Ruco Chan
    Jimmy Aun Siu Wai
    Lee Kwok Lun
    Law Lok Lam
    Savio Tsang
    Deno Cheung
    Ram Chiang
    Ha Yu

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bestasianmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Three-Kingdoms-RPG-2-tvb-drama-2012-560x315.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6u055BFJh1rrgtogo2_500.jpg')
    Hello,have anyone watch this comedy ,is this story similar to Louis Koo A step into the Past?

I can't wait to watch this series!
    I like me.

When it comes to Three Kingdoms, I can get very critical about it. I know it's a comedy but the type of comedy here is bad. So far I've seen episode one from start to finish and skipped alot of parts in episodes 2. I really don't like it so far. I want to see how this end but I don't know if I will make it past five. It's just a terrible series so far.

The only similarity between this and A Step into the Past so far is the time travel. A Step into the Past is by far better than this series.

I like this series. I've watch until episode 3. So far, I find the series hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    The only similarity between this and A Step into the Past so far is the time travel.
    It's that supposed to be the case? The only reason people compare the 2 is because of the time travel. 3 Kingdom is not a remake of ASITP, so, why should it be similar beyond the time-travel aspect?

A Step into the Past is a high budget serious wuxia novel adaptation while 3 Kingdom is a low budget comedy.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-12-12 at 11:31 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I just watched this up to episode 2. I skipped lots of parts in 1 but watched most of 2 because he has traveled to the past.

So far, I like this series quite a bit. I can be a bit biased though since I love Kenneth. I find his comedic acting, in general, to be very natural. He just has that easy going air about him. I had a good laugh when he met Raymond's character and caught a sneak peek at Raymond's fiancee lol
    I like me.

Grand or not grand production, TVB do not invest in CGI.

Plus, during the filming of the series filming, TVB is experiencing labor strikes (extras & PA).

But I wished they could at least made some set more authentic >_<

It's okay. Definitely not breaking any new ground here. It is entertaining 40 minutes each night with some funny moments.

How can one not compare this to ASITP? THe formula is similiar, the plots are similar, but my goodness the acting is horrendously atrocious. Kenneth Ma can act way better than this...... Thus far, I'm terribly terribly disappointed

A Step into the Past was much better. 3K is nothing more than a comedy that happens to take place in the Three Kingdoms period. This has the true historical background: http://casualtvb.blogspot.ca/search/...ical%20Context

I thought this series was okay. Started off funny but then got more serious near the end. How do you guys feel about the ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I thought this series was okay. Started off funny but then got more serious near the end. How do you guys feel about the ending?
    It was a bad ending for me. It was funny at times but the modern and ancient concepts did not meld together that well. It was not very memorable for me and the sad ending was just sad. But nothing that made an impact on me. The characters were not that likeable.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I wish it had a better ending, like at least god of gamblers 3 mentions that Stephen Chow cannot bring Gong Li's character to his era but the audience knows she will be in good hands. Didn't like that Raymond's character didn't appear to be smart and relied on Kenneth and Kaki. Don't like that Ruco's Chow Yu was so jealous and don't listen to reasoning. Pierre was very good here. Got to see his character sort of develop.

Maybe the ending is for the audience to interpret as to treasure the people in front of you of you will regret it. I thought it was interesting that while Kenneth have aged so much. Tavia's character have not aged at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Maybe the ending is for the audience to interpret as to treasure the people in front of you of you will regret it. I thought it was interesting that while Kenneth have aged so much. Tavia's character have not aged at all.
    Well, maybe into Tavia's time, only one or two years have past before another many storm come.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