Thread: What happen to WYY in DGSD 3rd edition?

Default What happen to WYY in DGSD 3rd edition?

In DGSD 2nd edition DY end up with WYY only. But I heard that in the 3rd edition DY end up with 8 wives but not WYY. What happened to WYY then?

Other DY and WYY, any other characters whose fate/ending has changed?

IF DY DIOSEN'T GET WYY THEN THE LOVE STORY JHUST GETS DEMOTED BY 3 LEVELS.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Originally posted by - L1n -
    I know your favorite character is DY - that sucks lol, at least the crappy ZWJ get ZM - muahahahaa

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

can't imagine how DY can resign the throne and become monk like most previous Dali King have done before him with all those wife surround him - hahaha

i don';t think he became a monk lol

Originally posted by The Janitor
    I think she ended up with her cousin.
    But her cousin went crazy at the end of DGSD. So, he didn't go crazy in 3rd edition? Or did he still go crazy but WYY resigned her life to looking after the crazy MRF?

if thats the case then jy would have to rewrite ah bi's appearance if i could recall she was the one looking after him when he went crazy.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

This rumour/these rumours has/have yet to be confirmed, because the third edition of DGSD has not been published yet.
    All I know is that the third editions of A Deadly Secret, The Young Flying Fox, The Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain and Ode to Gallantry will be in the bookshops in about 2 weeks.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Athena,

Will you be buying the Ode to Gallantry new edition. I want to know whether JY change the ending or not. I hope he will confirm in no uncertain terms who SPT is (although it's pretty obvious who he is).

Originally posted by kidd
    Athena,

Will you be buying the Ode to Gallantry new edition. I want to know whether JY change the ending or not. I hope he will confirm in no uncertain terms who SPT is (although it's pretty obvious who he is).
    What do you mean who he was??? I thought he was the twin son of that couple.

On WYY, this is a way better ending. It was unfair that she had to "settle" for DY and even more unfair for DY, the idiot that he is. Since she left MRF because he chose power over her, and not that he doesn't have the luxury of t hat choice anymore, it is more fitting that she has to take care of him.

yes i also thought in xia ke xing, shi po tian is the son of that hei bai shuang zian couple, and his brother is shi zhong yu. but the ending was sad that shi po tian is still confused, i hope jy could change the ending and make every character there 100% sure about who shi po tian's parents are.

if wyy will not end up with duan yu, what would happy to wyy? would she go back to mrf? did he go crazy? or she woudl be just alone?

Originally posted by Demitre
    What do you mean who he was??? I thought he was the twin son of that couple.

On WYY, this is a way better ending. It was unfair that she had to "settle" for DY and even more unfair for DY, the idiot that he is. Since she left MRF because he chose power over her, and not that he doesn't have the luxury of t hat choice anymore, it is more fitting that she has to take care of him.
    Recall that scene in the book where WYY is about to commit suicide and jump down the well to die with DY and MRF does not even utter a single word to hold her back. I think at that point, WYY can already see the true nature of her cousin. So I don't think in her mind, she was settling when she finally accepts DY. As to DY, having WYY was probably the best thing ever to happen to him in his opinion.

Side note, I don't really appreciate Jin Yong changing the endings to his stories. I can understand if he made edits where illogical points, such as timeline errors, noted by readers were taken into account, but changing the fates or motivations of his characters is rather disappointing.
    -SC

I second what spcnet is saying--changing the ending or parts of the plot is ridiculous--JY should concentrate on the timeline error (he makes a lot of those) or illogical events that happen. If WYY doesn't end up with DY then would he be a monk? According to his personality, DY would probably resign the throne immediately and become a monk or continue following WYY til the day he dies.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Originally posted by spcnet
    Recall that scene in the book where WYY is about to commit suicide and jump down the well to die with DY and MRF does not even utter a single word to hold her back. I think at that point, WYY can already see the true nature of her cousin. So I don't think in her mind, she was settling when she finally accepts DY. As to DY, having WYY was probably the best thing ever to happen to him in his opinion.

