Thread: White Rainbow Palm - the ELOC of Xiaoyao Pai martial arts

Default White Rainbow Palm - the ELOC of Xiaoyao Pai martial arts

OK, while Beiming Shengong, Xiao Wuxiang Gong, Tianshan 6 Yang Zhang, and other Xiaoyao Pai MA are often discussed, the White Rainbow Palm used by Li Qiushui is hardly ever mentioned, that I've seen anyway.

The reason could be not much is known about it. Is that the case? It's been a while since I've read about it. Does anyone have it fresh in their mental repository? What exactly do we know about it?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Bai Hong Zhang was the art she used when fighting with TSTL in the Xixia Palace - good enough to match Tianshan Liuyang Zhang. Most people have an internal art and external art complementing their skills, so while TSTL had her Bahuang Liuhe Weiwoduzhuan Gong for internal and Tianshan Liuyang Zhang for external, Li Qiushui used Xiaowu Shanggong for internal and Bai Hong Zhang for external. I'm not sure if it was slightly inferior to TS6YZ, mainly because I'm not sure if Li Qiushui waited for TSTL to revert to a child before attacking because she wasn't confident she could beat the fully-grown TSTL, or whether she just didn't want to have to fight TSTL and the entire Vulture Palace at the same time. I'm not sure if Li Qiushui had access to any other kind of top-level arts (unlike TSTL who also had her Tianshan Jiemei Shou and of course, Sheng Sifu - although that was more of a subskill of TS6YZ), but Bai Hong Zhang is the only external art I remember her using.

Going off tangent now... I always wondered whether Tonglao's MAs that start with "Tianshan" (namely Tianshan Zhemei Shou and Tianshan 6 Yang Zhang), were her own creations or Xiaoyao Pai's. It seems like the Tianshan connection is something she started after she went her separate ways (though it's possible that Xiaoyao Pai was connected to Tianshan a priori). It also seems she knows A LOT more skills than Li and Wuyazi. Now, it could just be that Tonglao had a lot more screen time, so we got to know her repertoire more, and that Li and Wuyazi knew more than we were told.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i believe when SHG wanted to dissuade DCQ from pursuing his attack, he mentioned the other arts of ther sects that he had not learned. i believe those skills were written on the wall of tianshan palace but because he had practiced to many other arts, WC did not learn everything. TSTL had her injury and LQS had a child all interrupted them from learning everything. lus WCY was n his fifties when he had crippled by DCQ so he couldn't learn everything but focused on refined his art of northern darkness. XuZhu could only learn everything eause he had all XYP elders inner power.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I believe that when TSTL was teaching XZ, she mentioned and was proud that they were Xiao Yao Pai skills. Anyway, I don't think TSTL was her real name, rather, a moniker. Tianshan was probably from the fact that she knew all the Tianshan skills and Tong Lao because of her learning that skill that revert her to youth and the fact she was stuck in a child's body.

If I'm not wrong, TSTL was senior to LQS, as such, might just be a little better than LQS. Whatever the case, the two were likely to be very very close in terms of skills, and if they were to fight head-on, the likely outcome is one death and the other severely injured; as such, LQS didn't want to hunt TSTL unless TSTL was "recuperating".

The Vulture palace at Tianshan existed before TSTL. XZ noticed the stones were old and couldn't have been built by the current bunch of people living there.

Also, the XWXG instructions were written inside the secret cave. Since TSTL did not know XWXG, someone before her who knew XWXG must have carved it there.

So likely Tianshan was part of XYP's history.

BTW, at least for 2nd edition, that one sentence which talked about Bai Hong Zhang, it was not written like oooh she threw a Bai Hong Zhang. The phrased used was Bai Hong Zhang Li which kinda translates into Rainbow Palm Energy or Rainbow Palm Strength. Maybe it had an internal aspect too.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    The Vulture palace at Tianshan existed before TSTL. XZ noticed the stones were old and couldn't have been built by the current bunch of people living there.

Also, the XWXG instructions were written inside the secret cave. Since TSTL did not know XWXG, someone before her who knew XWXG must have carved it there.

So likely Tianshan was part of XYP's history.
    Good points. Makes sense.

One more thing. Given that when you uses XWXG to power another art (like JMZ or XZ), it is detectable to high level XYP practitioners that XWXG was the power behind. Given that TSTL noticed that it was Rainbow Palm 'strength/energy' which LQS displayed, was JY trying to emphasize that LQS was using specifically internal from Rainbow Palm?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Going off tangent now... I always wondered whether Tonglao's MAs that start with "Tianshan" (namely Tianshan Zhemei Shou and Tianshan 6 Yang Zhang), were her own creations or Xiaoyao Pai's. It seems like the Tianshan connection is something she started after she went her separate ways (though it's possible that Xiaoyao Pai was connected to Tianshan a priori). It also seems she knows A LOT more skills than Li and Wuyazi. Now, it could just be that Tonglao had a lot more screen time, so we got to know her repertoire more, and that Li and Wuyazi knew more than we were told.
    Hmm, lets list em:

TSTL :

Ba Hwang Liu He
    Tian Shan Liu Yang
    Tian Shan Zhe Mei
    Shen Si Fu

WYZ/LQS (they seemed to have cross trained, e.g. WYZ had XWXG from LQS)

Bei Ming
    Xiao Wu Xiang Gong
    Ling Bo Wei Bu
    Gui Xi Gong
    Bai Hong Zhang
    Soul Searching Skill
    Whatever sword skill they were practicing at the cave.

Doesn't seem that lopsided.

If you include all skills, then yes, it seems OK (although I suspect Turtle Breathing might be a generic skill, not Xiaoyao specific). But if we look at combat skills only, then Tonglao has more.