Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dongfang Bu Bai

Default Dongfang Bu Bai

Where would you rank Dongfang Bu Bai in comparison with other martial artist in the jinyong jiang hu universe? [back to class ill check l8er]{lunch is over}
    Last edited by Shi-Potian; 03-11-08 at 03:00 PM.

no responces after 40+ views is this a previous topic or nobody knows who Dongfang Bu Bai is?if its the latter he is the eunach in smiling proud wanderer not linghu chongs teacher but ren wo xings student

Well, I guess everyone of us here knows who the DFBB is.
    He's martial arts are discussed over and over again. So folks are lazy to write.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Ah! No one really knows EXACTLY how strong Dongfang Bubai is compared to ROCH Greats. We can only speculate and infer at best.

I personally think that he's at LEAST as strong as a ROCH Great. Why? He took on four of the strongest fighters in XAJH era and they still got defeated (I'm not done yet so I'm not really so sure). Obviously he is much stronger. He is also VERY fast so that means he has GREAT qinggong. So I conclude that he is at ROCH Great level or higher.

i think she is at the same level as Xiao Long Nu

I think he/she should be around early ROCH Great.

Quote Originally Posted by wacka View Post
    i think she is at the same level as Xiao Long Nu
    I think even he castrated but still a male anyway he didn't learn all the techniques b/c the original manual was destroy by Shoalin long ago but he still strongest in SPW.

dongfang bubai is arond the same level as the king of green bat wei yixiao. they both have top tier qing g0ng backed by insane speed. it was said that wei yixiao would take 20 more years to reach the qing gong mastery of xiao long nu, while in dongfang bubai's case, we know that he's not as fast as sxiao long nu yet because of the descriptions on who can see their moves. xiao long nu's moves were not visible to the eye whereas ren ying ying could see dongfa gbubai 's moves.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Which is a ridiculous claim (in that the comment is being extremely definitive when it's not) since how well you see your opponent is determined by how good you are. Otherwise we can claim that GJ in early ROCH was as fast as XLN because he too turned into just a blur.

Not to mention DFBB having some serious internal energy backing up the insane speed.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 03-12-08 at 07:22 PM.

guo jing is aboput 78% as fast as xiao longnu, butr guo jing has far more internal energy than her. in spw, we laern that the unorthodox and incomplete sunflower manuscript can't triumph over the flawless and complementary jkade maiden swordplay. xiao longnu doesn't have much internal energy in roch but when iot comes to spw fighters like ren woxing and xiang wentian have at most 13% of guo jing's internal, and dong baubai have about 2.i7 times more than them, so to say thqat xiao longnu = dong fanb bubai in terms of internal enegy is not a stretch.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

What the... have you been replaced by Kyss of the Sword? Where did you get the random numbers from? O_o

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

first off, i don't make up up random numbers but make approximations, i study business accounting, its part of what i do.

in terms of speed GJ may not be inferior to XLN. but lets review a few examples. XLN was as fast as qiu qiren(through she couldn't compare in stamina), rev yideng and yang guo were a level slower in lightskill. yideng should be the same level as the other greats. zhuo butong had quezhen and 9yin lightskill to rely on but was not superior to qiu qiren, he couldn't catch up with him during LOCH but was able to chase him for along while. JLFW had exceptional speed but his agility was not to par with XLN and Yg. YG was able to outrun him in the alleyways and XLN was able to avoid a powerful strike from him by twisting her waist and floating past. when XLN used jade maiden purity and quezhen combination with L/R technique, her hand movements were exceptionally fast because the two skills she used could combine, unlike zhuo butong or guo jing who used two different technique together. so GJ and ZBT had advantage in unleasing double the strikes then their opponents but XLN's execution could be faster and more lethel. GJ and ZBT attack was difficult to be countered but XLN's strike could not be countered at all.

XLN was superior to GJ in agility and quick hand movements because her schools skills strong point was in those(superior to quezhen lightskill). in leaping back and forth, running, they should be roughly equal. since L/R technique benefit is to double speed of hand movements, XLN should get more benefit from L/R technique then GJ.
    approxi. GJ hand speed:4 , XLN hand speed:5.
    with L/R technique, GJ hand speed:8, XLN handspeed:10.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    What the... have you been replaced by Kyss of the Sword? Where did you get the random numbers from? O_o
    The post by PJ doesn't look like a typical PJ post - so many spelling mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    dongfang bubai is arond the same level as the king of green bat wei yixiao. they both have top tier qing g0ng backed by insane speed. it was said that wei yixiao would take 20 more years to reach the qing gong mastery of xiao long nu, while in dongfang bubai's case, we know that he's not as fast as sxiao long nu yet because of the descriptions on who can see their moves. xiao long nu's moves were not visible to the eye whereas ren ying ying could see dongfa gbubai 's moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    guo jing is aboput 78% as fast as xiao longnu, butr guo jing has far more internal energy than her. in spw, we laern that the unorthodox and incomplete sunflower manuscript can't triumph over the flawless and complementary jkade maiden swordplay. xiao longnu doesn't have much internal energy in roch but when iot comes to spw fighters like ren woxing and xiang wentian have at most 13% of guo jing's internal, and dong baubai have about 2.i7 times more than them, so to say thqat xiao longnu = dong fanb bubai in terms of internal enegy is not a stretch.
    Sorry, this is seriously OT, but PJ: what the heck happened to your capitalization, spelling, and punctuation all of a sudden?!

The English teacher in me is screaming in horror!

Guesses:
    1. BACKSPACE-key and at least one (the more frequently used one) SHIFT-key is broken.
    2. Finger used to press the SHIFT-key (if not broken) is broken or otherwise incapacitated.
    3. Keyboard is not PJ's usual one; could be borrowed (hence, broken keys) or too small (hence, typos).
    4. Medicated, intoxicated ... or semi-frozen(?).
    5. The above in any two-item or three-item combination.
    6. All of the above.
    5. None of the above.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Its not PJ!!!
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Either his account has been hijacked or someone else has logged in on his account.

Obviously its PJ.

Taking the piss as usual.

On Chinese boards, s/he is the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    first off, i don't make up up random numbers but make approximations, i study business accounting, its part of what i do.
    You do make some pretty far fetched speculations that you try to pass off as fact, like how YG was reponsible for the DG9J in SPW. I gotta give you credit though for always sounding so confident.