Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mie Jue vs Xie Xun

Default Mie Jue vs Xie Xun

Hi I'm new here and I'm obsessed with Mie Jue ever since I saw her in Dragon Sabre and Heavenly Sword (2000 version) when I was a kid. Unfortunately, I did not pay full attention when my parents were watching so I only saw some parts and my favorite part was when Mie Jue died from the beautiful tower (don't know the name. Is it real?).

I've seen some of the newer DSHS series but I didn't like the Mie Jue in those as much. I've always associated Mie Jue with Mace Windu because both their names start with "M", they are both bald (I prefer the bald nun look over those groomed type in the newer series), they are both skilled swordsman (though I am not sure how skilled Mie Jue is), they are both extremists in their religions, both are badbutts, both go against the protagonist in some way, and they both died from great heights.

Because I don't have much knowledge on any of these wuxia novels/films, and there's not enough information just from searching about it on google if you can't read Chinese, can you fill me in on the power level and what abilities Mie Jue knows?

And, is Xie Xun that old man living alone on some island? What exactly does he have that makes him so great?

Who do you think can win in a fight? Xie Xun with his Dragon Sabre vs Mie Jue with her heavenly sword, assuming that both swords do not break on contact?

Mit Jeut See Tai's martial arts seemed to be at approximately the same level as a Ming Cult Guardian Lord's, of which Golden-Haired Lion King Tse Tsun was one of four. Mit Jeut fought Purple-Robed Dragon King (also known as Granny Golden Flower) and Green-Winged Bat King Wai 1 Siu, but the results of both fights were inconclusive.

Tse Tsun, specifically, brings to the fight his Lion's Roar skill and his 7 Seung Fists skill. This could be a good fight.

Xie Xun with DS is blind. Big disadvantage there. IIRC, he in this state was =~ Jinhua Popo, who was no match for Miejue with HS.

I'd give this one to The Nun of No Mercy.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Okay, suppose Xie Xun is not blind, then?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Xie Xun with DS is blind. Big disadvantage there. IIRC, he in this state was =~ Jinhua Popo, who was no match for Miejue with HS.

I'd give this one to The Nun of No Mercy.
    But dun forget Jinhua Popo lost because of the superior weapon, where as XX has the DS. I would give this to XX if he was not blind.
    TaZzY InC

Also, Mit Jeut See Tai would also definitely lose against Master Jedi Mace Windu. Even the Heaven Sword cannot withstand a lightsaber.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Taezh4ULlfw/SSj50en6J7I/AAAAAAAAAc0/ZUD0uLroK78/s1600/Mace+Windu+purple+Lightsaber.jpg')

There are a number of metals in the Star Wars canon that can withstand a lightsaber. Of course, I'm sure a hypothetical matchup between the two of them should stipulate that the heaven saber can stand up to a lightsaber.

LOL Ken Cheng, thanks for answering about Mace Windu lol.

But, what if Heavenly Sword did not break from lightsaber? And what if Mace Windu did not have force ability and Mie Jue does not have any of the Wuxia-magic abilities? Just swordskill vs swordskill?

Quote Originally Posted by MieJueXMaceWindu View Post
    LOL Ken Cheng, thanks for answering about Mace Windu lol.

But, what if Heavenly Sword did not break from lightsaber? And what if Mace Windu did not have force ability and Mie Jue does not have any of the Wuxia-magic abilities? Just swordskill vs swordskill?
    Well, if you take away all their special skills, abilities, and weapons, you essentially have a physically fit, middle-aged black man of average size fighting a physically fit, middle-aged Asian woman of average size. You can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Well, if you take away all their special skills, abilities, and weapons, you essentially have a physically fit, middle-aged black man of average size fighting a physically fit, middle-aged Asian woman of average size. You can go from there.
    I'd back Kara Hui to beat up Samuel Jackson anytime! He'd probably thrash the late Lei Heung Kam, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I'd back Kara Hui to beat up Samuel Jackson anytime! He'd probably thrash the late Lei Heung Kam, though.
    The good news is that she's not "late" yet, Ian. Hong Kong's beloved "Princess Evil" Kam retired from showbiz last year, but she's alive and kicking.

Oh, my bad - I must have gotten mixed up. I remember reading about her last year and feeling very sad. Really really sorry to Kam Cher... choi choi choi, gargle saliva and say again...

Yes I was going to say that Grandma Kam was still in TV series last year. I think of her as an older Asian version of Betty White.

How about Heaven Sword (that can withstand light-saber) and 9Yang/9Yin vs. Mace Windu?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Yes I was going to say that Grandma Kam was still in TV series last year. I think of her as an older Asian version of Betty White.

How about Heaven Sword (that can withstand light-saber) and 9Yang/9Yin vs. Mace Windu?
    If it's against Windu from EPISODES I - III, then it's a good fight that could go either way.

If it's against Windu from the CLONE WARS cartoons, then forget it: Windu pwns. That guy punched tanks into scrap with his bare fists!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Not that it's too important, but Miejue is noted to be extremely tall/large. She was a head taller than most men.

Jedi swordsmanship is horrible. They took the most roundabout way to attack and have no perception of their weapon range. Can't see it being hard if you take away their force powers

@BanhMi, maybe the jedis are cautious because they might hit themselves.

Then it would make even more sense to maximise your range and strike AT your opponent, instead of twirling it behind your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Then it would make even more sense to maximise your range and strike AT your opponent, instead of twirling it behind your back.
    Some lightsaber techniques are designed to ward off blaster fire, and that's where the twirly motions come from. It depends on the style favored by the Jedi or Sith in question.

Count Dooku had a very efficient style that featured very little twirling. Darth Vader (in armored form) also used minimal twirling.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    Jedi swordsmanship is horrible. They took the most roundabout way to attack and have no perception of their weapon range. Can't see it being hard if you take away their force powers
    If we're going by the depictions in most motion adaptations of wuxia, so too are their swordsmanship. A lot of spinning and jumping and random swinging that does very little except leave yourself open.

But honestly, Jedi/Sith are on another playing field from Wuxia characters. It's hard to see a proficient Jedi losing to any Wuxia character, tbh.