Thread: Kung Fu Strike

Default Kung Fu Strike

This was just released on Steam maybe a day or two ago. It's a WuXia themed fighting game/brawler. I've been watching for it since I saw the announcement a couple of month back. It's also going to be released for XBLA at some stage.

I only played through the first stage last night and it seemed decent. The stages are like most fighting games (basically just a square area) but you can free run in all directions and jump. There doesn't seem to be any "up the walls" kind of ability though. The actual fighting seems fairly varied with basic attacks, dodge, chi moves (power attacks that go off a meter), counters and guard breaks. Focus seems to be on combos. The artistic direction is very appropriate to the genre with fights in temple courtyards, roof tops, etc. and enemies drop coins (with the square holes), ingots (yuan bao) and assorted food items. The money can be used to learn new moves or buy items. There's also what looks like multiplayer coop but I haven't tried it. It's also fairly cheap at $8.

I was going to play more but I picked up Skyrim and several others games cheap during the summer Steam sale, bought AC:Revelations two days ago to see what it looks like on a 3DTV(LM7600) and still haven't burned out my Tribes Ascend addiction (almost did when their double xp days ended -I had coincidentally boosted at the same time so I was raking in 10K-20k xp per day... compared to 2-3k xp per day)... but now they have twinfusors... and that changes everything.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by bradkevin View Post
    Awesome ..I like this.. I am not play this game, but watch to play this game on my friend home
    I still haven't beat this game. The Empress owns me every time. Bought the master levels expansions a few weeks back but haven't played it.

This game has local coop so you may want to try it out next time you're there provided that you have a controller in addition to the keyboard.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR