View Poll Results: Which actresses protray XLN's character you WANT to be?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • The way Idy Chan (83) protrayed XLN

13 22.41%
  • The way Pan Ying Zi (84-Taiwan) protrayed XLN

0 0%
  • The way Carmen Lee (95) protrayed XLN

24 41.38%
  • The way Jacqueline Ng Sin Lin (98-Taiwan) protrayed XLN

1 1.72%
  • The way Fann Wong (98-Singapore) protrayed XLN

0 0%
  • The way Liu Yi Fei (06-China) protrayed XLN

20 34.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which actresses protray XLN's character you WANT to be?

Default Which actresses protray XLN's character you WANT to be?

What I mean is that after you all have watched all roch versions(hopefully) and analysis the role of each actresses protrayed. What XLN you want it to be?

Which actresses protray XLN's character you WANT to be?

1.) The way Idy Chan (83) protrayed XLN
    2.) The way Pan Ying Zi (84-Taiwan) protrayed XLN
    3.) The way Carmen Lee (95) protrayed XLN
    4.) The way Jacqueline Ng Sin Lin (98-Taiwan) protrayed XLN
    5.) The way Fann Wong (98-Singapore) protrayed XLN
    6.) The way Liu Yi Fei (06-China) protrayed XLN

What is your answer?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

too bad ive only seen Jaq and LYF so am in no position to vote in that poll. But my personal rating, between the two, i think LYF is better in portraying XLN
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-29-07 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Yong1
    What I mean is that after you all have watched all roch versions(hopefully) and analysis the role of each actresses protrayed. What XLN you want it to be?

What is your answer?
    Good question, very good question, but sadly, I think most LDG fans tend to be bias towards their own LDG actress. And those that are not fans, they would not even bother watching all the 6 series.

my honest opinion, Jacqueline black clothes as LDG is a no-no. So anyone but her. Everyone else, it really just matters what you prefer. I prefer Idy Chan. But I have not seen all of these series because i am not a big ROCH fan to begin with.

Jacqueline was the worst, personally.

Followed by Fann

Followed by LYF (not her acting, but the fact that her XLN was IMO too emotional, which i didn't like)

i've never seen Pan Ying Zi's version.

My pick has to be Idy (overall very good despite not being as beautiful IMO as Carman, who i also liked even though she was slightly stiff at times, but i liked the way she portrayed XLN, not overly emotional like Fann

i'd be tossing between the two.

What is your answer?
    Damn! What kind of question is that?? lol *just joking*

*oKay let get seriously*

Very good poll and question, Jin Yong1.

--Idy Chan: overall is great but sometimes she looks quite mean (if any of you had seen it you'll know what i'm talking about). Or she's trying to act cold/strong but it's just turns out looks mean(I guess she doesn't mean it).

--Pan Ying Zi: is it just me or she looks more like a princess than XLN to me. She looks pretty, but sometimes doesn't match for the role.

--Carmen Lee: honestly when speaking the word XLN I immediately thinking carmen's portrayal. I liked the way she portrayed XLN not too emotional and not too stiff. Hers xln is the closest to the novel. And she looks very beautiful.

--Jacqueline Ng: hers xln is quite emotional, just resembles Fann's. But she acts great.

--Fann Wong: same here, hers xln is also emotional, I don't see any 'coldness' in her at all. She crying/whining WAY TOO much.

--Liu Yi Fei: again another emotional xln, hers is similar to Fann's and Jacqueline's. All 3 are crying WAY TOO much and in additional LYF is laughing way too much. Hers xln is too mushy as hell.

What is your answer?
    Well my answer is:

So in the end my pick is Carmen's portrayal for the XLN character.
    Last edited by darknight123; 03-29-07 at 09:45 PM.

jac in black = no. lyf = walking/flying around acting pretty = no. so i vote carmen
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Default '06 vs '95 Comparison

Accidentally found another '06 vs '95 comparison video. Roch06 have so many spotlights to make the actors/actresses looked pretty. However in this video roch95 have spotlights this time. So both versions have light added equally. Take a look and analyze it for yourself. Which one is better or which one you would prefer?

'06 vs '95 Another Comparison Video
    Last edited by Jin Yong1; 04-14-07 at 05:53 AM.

actually, I just wached full '95 version, some eps of '06 version, and just 10 minutes for '84 version. I dont know why people think Idy acted verry great in XLN, but with me, she is so so, acted so so, the beauty was so so, too, not ugly, but beautiful. I like Carmen's XLN the best, its the first version I'd watched. I thinkk she acted good, and her beauty was very great. About LYF, I dont like her acting, I think she's pretty, not beautiful, and defenitely not the most beautiful girl, ever.
    And, ofcourse, I vote for Carmen.

Carmen all the way!!!!

XLN actually has a mean *****y streak. I feel that none of them, except maybe Idy Chan, brought out that meanness in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Yong1 View Post

What is your answer?

I vote for Carman Lee all the way!

Idy does not have that ´cold beauty´ that I consider XLN to have. Besides, she sometimes seems stupid...

Fann Wong is only average-looking so not pretty enough to be XLN. And too emotional...

Jacquelin Ng - a XLN in black?? No way! And she is not pretty at all.

Liu Yi Fei is very beautiful but more in a cute way. She appears more like a fairy...

Carman Lee is the best among those actresses. She does have that icy, calm look and a ´cold beauty´
    Actually I think Carman´s acting skills in general are (sometimes) so so but the role of XLN was made for her. She portrayed it with perfection....
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

I have only seen Idy Chan and Carmen Lee versions. Carmen Lee was quite good as SLN but I like Idy Chan portrayal better, so I voted for Idy.

Carmen all the way!!!!

Definitely Idy Chan. Carman's beautiful and does act closely to the novel however, majority of the time, I found her extremely boring to watch. But then again, XLN isn't a very interesting character to begin with (IMO)

i haven't seen every version of ROCH but i know for sure that Carmen is my fav XLN. she is exactly how i imgaine XLN wud be. she might be stiff but that is how XLN suppose to be. Heck, she's the reason why ROCH 1995 is my fav!

Jin Yong once said Carmen Lee was the most beautiful actress who played XLN, but that was before ROCH2006. Does anyone know whether he has made any comparison between Carmen and LYF's beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Jin Yong once said Carmen Lee was the most beautiful actress who played XLN, but that was before ROCH2006. Does anyone know whether he has made any comparison between Carmen and LYF's beauty?
    I havent come across any kind of that comparison BUT i think LYF as XLN seem a bit too emotional.

If I´m not mistaking Jin Yong once stated that LYF's beauty is exactly how he imagined his XLN to be. And CL's portrayel however was closest to the novel....
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

I've only seen the 1998 (a long time ago, so I don't remember any of it anyway), the 2006 version and part of the 1995 one, so I can't really vote in the poll.

1998 was horrible, so I'm not going into that. The one biggest problem I have with Carmen's XLN is the fact that she looks way too old. She looks old enough to be my mother, who's 48 next year. I mean, if you consider XLN's tomb training and anti-aging therapy, you'd think that you're looking at a 70-80 year old XLN, not one who's 20-30. Other than that, she was good. About LYF being too emotional, the 2006 version is following the 3rd edition, which does have a warmer XLN, aafter all. LYF does do it over the top a bit sometimes, though, but eh.

if this was based purely on looks, i would definitely say LYF. when she wasn't being too emotional (lol), i thought she looked perfect, so ethereal and beautiful