Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: 三生三世十里桃花 (Three lives, three worlds, 10 acres of cherry blossoms) movie

  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hi to everyone , i m a newbie here. I have few questions to ask, hopefully there are some kind ppl to answer my doubt.
    I actually finished reading the translations by hamster428@livejournal but then wanna to understand more about the novel, i decided to try to listen to the audiobook. My question is it is the audiobook follow closely to the novel? As in translate words by words? Or they made it more like a scripts? Also, the audiobook it is official made or fan made? I have listened to part1, everything is perfect just that Yehua's voice is abit girly... lol. Also, any recommend for other good novels? I have finished damoyao and BBJX.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onekeyz View Post
    Hi to everyone , i m a newbie here. I have few questions to ask, hopefully there are some kind ppl to answer my doubt.
    I actually finished reading the translations by hamster428@livejournal but then wanna to understand more about the novel, i decided to try to listen to the audiobook. My question is it is the audiobook follow closely to the novel? As in translate words by words? Or they made it more like a scripts? Also, the audiobook it is official made or fan made? I have listened to part1, everything is perfect just that Yehua's voice is abit girly... lol. Also, any recommend for other good novels? I have finished damoyao and BBJX.
    Thanks in advance.
    I think the audio book translates words by words of the novel except the bonus chapter which i think isn't in the audio book or the novel but only available online. If you like this author, you must read Hua Xu Yin (华胥引). This story tells the story about a girl who has the chance to live a 2nd time through the help of a magical pearl. That holder of the pearl is able to enter into people's dreams and has the ability to weave dreams (fantasies) for the person whose dreams they have entered. If you like story of this genre then 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 is for you.It is a fantasy story about a flower goddess and the two Sons of the Heavenly King. If you like Tong Hua's book then go for Once Promised. I read them recently except Once Promised. I like Hua Xu Yin best then followed by 香蜜沉沉烬如霜. I personally feel Hua Xu Yin is a much better book than 3L3W10APB, more heartfelt & touching. Prepare some tissues & enjoy all these good novels

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default hey hey

    Quote Originally Posted by muffy View Post
    I think the audio book translates words by words of the novel except the bonus chapter which i think isn't in the audio book or the novel but only available online. If you like this author, you must read Hua Xu Yin (华胥引). This story tells the story about a girl who has the chance to live a 2nd time through the help of a magical pearl. That holder of the pearl is able to enter into people's dreams and has the ability to weave dreams (fantasies) for the person whose dreams they have entered. If you like story of this genre then 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 is for you.It is a fantasy story about a flower goddess and the two Sons of the Heavenly King. If you like Tong Hua's book then go for Once Promised. I read them recently except Once Promised. I like Hua Xu Yin best then followed by 香蜜沉沉烬如霜. I personally feel Hua Xu Yin is a much better book than 3L3W10APB, more heartfelt & touching. Prepare some tissues & enjoy all these good novels
    Hey, thanks for you reply. I didn't know that TLTW got a bonus chapters! Can you share what the stories inside the bonus chapters?? The Hua Xu Yin sounds interesting, does it has audiobooks? I can't really read any chinese words.... thus I can only relying on translation and audiobook. Btw, thanks ya!

  4. #64
    Senior Member xia0yuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muffy View Post
    I think the audio book translates words by words of the novel except the bonus chapter which i think isn't in the audio book or the novel but only available online. If you like this author, you must read Hua Xu Yin (华胥引). This story tells the story about a girl who has the chance to live a 2nd time through the help of a magical pearl. That holder of the pearl is able to enter into people's dreams and has the ability to weave dreams (fantasies) for the person whose dreams they have entered. If you like story of this genre then 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 is for you.It is a fantasy story about a flower goddess and the two Sons of the Heavenly King. If you like Tong Hua's book then go for Once Promised. I read them recently except Once Promised. I like Hua Xu Yin best then followed by 香蜜沉沉烬如霜. I personally feel Hua Xu Yin is a much better book than 3L3W10APB, more heartfelt & touching. Prepare some tissues & enjoy all these good novels
    Wow, thanks for the recommendations. I started reading Xiang Mi Chen Chen Jin Ru Shuang (I translated it Heavy Sweetness, Ash-like Frost. Is there a better title out there?) a couple of days ago and I'm completely hooked. I wrote a brief summary and translated part of the first chapter, which can be found here: http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/post/2734...tness-ash-like

    Hua Yu Xin is definitely next on my to-read list.

