Thread: Feats that show Gwok Jing's martial arts improvement from LOCH to ROCH?

Default Feats that show Gwok Jing's martial arts improvement from LOCH to ROCH?

The usual benchmark for the extent to which Gwok Jing's martial arts improved during the thirteen years between the end of LOCH and the beginning of ROCH is his performance against Greats-level opponents. At the end of LOCH, Gwok Jing was barely able to last 300 strokes against one Great using only 70% capacity against him; by the beginning of ROCH, Gwok Jing was able to equal or even slightly surpass a Great.

In terms of actual feats (aside from how well he did against Greats-level opponents), however, was there anything that demonstrated that his martial arts had improved significantly from their level the end of LOCH?

Well, his execution of XL18Z with 9 Yin influences is clearly more advanced than anything he did in LOCH.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

In my mind its most definitely his ability to singlehandedly defeated all of the Quan Zhen disciples fighting in their group formations. Plus his ability to completely humiliate Huo Du. Only great level fighters can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip View Post
    In my mind its most definitely his ability to singlehandedly defeated all of the Quan Zhen disciples fighting in their group formations. Plus his ability to completely humiliate Huo Du. Only great level fighters can do that.
    This is true. During most of LOCH, Gwok Jing's martial arts level was below that exhibited by Fok Do during ROCH, and it probably took until at least the point in LOCH when Gwok Jing learned the complete Hong Lung 18 Palms before he could challenge Fok Do on a more-or-less equal footing. During ROCH, however, Gwok Jing easily dominated Fok Do.

How about his Cloud Ascending Ladder skill which he "climb" Xiangyang gate the feat that even pre 16 years Jinlun or HIS YG couldn't copied😐😐😐😐

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png') Originally Posted by Western Eccentric $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png')
    How about his Cloud Ascending Ladder skill which he "climb" Xiangyang gate the feat that even pre 16 years Jinlun or HIS YG couldn't copied😐😐😐😐

Guo Jing never learned Wudang martial arts , at that time, even the Wudang was not exist yet

to the subject,
    in his handicap match vs Mongols in Mongol , he combined his 18 dragon subduing palm not only with 9-Yin and zhou botong's skill of Ambidexterity , also with Big Dipper formation of Quanzhen.

what i dont understand is, how to apply those formation theory into 1 user only
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 08-03-19 at 05:22 AM.

Yeahhh I mean Stairway to Heaven😶😶😶😶
    Guo Jing was slightly alarmed when he felt the rope part; though he won’t be injured by the fall, he would be surrounded by thousands and thousands of soldiers. How could he fight his way out of that? The Mongol army is right next to the city gate now; if my side opens it to let me in, the Mongols would definitely take the opportunity to push through. There was no time to think in this danger; his left foot flicked up against the wall and he flew up over ten feet. His right foot followed and he rose up another ten feet. Very few people were proficient in this “Stairs to Heaven” technique. Even those who were well versed in it could only manage two or three feet per step; but on this slippery wall, each step of Guo Jing’s took him over ten feet. Guo Jing’s martial arts were frighteningly good. Silence broke out on the battlefield as everyone fixed their eyes on him.

Jinlun Fawang was slightly startled when he saw this. However, he knew that when one uses the “Stairs to Heaven”, they must make their leap in one breath. If Fawang could distract him and disturb his breathing then Guo Jing would not be able to make his third step, so Fawang raised his bow again and shot an arrow towards Guo Jing’s back.

The arrow flew like the wind. Shouts of, “No arrows!” were heard from soldiers from both the top of the city walls and down below. Both sides saw the terrifyingly good skills of Guo Jing and were in awe; they all hoped that he would make it. The Mongolians were the enemy but had much respect for great heroes and great men, they were all furious when they saw someone had fired an arrow at Guo Jing.

cloud ascending ladder in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NzX4mZDRRE

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Guo Jing was slightly alarmed when he felt the rope part; though he won’t be injured by the fall, he would be surrounded by thousands and thousands of soldiers. How could he fight his way out of that? The Mongol army is right next to the city gate now; if my side opens it to let me in, the Mongols would definitely take the opportunity to push through. There was no time to think in this danger; his left foot flicked up against the wall and he flew up over ten feet. His right foot followed and he rose up another ten feet. Very few people were proficient in this “Stairs to Heaven” technique. Even those who were well versed in it could only manage two or three feet per step; but on this slippery wall, each step of Guo Jing’s took him over ten feet. Guo Jing’s martial arts were frighteningly good. Silence broke out on the battlefield as everyone fixed their eyes on him.

Jinlun Fawang was slightly startled when he saw this. However, he knew that when one uses the “Stairs to Heaven”, they must make their leap in one breath. If Fawang could distract him and disturb his breathing then Guo Jing would not be able to make his third step, so Fawang raised his bow again and shot an arrow towards Guo Jing’s back.

The arrow flew like the wind. Shouts of, “No arrows!” were heard from soldiers from both the top of the city walls and down below. Both sides saw the terrifyingly good skills of Guo Jing and were in awe; they all hoped that he would make it. The Mongolians were the enemy but had much respect for great heroes and great men, they were all furious when they saw someone had fired an arrow at Guo Jing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Gotcha😛😛😛😛

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Guo Jing was slightly alarmed when he felt the rope part;
    But it was nothing as to how he felt when he heard the guitar part.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    But it was nothing as to how he felt when he heard the guitar part.
    Gwok Jing was astonished by the power and skill behind the sound of the guitar, "Ah...this foreigner Jimmy Page...his skill on that instrument is as exquisite as that of my father-in-law, the Lord of Peach Blossom Island's flute!"