Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 三生三世十里桃花 (Three lives, three worlds, 10 acres of cherry blossoms) movie

Lol. Hu Ge would need to gain a lot of meat and some muscle. *swoon I couldn't even stand CP1. I used to think that LYF was good(I watched ROCH first) then I watched CP1 and realized how much of her acting sucks. She always plays the same type role and doesn't improve her acting. Heck, even Forbidden Kingdom was a pain to watch. LYF really is overrated. smh *sigh I still want my GeShi OTP. :/

Speaking of the book, I don't know where you can find the audio version but there is an english version on Hamster428 livejournal's blog.

SERIOUSLY?! argh.. but i think i see why they would do that.. cos its a movie.. with less time.. they probably had to make everything more obvious to get the message across in wad.. 2 hours? it cuts out the sadness of susu's story.. but plays up su-(wad? cant remember the concubine's name... ) as a malicious character i guess

I hope the CGI for this is good, I watched a bit of "painted mural" and the cgi is good.
    H.Ge-C.Liu can you spoil me What happen to SuSu?

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Someone kind enough to provide me with a Mandarin audio book link?

Squinting at blocky Chinese characters make my eyes hurt and never again after BBJX. Plus evil Kindle dropped characters when I tried to convert DMY.
    You can find the audiobook here: http://www.cxt8.com/static/chapter_1524/

I just started reading the book this morning and now I know why this book had so many recommendations. Ye Hua is such an awesome male lead, he kind of reminds me of Ling Ge'ge from YZG. Don't lynch me for saying this, but I can't see Hu Ge as Ye Hua, I could see Yuan Hong as Ye Hua but he doesn't fit my ideal vision either.

As for Bai Qian, my vote goes for Yang Mi, especially since Bai Qian is a fox deity. I don't think LYF could pull off the clever and humorous personality of foxy Bai Qian.

Whaaaaa! I hope TR starts making this movie soon!
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    SERIOUSLY?! argh.. but i think i see why they would do that.. cos its a movie.. with less time.. they probably had to make everything more obvious to get the message across in wad.. 2 hours? it cuts out the sadness of susu's story.. but plays up su-(wad? cant remember the concubine's name... ) as a malicious character i guess
    The concubine's name (formerly Ye Hua's servant) Su Jin/素锦.

@C-luv-H: Susu jumps off Zhu Xian Platform after her eyes are taken by Ye Hua. Susu was just a person Bai Qian turned into because every deity has to go through a calamity (劫). When Bai Qian awakes from her 200 year slumber (when she was Susu), her eyesight turns poor. Have you read the book yet? I'd rather not spoil anything major.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

moving this over from the HG thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy Lin View Post
    [MV Fanmade] 三生三世十里桃花

Hu Ge as Bai Qian
    Huang Xiao Ming as Ye Hua
    Yuan Hong as Li Jing

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg582/CloudyLin15/tsttfm.png')

Yes! I would love it if HXM was Ye Hua!
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

横店影视城娱乐频道:三生三世的二次惊心动魄十年之约,发现你们也欠好多了。。。(有几个看懂 内涵[偷笑])

------------------------
    @蔡艺侬新 :辗转反侧,思考最近的事情,还有身边朋友们所遇到的种种不如意。人生总有起伏,如有不顺,只是过度时期, 总会过去,接着就会好起来!十年后回首,发现一切都是收获!嗯!加油

^^Hengdian reforwarded Karen's weibo: "The soul stirring ten year agreement that will last through three lives and three worlds...I've found that you[TR] have owed a lot...(how many of you can see another meaning through this?)"**

**Xiao Yao and Ling'er had an agreement, to meet in 10 years, and Hengdian's using this to hint at GeFei. The GeFei shippers now are just like the GeShi shippers when the first hint that GeShi would be the OTP for DMY came out.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 05-30-12 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post

------------------------
    @蔡艺侬新 :辗转反侧,思考最近的事情,还有身边朋友们所遇到的种种不如意。人生总有起伏,如有不顺,只是过度时期, 总会过去,接着就会好起来!十年后回首,发现一切都是收获!嗯!加油

^^Hengdian reforwarded Karen's weibo: "The soul stirring ten year agreement that will last through three lives and three worlds...I've found that you[TR] have owed a lot...(how many of you can see another meaning through this?)"**

**Xiao Yao and Ling'er had an agreement, to meet in 10 years, and Hengdian's using this to hint at GeFei. The GeFei shippers now are just like the GeShi shippers when the first hint that GeShi would be the OTP for DMY came out.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS GEFEI.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY GESHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIII

hmmm if thats true then lets hope LYF can do a good BQ, I admit I looovve Xiao Yao and linger but LYF cant act thats probably why I dislike her in a way but yay for linger and xiao yao reunion if true....but Im still hoping for this to be false. I want Ady to play BQ..... and this time im not changing my mind.... maybe

------------------------

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *facepalm Okay, if they decide to cast LYF, I swear, she better do an awesome job or else I'll start throwing bricks at her. (Okay, I won't really do that but still!) But NOO! I wanted my GeXuan or GeYan. Or better yet, GeShi! *sniff sniff and I was looking forward to this movie so much.

