Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Master of Play 《心戰》

Default Master of Play 《心戰》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8887&d=1337187564')
    http://programme.tvb.com/drama/masterofplay/

Genre: Modern, Psychological thriller
    30 episodes
    Producer: Jonathan Chik
    Script: Chow Yuk Ming
    Cast: Adam Cheng, Moses Chan, Maggie Shiu, Aimee Chan, Rachel Kan, Kenny Wong, Steven Ho, Glen Lee, Dai Yiu Ming, Rebecca Chan, Helen Ma, Stanley Cheung, Matt Yeung, Yu Yeung

Through their personal lives and careers, a longstanding stage actor and a depressed magician perfectly embody the good and evil to be found in mankind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sehseh; 05-20-12 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Update details

I saw Matt Yeung in the character profiles page. I'm happy that he's getting big roles again. Hope it will be a good role for him.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Sorry for the incomplete details

Yeah, Jonathan Chik like using Matt in his series, hope Matt will treasure the opportunities given to him. Stanley is also in this series.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Read spoiler abt Rachel Kan, Kenny Wong, Steven Ho, Glen Lee role in the series, no wonder they are dressed strangely.They are actually the split persona of Moses, so if audiences skip the first two episode, they will be very confused later in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post

Yeah, Jonathan Chik like using Matt in his series, hope Matt will treasure the opportunities given to him. Stanley is also in this series.

Read spoiler abt Rachel Kan, Kenny Wong, Steven Ho, Glen Lee role in the series, no wonder they are dressed strangely.They are actually the split persona of Moses, so if audiences skip the first two episode, they will be very confused later in the series.
    Wow, that is one big spoiler. But, never mind, the spoiler will be revealed in the first 2 episodes I guess. Interesting concept.

I like Glen Lee after watching 'Be Home For Dinner'. This actor's skin is so fair like a Caucasian. I wonder if he's mix.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-17-12 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post

Don't like this moustache on Kenny.

I look forward to this series next week. Another departur from the normal cliched plots. And Adam is back too!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Sounds like it's going to be a great series. This should be a new and refreshing series. I have high expectations for this.

Great opening. Shocking and scary. That is one crazy guy. I pity the people he killed.
    They are all good people I believe. If not, the crazy guy won't have chosen them. It's sad that their act of kindness bring them to such a painful and cruel end.

I want to start watching so badly but must control myself and let some more episodes become available!

I hope someone will take all the interval sand drawing scenes and make it into one clip. Those sand drawings are really interesting.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-22-12 at 10:38 PM.

'Master of Play' premiere may trigger 'Adam Cheng Effect' predicted 300 point drop in stock market

Adam Cheng's new TVB series Master of Play will premiere tonight (Monday). Fans are not only on a careful lookout for Adam's comeback, but investors are also on a close lookout for another 'Adams Effect' (aka Ting Hai Effect) to attack Hong Kong. Early May, when the series first started promoting, a drop had already been seen in HK's Heng Seng. On May 16th (Wednesday), Adam appeared for the series' first promotional event, and it was reported Heng Seng's stocks had a 634 point drop from 19,259 to 18,951 points.

Starting from 1992 when Adam's series The Greed of Man came out, the stock market had huge drops and since then whenever an Adam series released, the stocks would just keep dropping. The phenomenon became known as the 'Adams Effect', which had not stop for 20 years.

Tonight, TVB will be airing new series Master of Play starring Adam, Moses Chan, Maggie Siu and Aimee Chan, produced by Jonathan Chik and edited by Chow Yuk Ming. When Master of Play started promoting early May, Heng Seng bank already had huge drops in the stock market, which leaves it difficult for investors to not believe in the 'Adams Effect'. Yesterday at the promotional event, Adam said: "The stocks won't be going back up that fast, but actually should continue to drop. In fact, it shouldn't be the natioanl financial crisis, back then during the 'Adams Effect', there was war and foreign factors and that's why the stocks dropped so severely. In principle, it is buy low and sell high. My wife pays attention to the stocks too, I remember back during the financial crisis, she bought Standard Chartered bank and got a few meals." When asked if Adam personally believes the 'Adams Effect' will kick in again this time? Adam helplessly said: "The stocks are dropping like this, it's hard for people to not believe it, but I'm afraid to jinx it!" Although Adam is afraid to say something wrong, he still predicted that the Heng Seng stocks will drop 300 points!
    http://www.grooveasia.com/news/35550...n-stock-market

Anyone know what does the sand painting in episode 1 shows? Who is that guy with wings? What is he doing?

Reference: http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2012/0...ainting-1.html

Is that person the angel Sinister who is banished from Heaven? That's why there's a cell in front of him?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-23-12 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Anyone know what does the sand painting in episode 1 shows? Who is that guy with wings? What is he doing?

Reference: http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2012/0...ainting-1.html

Is that person the angel Sinister who is banished from Heaven? That's why there's a cell in front of him?
    I think it's Sinister, who is banished to Earth for eternal suffering.

In episode 2 sand painting.... the angel is missing his left wing (referral to Sinister again?)

p.s. Check out my FB for the sand painting, I'm re-uploading them

Tsui Wing scares me after ep 1. Freaked me up even when I was watching "Come Home Love".

The sand paintings are so cool! I also love the narration as the paintings are formed. I think the story is more confusing than "When Heaven Burns", but the presence of Adam Cheng, the darkness in the plot and quality of production makes me hooked onto this series.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Tsui Wing performance is superb. Best performance I've seen in such a long time. He needs more quality roles. He can deliver if given the chance. I also love Moses and Adam role in this series. Both of them fit their role very well.

The series itself is awesome. As of right now I think it's a must watch series. I'm very interested in seeing how the story progress.

So far Episode #1 was very good (if I had to make direct comparison to first episode of When Heaven Burns, WHB is still much more iconic with Charmaine's hunt for her wedding ring and solo walk through the mountains). Tsui Wing gave me the chills when
    he gave Maggie's arm back to her. I read about the whole scene but it still made me shudder.

I should know better by now, but here are my rules to watching a Chik series:

1) If modern series much better off watching at night or in darkness
    2) Never skip any scenes by forwarding
    3) Don't multitask because full minutes can go by without dialogue but lots of small sequences
    4) Don't watch with a talkative person

I wanted to wait for more episodes to air but I can't help myself and keep stumbling into spoilers. Going to have mini marathon and watch ep #2 - 4 tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    3) Don't multitask because full minutes can go by without dialogue but lots of small sequences
    I have a housemate who keep playing her facebook while watching WHB. Her eyes were of course on her notebook instead of the TV. Don't know how she watch WHB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I should know better by now, but here are my rules to watching a Chik series:

1) If modern series much better off watching at night or in darkness
    2) Never skip any scenes by forwarding
    4) Don't watch with a talkative person
    Part 4 = Annoying. Sometimes I wished I go 'Ivan' on people who can't stop pointing out errors, nitpicking while watching series or movies

I couldn't watch episode 4 last night. Did they reveal why Ivan (Moses) is keeping his uncle handphone?

The flower in the sand drawing in episode 3 looks like a man-eating plant. Got teeth.

Did anyone think that the timid waiter (Dai Yiu Ming)

Is also a manifestation of Ivan (Moses) character. His conscience and fear?