    Quote Originally Posted by onekeyz View Post
    The Hua Xu Yin sounds interesting, does it has audiobooks? I can't really read any chinese words.... thus I can only relying on translation and audiobook. Btw, thanks ya!
    I did find an audiobook for Hua Yu Xin: http://www.cxt8.com/static/chapter_2663/
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onekeyz View Post
    Hey, thanks for you reply. I didn't know that TLTW got a bonus chapters! Can you share what the stories inside the bonus chapters?? The Hua Xu Yin sounds interesting, does it has audiobooks? I can't really read any chinese words.... thus I can only relying on translation and audiobook. Btw, thanks ya!
    You can find part of the bonus chapters on hamster's live journal. I also cannot read chinese & rely on audio books.the website given by xiaoyuer has plenty of good audio books & her blog has very good Chinese books intro & scene translations. I Copy & paste the chinese title of the books to google search then use google translation to understand the links to find more info on the books.

    Btw hsy is very sad so don't listen to it if u don't like sad book. I m peanutsfan in xiaoyuer website. Come & join us on Chinese novels discussions.

  6. #66
    Senior Member H.Ge-C.Liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,678

    Default

    Current rumours say that Eva Huang is acting as Bai Qian (she's not the most popular candidate though). Most fans (majority are GeFei shippers) there say that if TR announces Eva to be BQ, they will stop following the movie.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

  7. #67
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    Current rumours say that Eva Huang is acting as Bai Qian (she's not the most popular candidate though). Most fans (majority are GeFei shippers) there say that if TR announces Eva to be BQ, they will stop following the movie.
    oh really? hmm...she never even occurred to me! i guess i wouldn't mind THAT much, but idk about her acting abilities

    edit: i just found this MV someone made w/ eva huang as bai qian, and it's not half bad! although as much as love dou zhi kong (the guy she starred in sword stained with crimson blood/bi xue jian with) i don't think he fits the ye hua role that well. but i wouldn't actually mind eva huang...
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 07-27-12 at 09:51 AM.


  8. #68
    Senior Member H.Ge-C.Liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,678

    Default

    So it turns out HG's not in TLTW after all??!! My Ye Hua! I wouldn't be as devastated if HG had more projects coming out.


    Q: Are you going to be in TLTW?
    HG: Don't think so.

    --------------
    Combos:
    Ye Hua --- Bai Qian
    JJF --- ?
    LGX ---?
    ? --- LSS (LSS said she wouldn't be in TLTW, but nothing is impossible with TR)
    ? --- GXT
    ? --- GLNZ...
    Two people that aren't from TR is also possible.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 08-02-12 at 10:18 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    CandyLand
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    This is sad news, my YH/HG so sad.... do HG have any project after DMY n after the nano movies? any news...

  10. #70
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    wait what? NOOOOOO. TR has no one else who could carry the role! i hope they cast an outside actor then, since i would literally FLIP if JJF does it. although i guess he wouldn't have the fan power to carry a movie anyway. at this point, i'm beginning to doubt if this is happening at all. maybe he said probably not cause it's just not happening?


  11. #71
    Senior Member NuDaFu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    598

    Default

    I haven't read this story yet, but based on Tang Qi Gongzi's other series Hua Xu Yin, I look forward to it. I'm entirely addicted to Hua Xu Yin. TQGZ is an amazing writer.

    Unfortunately, it sounds like SARFT has got it's claws into the pre-production of HXY the series .

    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz
    Someone kind enough to provide me with a Mandarin audio book link?