^^LOL guys, nothing has been confirmed. Only half the GeFei shippers are holding the hope that they'll meet in TLTW. Hopefully her acting is improving. I mean, comparing her actings skills from CP1 and White Vengeance, I didn't really see much difference (eye gazes, tone, etc.)

Lol. That's true but still. It's already rumored. >.< Well, rumors don't really mean anything in the Entertainment Industry so But I seriously hope they don't cast LYF unless she takes some acting classes and actually improves.

I thought LYF did a good job in CP1 as sweet innocent Linger then to the mature Linger but if she is really cast into TLTW as BQ she better step it up. She needs to get out of her comfortable zone and show her crazy side, I feel shes to afraid to embarass herself I think... everything has to be nice.....

but it would be nice for xiao yao and linger reunion....

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    I thought LYF did a good job in CP1 as sweet innocent Linger then to the mature Linger but if she is really cast into TLTW as BQ she better step it up. She needs to get out of her comfortable zone and show her crazy side, I feel shes to afraid to embarass herself I think... everything has to be nice.....

but it would be nice for xiao yao and linger reunion....
    LOL. Bai Qian's not really crazy or outgoing, and LYF doesn't need to be playful or cheeky in real life to act out the character well. I actually do think she is stepping out of her comfort zone, especially with her most recent character/s. I don't think any artist would mind having their usual image altered by a particular character, because the scripts and characters they choose all provide stepping stones for them to improve their skills (i.e. Hu Ge as Yuwen Tuo, compared to his previous completely heroic or carefree characters).

Back to TLTW, BQ is a very old fox deity, and the actress playing her has to be able to pull that off well. I still think it's LYF's baby fat/chubby cheeks that prevent me from imagining her as BQ.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 06-01-12 at 05:15 AM.

I just finished reading TLTW... wil at least I think I did, it was so sad at some parts and so sweet but Im like confused on some parts and I want to ask a bunch of questions but dont want to spoiled anybody who havent read the book.....

------------------------

I've learned my lesson well... I won't take Karen's words seriously unless LYF and HG confirm it themselves
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    I've learned my lesson well... I won't take Karen's words seriously unless LYF and HG confirm it themselves
    besides.. its just heng dian messing around again... oh and apparently poor karen has been sick the past week.. poor thing..
    Anyone on twitter? Follow TangRen_TangFen ! - New Fanbase for all Tang Ren Production/Artiste Fans

I ended up reading it because of the movie and cause it had so much raves. It was a bit too modern for my taste, but still highly addicting. I liked her Hua Xu Yin more, hopefully that gets made, it's so drama-like.

Back to TLTW, BQ is a very old fox deity, and the actress playing her has to be able to pull that off well. I still think it's LYF's baby fat/chubby cheeks that prevent me from imagining her as BQ.
    Me too! I think LYF is perfect as the Su Su part of the story though. LYF did play a fox before in her movie with Louis Koo, but I never really saw Bai Qian as being foxy, she's so......dull as a fox. lol Especially since she's always putting that whole 10,000 year difference between her and Ye Hua, so they totally have to have the older woman younger guy vibe. LYF is great for a fantasy piece though, she's so timeless looking.

I do like that this will be a movie and not a drama though, my opinion of the book is that it's too chop-py.
    Last edited by chancy426; 06-05-12 at 01:19 AM.
    Talk Novels @ 书声Bar / Reading 重紫 and 且试天下 / Translating 六花禁爱

Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    I ended up reading it because of the movie and cause it had so much raves. It was a bit too modern for my taste, but still highly addicting. I liked her Hua Xu Yin more, hopefully that gets made, it's so drama-like.
    Hua Xu Yin is being made into a drama, but the name is changed, and the storyline sounds...different.

电视剧基本信息
      电视剧名称:绝爱之城
      题材:古代传奇
      报备机构:天津滨海国际影业有限公司
      集数:38集
      拍摄日期:2012年12月
      制作周期:6个月
    电视剧内容概要
    因一道天子令,九州天下硝烟四起。卫国城破之后,叶蓁不甘投降陈国,从城楼跃下殉国,不料被世外高人所救。 从此叶蓁改名君拂,游历江湖,用华胥引改写了许多人的命运,看尽人间的爱恨情仇。君拂在游历江湖时遇到慕言 公子,与他产生感情,也在这过程中恢复记忆和感知。而慕言的真实身份是辰国消身匿迹的世子苏誉,因不愿与同 父异母的弟弟苏榭争夺王位而自我放逐。但是命运终究将苏誉与君拂推上了天下争夺之战,最终,为了拯救君拂, 苏誉放弃了唾手可得的王位。两人的爱情成为千古绝唱。