Ma. The dude looked strong like how a fearsome hero/warrior should look.

Anyway, I heard that CTTV (Taiwanese TV channel) is currently working on making an official DVD set for the Yang Pei Pei's adaptation of HSDS. I hope it will be out sometime this year.

Originally posted by NarutoSakura

I'm with you on the Yang Pei Pei adaptation of HSDS. It's also my favorite among all of the adaptations. It had so many talented actors that fit their characters so well. I thought Hsuen Xing's Yang Xiao was the best Yang Xiao ever. The Golden-Haired Lion King (Wu Ji's yifu) was very impressive, more so than the new version's actor. Chow Hai Mi did have a phenomenal onscreen presence as Zhou Zhi Ruo, especially after she turned evil. My favorite scene was when her clan sister demanded the meng-zhu's ring from her and Chow Hai Mi's ZZR started flying into a rage and kicking her ***. Gao Yuan Yuan was not as impressive in this same scene.

I thought Steve Ma's Zhang WuJi looked even better than Alec's. Alec looked like some dude you could easily beat up, but not Steve Ma. The dude looked strong like how a fearsome hero/warrior should look.

Anyway, I heard that CTTV (Taiwanese TV channel) is currently working on making an official DVD set for the Yang Pei Pei's adaptation of HSDS. I hope it will be out sometime this year.
    Noooooooooooooooooo! I went and bought that bodgy VCD version (very poor resolution) because I thought that it would never be produced again (due to lack of popularity).

I actually really love the ending theme sung by Jacky Chan. I'm surprised by how pleasant and clear his voice is.

I love CHM's peformance in that scene too! That frustration and sense of "I can't take this anymore!" really flowed from ZZR in that scene.

Ye Tong is not the prettiest of girls but man could she act. During that first meeting at Lu Liu Shan Zhuang?, ZM just totally stole the screen posing as a young nobleman scheming against more elder/experienced guys.

The greatest change IMO to the storyline was how they made ZM honor her promise to her father buy completing her mission in saving Golden Haired King and then returning for the suicide sentence. It added a wealth of honor and loyalty to her country and who she was as a person than the novel's character (just another one to blindly follow ZWJ around).

Since the 2008 version of LOCH, and they're going to make 2014 ROTCH, than probably will be another Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre.