Thread: The Seven Tigers of Ludong!

Default The Seven Tigers of Ludong!

Dongfong Bubai mentioned that he was severely injured and would have died to the Seven Tigers of Ludong while talking to his lifelong friend Tong Baixiong.

He mentioned his training wasn't complete yet, but exactly how incomplete was it? Even before he practiced the Sunflower Manual, he should have been superior to Xiang Wentian. Even an incomplete Sunflower Manual would make him a super fast and stronger Xiang Wentian, and ultra formidable in his own right.

If we place a post-but-not-yet complete Sunflower Manual DFBB against a Great, I'd say they are on similar power levels. That means these Seven Tigers of Ludong might be superior to the Quanzehn 7 Masters!

Of course all this means nothing since it's pure guesswork off little detail, and could easily mean he didn't even complete his previous martial arts yet, but it's still fun to speculate .

Always happy when new ELOCs surface

But to be honest, when I read that passage, I just assumed that was DFBB at like 18, 19 years old, way before he became a big shot in Riyue Shenjiao, and the referenced "incomplete training" was some random art he happened to be learning during his early career.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I was hoping you'd like the ELOC-ness of this topic!

Yeah, I kind of think that's probably the case too, but then he mentions the time when he first becomes the leader of the Sect, and still needed Tong for help, so there's a small possibility he wasn't as all powerful and all scheming as he later becomes to be. He probably didn't go around causing trouble traveling after he cut his buddy off, but maybe he suffered from some strange hormonal responses and went on a rampage before he got caught. His reputation as being an invincible fighter had to come from somewhere; not even Ren Woxing inspired as much fear as he did.

It does make me wonder whether DFBB made any public appearances in wulin after learning the Sunflower Manual , and why everybody in wulin unanimously accepts him as the best fighter in the world.
    Last edited by tape; 07-10-12 at 11:23 PM.

This is in the same category as XF saying as an adult he got MA pointers from one of the beggar elders.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    This is in the same category as XF saying as an adult he got MA pointers from one of the beggar elders.
    DFBB was obviously the best fighter in the novel by far though, and he may have been even before the Sunflower Manual; why else would everyone be afraid of him even before?

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Dongfong Bubai mentioned that he was severely injured and would have died to the Seven Tigers of Ludong while talking to his lifelong friend Tong Baixiong.
    I always assumed that this incident happened when DFBB was still relatively junior in the sect. Not during the later stages when DFBB was in upper management.

Oh, and he was also ambushed. So apparently not a fair straight up duel.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I never figured this one out. I can understand the elders teaching him new moves and martial arts, but giving him pointers? What else can they say except "Stop hitting me so hard!'
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!