    Squinting at blocky Chinese characters make my eyes hurt and never again after BBJX. Plus evil Kindle dropped characters when I tried to convert DMY.
    I read it from,

    http://book.kanunu.org/files/writer/1862.html

    but only because I'm buying the actual books themselves. I just have to find a version with traditional characters. There's an option with iPhone 4S 'reader' in the address field that makes reading compatible on the screen. So no need for squinting. If E-ink is a must for eyes, can't help there. I still don't know if I can download Chinese characters on my Sony E-reader. Haven't succumbed to Kindle yet

  12. #72
    Member chancy426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    dramaland
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Total disappointment finding out that Hu Ge is not going to be Ye Hua. Can't imagine anyone else yet, especially since I read it after knowing he was going to play the character and then when I read it I also think he really fits. I like Wallace, and I can imagine him as Mo Yuan who is more serious, still working to imagine him as Ye Hua.


    Has anyone read the sequel to 3L3W10PB about Dong Hua and Feng Jiu?

    Quote Originally Posted by onekeyz View Post
    Hi to everyone , i m a newbie here. I have few questions to ask, hopefully there are some kind ppl to answer my doubt.
    I actually finished reading the translations by hamster428@livejournal but then wanna to understand more about the novel, i decided to try to listen to the audiobook. My question is it is the audiobook follow closely to the novel? As in translate words by words? Or they made it more like a scripts? Also, the audiobook it is official made or fan made? I have listened to part1, everything is perfect just that Yehua's voice is abit girly... lol. Also, any recommend for other good novels? I have finished damoyao and BBJX.
    Thanks in advance.
    I tried the audiobook book twice. The first time I stopped because I didn't like Su Su/Bai Qian's voice, the second time I was stumped by Yehua's voice. Next, I went over to a Voice Drama and was stumped a 3rd time because it wasn't completed.

    There's 2 types of Audiobooks, one kind is the normal audiobook where they read word by word, the other kind is condensed where they write a script for it and only read dialogues and leave out all the descriptions and in between, using sounds to push it along. Voice dramas are usually better voice quality than the typical audiobook, and makes me feel like a blind person watching a drama, but they almost never get completed.
    Talk Novels @ 书声Bar / Reading 重紫 and 且试天下 / Translating 六花禁爱

  13. #73

    Default

    Am in the process of reading this novel..did not know that it will be make into a movie..

    That's interesting..

  14. #74
    Member Ransi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    I tried the audiobook book twice. The first time I stopped because I didn't like Su Su/Bai Qian's voice, the second time I was stumped by Yehua's voice. Next, I went over to a Voice Drama and was stumped a 3rd time because it wasn't completed.
    Same. I downloaded the audiobook on my phone but found it to be unbearable. The narrator doesn't quite capture Bai Qian's masculine, carefree speech pattern. Her Bai Qian and Ye Hua both sound overly girlish and melodramatic. The 10音社 audio drama version however is superb. Petboy's rendition of Ye Hua, though perhaps not as memorable as his portrayal of Qin Zhi Yan, is nonetheless beautiful. Love his voice!

    I just hope that whomever they cast as Bai Qian in the movie will be able to pull off Bai Qian's androgynous personality. I think I would be devastated if they changed her speech pattern into something girlier sounding as the humorous and somewhat manly way she spoke/thought was the predominant reason why she's one of my favorite female protagonists.
    Last edited by Ransi; 04-11-13 at 03:48 PM.

  15. #75
    Member bakaPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Has there been any recent news?

Similar Threads

  1. Flowers of War (金陵十三钗)
    By xiaolong in forum Movies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-11, 06:19 AM
  2. Relic Of An Emissary 《 洪武三十二》
    By galvatron in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 07-25-11, 11:20 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-04-11, 10:20 AM
  4. Momo Love - 桃花小妹
    By noisteru in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-11-10, 08:23 PM
  5. Triangle 鐵三角
    By yuenwooping in forum Movies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-07, 07:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •