Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 2001 with English sub playing on US TV

Default Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 2001 with English sub playing on US TV

For those who live in New York City, USA, and don't understand Chinese. China's Xiao Ao Jiang Hu will be playing on AZN channel (Time Warner cable channel 848) with English subtitles, next week or next month. I'm not sure, but just saw the highlights.

The title has been renamed 'Laughing in the Wind' in English
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Thanks for the info...............that is something I will watch!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

That's gud. At last it comes with english subtitles. Too bad i'm not in the US n still can't find the version with the english subtitles online. Mmmm. Wonder if sumbody going to capture it.

Cheers!

I just saw the commercial for it..........its July 11 next Monday! I don't recall English subs (or mention of it) in the clip, but ill look out for the commercial again.
    Journey To The West

!!! Someone tape it *cough* cough* and Upload it somewhere *cough* cough*
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend
    I just saw the commercial for it..........its July 11 next Monday! I don't recall English subs (or mention of it) in the clip, but ill look out for the commercial again.
    AZN is Asian American channel, all of their major programs always have English subtitles. This highly acclaimed Wuxia series will definitely have one, they even renamed the title as 'Laughing in the Wind'

Darn - wished I lived in the US. I can't even find the VCDs in Malaysia or Singapore anymore.

It probably means there's a DVD version with English subs coming out soon, though...

Hopefully it's subbed, and not dubbed. US dubs make me cry....

True most of the major programs have english, but watchin the channel for a year there have been great Wuxia with no subs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    AZN is Asian American channel, all of their major programs always have English subtitles. This highly acclaimed Wuxia series will definitely have one, they even renamed the title as 'Laughing in the Wind'
    Journey To The West

this was what i got off of excite tv guide:
    time should be central time.

Laughing in the Wind
    Add to My Favorites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    75 AZNTV: Monday, July 11 2:30 PM
    Drama

(Mandarin w/ English subtitles)

Original Air Date: Jul 11, 2005

Search Again

Title or Actor:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Airings:
    AZNTV Monday, July 11 2:30 PM
    AZNTV Tuesday, July 12 6:00 AM
    AZNTV Tuesday, July 12 2:30 PM
    AZNTV Wednesday, July 13 6:00 AM
    AZNTV Wednesday, July 13 2:30 PM
    AZNTV Thursday, July 14 6:00 AM
    AZNTV Thursday, July 14 2:30 PM
    AZNTV Friday, July 15 6:00 AM
    AZNTV Friday, July 15 2:30 PM
    AZNTV Monday, July 18 6:00 AM
    AZNTV Monday, July 18 2:30 PM
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Red face

is it only aring in new york or anyone who has that can see it channel? i do live in the us but not in new york, so if that's it, then i can't see it. ahhh, sad for me.
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

You are not the only one, I live in NY, but not in NYC area. I also can't recieved it

it's available in houston...
    it's basically anywhere that carries the AZN channel.
    The AZN channel used to be the international channel.
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Default Laughing in the Wind (AZN Television)

The series is renamed Laughing in the Wind, (subtitled The Magic Swords of Ling). You do not need to worry about taping the 40 episodes. We are distributors of the program on DVD for all North America. The 40 episodes are being released as of this October 2005. The program is in Mandarin with English Subtitles. The first 10 Episodes in a double DVD boxed Collector's set have a street date of October 25th; featuring some of China's most famous talent: Li Ya Peng, Xu Qing, Wei Zi, Miao Yiyi, Li Jie, Chen Lifeng. Directed and Produced by Zou Qingfang; It comes with a series of collectible photos from the series inside. It is a Knight Mediacom International Release and will be available wherever you find videos at retail and rental: Tower, Virgin, Borders, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Blockbuster, Netflix, Strawberry, FYE Transworld stores and your favorite local video store. Ask for it, if it is not there. Please tell your friends.

Knight Mediacom International - I love you!!!

I'll love you even more if you adopted LOCH as your next project =)

Default re: Laughing in the Wind / Loch

When I saw the series, I loved it and so I bought it. I then sold it to AZN, and we will put out the 40 episodes as Four volumes of 10 episodes each, about two months apart. As you can imagine, we need to tell as many people as possible who like Wuxia and these talented actors, because its a pretty big project.
    Tell me about LOCH... as next project, maybe we will...

Knightmedia, you should distribute more Jin yong tv series in english old/new because there are many complaints because there is no english translations. I am alright with no translations since i understand chinese mandarin. I do like to show other friends if there was in english. Plus then everyone is happy

I am also selling Tian long ba bu 03' dvd complete offical boxset unopened for $42 if anyone is interested since we are talking about jin yong series. Also, it is spoken in chinese mandarin/chinese subtitles.

LOCH is Legend of the Condor Heroes, the second Jin Yong series by Zhang Zhi Zhong, after XAJH. Third would be TLBB, or Tian Long Ba Bu, followed by ROCH (Return of the Condor Heroes) which is slated for release end of this year or early next year (if I remember correctly). These are by no means the only China series which are worth subtitling professionally and airing on American television (Lian Cheng Jue is certainly worthy), but Zhang Zhi Zhong's works tend to be of a very watchable quality. TLBB has more of a powerful feel to it, with a star-studded cast but semi-disjointed story (but that's not the director's fault, it's the novel), and in any case there's a local Malaysian DVD version with English subs available. LOCH is a more classic, young kid grows up to avenge father beginning, which slowly develops into stronger themes of love, duty and loyalty to country.

By the way, if you ever need translators, you could do a lot worse than approach some of the veterans on this forum =) They'd quite easily beat the Malaysian translation, which wasn't really that bad at all.

yeahhhh that's the good news...coz i live in LA and can't watch that AZN ....anyway...i will get that DVD with Eng sub bcoz i don't know chinese thanz thanz thanz for putting sub on those wuxia series...pls keep up and i believe there r many ppl out there would love to watch with Eng sub like i do...

Quote Originally Posted by knightmedia
    The series is renamed Laughing in the Wind, (subtitled The Magic Swords of Ling). You do not need to worry about taping the 40 episodes. We are distributors of the program on DVD for all North America. The 40 episodes are being released as of this October 2005. The program is in Mandarin with English Subtitles. The first 10 Episodes in a double DVD boxed Collector's set have a street date of October 25th; featuring some of China's most famous talent: Li Ya Peng, Xu Qing, Wei Zi, Miao Yiyi, Li Jie, Chen Lifeng. Directed and Produced by Zou Qingfang; It comes with a series of collectible photos from the series inside. It is a Knight Mediacom International Release and will be available wherever you find videos at retail and rental: Tower, Virgin, Borders, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Blockbuster, Netflix, Strawberry, FYE Transworld stores and your favorite local video store. Ask for it, if it is not there. Please tell your friends.
    This is a very good news indeed for Non-Chinese speaking Wuxia fans.

My suggestion is (if the products sell well, which I hope it will) to do The Legend of Condor Heroes 2003 next (She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan) also directed by the same director, and has a top notch quality, since the novel is one of the most popular Jin Yong's novels of all time. It took them about 2 years to film this series, and it showed, not to mention it was shot in widescreen mode to capture the breathtaking sceneries and great fight choreography.

Then you should do Demi Gods & Semi Devisl 2004, another highly popular Jin Yong's novel, some said to be his best novel and it is also his longest and most imaginative in terms of fighting skills and other non-human feats. But the story itself is captivating since it's about three major characters in three different storylines but somehow their lives intervines each other. The martial arts scenes were darker, more bloody and out of this world compared to the other two, but still awesome.

Also, how much will the projected retail cost per volume (10 episodes) be ? I hope you will make it affordable though