Thread: Xiao Feng vs Duan Yu- Who is the Main and no 1 Lead in DGSD?

Default Xiao Feng vs Duan Yu- Who is the Main and no 1 Lead in DGSD?

Hello ,i have a question ,who is actually the main and no 1 lead in Demigods and Semidevils ?
    In the TVB 1982 version Duan Yu have appear from episode 1 until the end and Ken Tong name come first ahead of Bryan Leung Kar Yan and Xiao Feng i think only only come out after episode 15 while in the TVB 1996 version Xiao Feng have appear from episode 1 until the end and Felix Wong name come ahead of Benny Chan ,it also same in the mainland version which Hun Jun name come ahead of Jimmy Lin.

So in the tv or novel ,who is actually the main lead and main focus and who is 2nd lead ,Xiao Feng or Duan Yu?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Hello ,i have a question ,who is actually the main and no 1 lead in Demigods and Semidevils ?
    In the TVB 1982 version Duan Yu have appear from episode 1 until the end and Ken Tong name come first ahead of Bryan Leung Kar Yan and Xiao Feng i think only only come out after episode 15 while in the TVB 1996 version Xiao Feng have appear from episode 1 until the end and Felix Wong name come ahead of Benny Chan ,it also same in the mainland version which Hun Jun name come ahead of Jimmy Lin.

So in the tv or novel ,who is actually the main lead and main focus and who is 2nd lead ,Xiao Feng or Duan Yu?
    Thanks.
    THe novel doesn't have to give credits to it's characters, so I guess it technically doesn't matter. It could technically go either way.

I think Xiao Feng probably has a more developed and memorable storyline, and the story kind of ends with them. But DY has the more generic hero storyline of "guy with nothing finds rare martial arts manual in abandoned cave and becomes super powerful".
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Yeah, the novel has 3 leads. It's just that Xiao Feng is the oldest of the three and is more developed so adaptations tend to make him the lead, although the other two are not that far behind. If it's loyal to the book, then Duan Yu appears first. But since Xiao Feng is the 'lead', directors will make appear first.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    In the TVB 1982 version Duan Yu have appear from episode 1 until the end and Ken Tong name come first ahead of Bryan Leung Kar Yan
    That was probably just due to Ken Tong being the bigger star at the time and the producer wanting to highlight the star.

In the novel, Duan Yu probably has slightly more screen time and is more of a hub in terms of connectivity to everyone else.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    But DY has the more generic hero storyline of "guy with nothing finds rare martial arts manual in abandoned cave and becomes super powerful".
    Not really a "guy with NOTHING"- DY had powerful family members who were willing (actually, more like "forcibly trying") to teach him martial arts.
    欲取鸣琴弹,恨无知音赏。~孟浩然

Quote Originally Posted by HuangRong View Post
    Not really a "guy with NOTHING"- DY had powerful family members who were willing (actually, more like "forcibly trying") to teach him martial arts.
    I terms of HIS martial arts poweress is what I was refering to
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    THe novel doesn't have to give credits to it's characters, so I guess it technically doesn't matter. It could technically go either way.

I think Xiao Feng probably has a more developed and memorable storyline, and the story kind of ends with them. But DY has the more generic hero storyline of "guy with nothing finds rare martial arts manual in abandoned cave and becomes super powerful".
    And Duan Yu survived despite the odds, became King and got all the girls.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

DGSD actually has 3 main characters: Duan Yu, Xiao feng, Xhu Zhu. But Duan Yu has the biggest portions in the novel. The novel started with him.

DGSD has 3 leads only in the sense that it has 3 primary POV characters. In terms of face time, it's DY, XF, then XZ bringing up the rear.

Alexi Karamazov.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Alexi Karamazov.
    What does he have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    DGSD has 3 leads only in the sense that it has 3 primary POV characters. In terms of face time, it's DY, XF, then XZ bringing up the rear.
    That's mostly the product of Deun Yu being introduced first and playing a significant role in the the stories of the other two, while Kiu Fung and Hui Juk could only play roles in their own stories and the one guy ahead of him (which was none for Hui Juk).