Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Witness Insecurity( 護花危情)

YES SS! finally someone agree with me that linda is hawt
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    YES SS! finally someone agree with me that linda is hawt
    That I did not say. I only say her character is likable, but nothing about her being hot.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

The plot was bad and boring from episode 15 onwards for the final week especially episode 15 and 16 where Bosco only get few minutes of appearances. The script didn't allocate chance or scenes to develop Bosco's love for Linda too since the final week turned the series into a crime detection genre and the serie got worse when the script forgot to develop Bosco and Linda's story and instead focus too much on the crime by Paul and Ram cheung. At this point I don't know what Lau Ka Ho wanted to do. I love episode 4-13 the most where the series allow Bosco and Linda to interact.

I was only watching because of Bosco and Linda so I got frustrated by the change of theme. The ending was a bit too dramatic and painful but I love how this couple execute it.

My verdict

Story: The story that attracted me the most was Bosco and Linda but the script didn't allocate enough chances for Bosco's character to properly show his love to Linda and it made me frustrated because I know the couple can be sweeter. Besides this I also like the athmosphere among the WPU team.

There is a heavy focus on the crime storyline in the second half which didn't interest me since I love to watch Bosco and Linda's storyline more.

Acting: I don't have any complain for the acting in this series. I love Bosco and Linda more after watching.

Character: At first I thought Bosco's character will be boring because he's an all around good guy, but he turns out to be charming especially when he was protecting Linda, but I wish the script can add more romantic scene to show his character's love for Linda developing into deep love because the storyline didn't allocate space for this. He has more scene at work than with Linda and due to this we can see that Bosco is more affected by Ronald's character than Linda. Linda's character was written well and she's so likeable when she was getting to know Bosco. Bosco and Linda are charming with their roles.

For the supporting characters, Paul Chun and Ram have a lot of screentime and episode 15 -20 focus on their past crime which didn't please me much because this made Bosco and Linda's story went underdeveloped. Their fans will love these episodes. Paul's assistant has a good character in here. Cilla and Ronald Law are ok and I like Ronald's dimples. The others roles are smaller to get noticed.

Overall rating: 5/10. Bosco and Linda's love story can be written better. It's unfair for Bosco's character because the first half of the series focus on how Linda fell in love with Bosco but the second half focused on crime detection and didn't give much chance for Bosco's character to fell in love deeply with Linda. He keep rejecting her. I wish there were better development for the couple because I love their charm in this series.
    Last edited by goggle; 07-28-12 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    That I did not say. I only say her character is likable, but nothing about her being hot.

I have to agree with Goggle's review of the series. I think the series changed direction from the moment when Sapura appeared in the series. It was okay then it lost it's charm.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

just watched the ending, its kinda fake but i guess its not rushed or anything and it does bring the series to a good conclusion. if bosco lived, linda would hate him anyways for arresting her dad.

on another note, linda's dad didnt even kill the person, he'll get out of prison easy especialyl with all the top notch lawyers and money

OMG this series is really, really stupid. I mean really...is it really because the audience knows more than Hui Wai Sum? Even Leung said before he committed suicide that the kidnap-murder case of one of the wealthiest man in HK 33 years ago was famous in the news every day back then...BUT at the beginning of ep 20 while Sum was trying to figure out the connection between the Kiu brothers and Sapura, it just didn't connect with him for SOOO long, I was like hello it isn't rocket science. Did the smart Sum just become stupid? Wasn't he investigating Sapura or so about the case 33 years ago in the earlier episodes? What's with this forgetful or slow to figure out thing?

OMG! Total cop-out. What the heck was this ending? I think this show sank faster than the Titanic, when the Titantic hit the iceberg. What the hell was that? Why did Sum had to protect Kiu Kong Shan? There was so many ways he could've avoided dying that way and successfully getting him and Mr.Kiu out of the way. LAME. This has got to be one of the most lame endings TVB has served.

My Most Favourite Character: Hui wai Sum, Kiu Chi Lam and Kiu Kong Ho before he turn bad

Least Favourite Character: Kelly, Sapura

Dislike: The script especially when the series changed direction and dont know what theme its going to focus into

OMG! Total cop-out. What the heck was this ending? I think this show sank faster than the Titanic, when the Titantic hit the iceberg. What the hell was that? Why did Sum had to protect Kiu Kong Shan? There was so many ways he could've avoided dying that way and successfully getting him and Mr.Kiu out of the way. LAME. This has got to be one of the most lame endings TVB has served.
    sum is the typical tvb super goody good guy, so he does everything the goody good way. the criminals have to be arrested and put on trial, they cant die before that

The series did not do a good job developing the relationship between the characters protary by Bosco and Linda. I know love is blind and all the other saying, but why is Bosco so devoted to Linda that he feels the need to go see her with his last dying breath. Instead of spending the last couple of episodes slowly and painfully explaining what happened 33 years ago, they should have dive more into the bond between the leading male and female character.

Beside that, it is a decent series.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    sum is the typical tvb super goody good guy, so he does everything the goody good way. the criminals have to be arrested and put on trial, they cant die before that
    Sum is super goody goody guy so it matched his character . Goody goody guy can't just watch a senior citizen run over by a car without doing anything even when the one he's saving is a criminal. It's his automatic reflects.

I have to say I regret watching this series.

Goggle- It's Automatic reFLEX, not reflects.

watch tiger cubs, u wont regret for sure 100% gurantee

Hehe who doesn't make mistakes?

I don't regret. I had a fair share of my handsome and charming cop and I still feel it's not enough

I like Bosco and Linda performance in this series. They did a great job. The story went down hill when Bosco was promoted and no longer in WPU. It seem like a completely different story once that happen. I too love the chemistry between Bosco and Linda. I wish the develop the relationship between the two. The characters are great together. I don't know why they didn't capitalize that. It would have brought more viewers. The ending was decent. At that point I didn't really care how it ended.

click to show/hide spoilers
    One of my favorite parts in the second half is when Paul Chun character had people follow and attack Bosco. It was good to see a rich man with connections and money to go after one guy. They follow him and they were outside his apartment building. It was nice to see that. I was disappointed that Bosco was safe after he found a place to stay out. I was hoping they would at least storm the apartment when Bosco was about to solve crime.

Hi guys! I'm looking for the title and the singer of the song played at the end of this video (9min13):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNxjm47lYo

Please help me, I've been searching for hours... The movie is translated in vietnamese, the song is not the same as the chinese one.

I'm currently watching episode 1 and I think Linda acted very well. She portrayed her depression symptoms very well. Her character is supposed to have depression, right? Her nervousness, impatience, uneasiness around people, avoidance of the touch of people (except her dad and uncle whom I assume she's most close to) and her overall erratic behavior are symptoms of depression.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-06-12 at 06:23 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I love this drama!
    This the first TVB drama I watched fully since 2008 and I have to say Linda came a long way in acting. I felt she done a excellent job acting as a severly depressed woman. She and Bosco look great together. I hope to more of these two next year.