Thread: Could most wulin martial artists handle a non-martial artist on PCP/bath salts?

Default Could most wulin martial artists handle a non-martial artist on PCP/bath salts?

PCP, also known as "Angel Dust," is an illegal substance whose abusers become savagely insane, temporarily gain superhuman strength (strong enough that often, a half dozen burly, fully-trained law enforcement people are unable to restrain them), and are impervious to pain. So-called "bath salts," which have similar effects (except supposedly even stronger) are now being cited in the recent case of the naked man who bit off another man's face in Miami, Florida before being shot dead by police.

Do you think most wulin martial artists could restrain someone on PCP without killing that person? I figure someone with Greats-level martial arts could do so easily, but what about people more at the Mo Brothers or Yeung Hong level?

They can just seal their pressure points.

Even if they didn't resort to that, Yang Kang at the time of LOCH was more or less equal to or even slightly superior to young Guo Jing when they fought. Guo Jing at the time was a big, strong, trained and skilled guy with enough inner strength to climb a steep mountain in minutes. Yang Kang should be far ahead of any person today I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Hopefully, that'll be sufficient. People on PCP/bath salts are *scary* in the strength/invulnerability to pain they demonstrate. Conventional non-lethal methods such as pepper spray and tasers often don't work against someone under the influence of these substances because they're impervious to pain.

I've never seen this in action, but sounds interesting.

I've never seen this in action, but sounds interesting.
    Info on PCP/Angel Dust and its dangerous effects.

The experiences of one man who, until recently, had been addicted to bath salts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Info on PCP/Angel Dust and its dangerous effects.

The experiences of one man who, until recently, had been addicted to bath salts.
    A lot of this stuff doesn't sound too different from the various poisons in wuxia. Sounds like Ouyang Feng might have incorporated some of this in his poison.

A lot of this stuff doesn't sound too different from the various poisons in wuxia. Sounds like Ouyang Feng might have incorporated some of this in his poison.
    Some of the descriptions of the insane behavior are pretty similar (when I first read reports about the guy who bit the other guy's face off in Miami, I pictured Yeung Hong moments before his death), but I don't know if anybody exposed to Au Yeung Fung's poisons ever developed short-term superhuman strength and invulnerability to pain.

Brute strength and aggressiveness doesn't stand very well against proper unarmed combat training. Law Enforcement in general doesn't have the best in that regard.
    How does someone like that fight against a wuxia character with qinggong. Flying circles around them. YK could easily just break a few bones with his bone claws.

In JY wuxia, some ppl who really want to break free of pressure points have been able to do so. JY simply describe their acts as "not knowing where they got the strength, but they could magically do it".

These druggies sound like candidates.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Reminds me of the evil warriors in TVB's Face to Fate. The good guys still managed to win 2 out of 4 of the fights against the drugged brutes, though - depends on how prepared you are, and your skill. If you knew your limitations and that of your opponent you'd probably win. If you just attacked thinking that they were like normal people you'd probably get ripped apart.

Depends on whether they want to restrain or kill the target. Restraining is much more difficult than outright killing after all.

Even someone at YH's level could punch five fingers through the skill, instantly killing the person. The strength and pain threshold of the victim simply won't come into play.