Side note, I don't really appreciate Jin Yong changing the endings to his stories. I can understand if he made edits where illogical points, such as timeline errors, noted by readers were taken into account, but changing the fates or motivations of his characters is rather disappointing.
    Personally, I don't have a problem with an author deciding to change an ending if he is not satisfied with it. For some people who liked the old ending, I can see how this represents a quandry.

Well I can't really think of a point in the story that MRF really showed any affection at all towards WYY. I mean I think he acknowledged her existence as his travelling companion, and that was it. So I don't know if you can say WYY finally "got it" at that point. MRF is like the only man she ever known growing up. And it wasn't like she made a concious choice to be with DY, she was rather forced by the situation. It was him or nobody. She didn't discovered she loved DY most of all, she discovered that DY was the only one that loved her. So I think it's fair to say she was settling. I think it's more fitting of her character that seeing a helpless MRF, she would resign herself to take care of him. Since he's crazy, she can even pretend he loves her.

I know it's a sadder ending for DY, because he really wanted WYY, but hey, his sworn brother died, and he is still the King of Dali. Get a little perspective.

Well I can't really think of a point in the story that MRF really showed any affection at all towards WYY. I mean I think he acknowledged her existence as his travelling companion, and that was it.
    (I only remember this clearly because I'm re-reading the novels )

Again back to that scene before WYY jumps down the well and MRF has pushed DY down the well, MRF is angrily accusing her of being sad for DY and that she had claimed that his martial arts is not all that powerful (when he was disguised as the Sai Ha general). WYY apologizes to MRF and MRF finally relents and forgives her and thinks back to how they grew up together and they hug. Jin Yong points out that MRF was cold to WYY during the times they were travelling together after that because he still held a grudge against her for saying that about his skills. But when he does forgive her, MRF thinks to himself that he'd have no regrets if he marries such a gentle and beautiful wife.

MRF was obviously jealous and annoyed at DY's pining for WYY too all that time because during the battle at Shaolin, he was verbally challenging DY, again pointed out specifically by Jin Yong.

To make a case for WYY, who many have called an opportunist for changing her affections in a flash, I think it is fair to say (since JY himself notes this change in her heart) her love for MRF died when he doesn't even call her back when she is about to jump down the well. Then, to her it is a miracle that both she and DY are still alive. After such a life and death situation, in her heart, the roles of MRF and DY switched completely around and she had only eyes for DY thereafter.

If she held any more love for MRF, she could've gone back to him when he didn't get Sai Ha's princess' hand in marriage. Yet she didn't. When MRF falls down the well also, she doesn't step up to help him because she thought to herself that DY might think she still has feelings for MRF. Then when the monk was attacking DY in the well and she thinks DY will die, she actually steps up to bite the monk after screaming for help from MRF.

I think those tiny details show WYY's personality very well. When she loves someone, she loves that person single-mindedly because she is a simple and naive person like that. When she made the decision to love DY, it was because her love for MRF died when he let her jump the well. It was not settling to me, but more so letting go of something and accepting something new.
    -SC

yeh i rkn JY should just stick with the original ending...even if the new edition comes out i dunno if i reali want to read it...unless WYY does end up with DY...

I can understand if he made edits where illogical points, such as timeline errors, noted by readers were taken into account, but changing the fates or motivations of his characters is rather disappointing.
    i totally agree with that.

or maybe after MRF did DY at the well, he was so angry and jealous of WYY crying for DY then he hit her and she fell into the well?? since she doesn't knows any kungfu, tat maybe fatal for her.. when she's down there with DY then only it becomes clear to her who really loves her but it is already too late.....

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n - View Post
    This isn't a love story. It's a Tragic (XiaoFeng), Fairy Tale (Xu Zhu), Gary Sue Stalker (Duan Yu), three in one story. I am so happy for Wang Yuyan to not have a stalker as a husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladebird View Post
    This isn't a love story. It's a Tragic (XiaoFeng), Fairy Tale (Xu Zhu), Gary Sue Stalker (Duan Yu), three in one story. I am so happy for Wang Yuyan to not have a stalker as a husband.
    Deun Yu probably came to feel equally happy that he didn't marry a pathological narcissist.