Thread: Could the most powerful wulin characters lift a full-sized car over their heads?

Default Could the most powerful wulin characters lift a full-sized car over their heads?

The most powerful wulin characters seem to possess superhuman strength, but I've never seen anything too impressive about their *lifting* abilities. Do you think the most powerful wuxia characters (e.g. the ones with the deepest inner power) have sufficient strength to lift a modern, full-sized automobile over their heads?

The ability to swing a bronze vat holder filled with wine with 1 arm with ease, likely qualifies a person to lift a vehicle.

ZWJ's QKDNY could move heavy stone doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    The ability to swing a bronze vat holder filled with wine with 1 arm with ease, likely qualifies a person to lift a vehicle.

By superhero comics standards, the ability to lift a regular-sized automobile over one's head using one's hands is the bare minimum to qualify for superhuman strength status.

I hope I'm not coming off as rude. But I don't see the connection of that post with your topic question. Are we speculating on Wuxia vs superhero capabilities or vehicular lifting prowess?

I hope I'm not coming off as rude. But I don't see the connection of that post with your topic question. Are we speculating on Wuxia vs superhero capabilities or vehicular lifting prowess?
    Just saying...wuxia abilities are the closest thing in traditional Chinese storytelling to Western superheroes.

Not really. The vat couldn't be larger than a bathtub for instance. A steel bathtub would be over 300 pounds while it would contain just over another 300 pounds of liquid (about 150 litres). That's still far short of 1 ton while even a Smart Car has a curb weight of 1600 pounds.

A better example would be the giant stone that was crushing OYK's legs in LOCH. Even OYF wasn't able to dead lift that rock although it was implied that if H7G, OYF and GJ had worked together, it would have been no problem.

Because of this, the Greats should be able to lift and drag a vehicle from one end with no trouble, but dead lifting it over the head is unlikely.

To swing it around with ease would suggest to me that QQJ's wrist muscles, biceps/triceps, shoulder muscles and lats alone doesn't struggle to maintain that weight. The rest of his body should be able to bring alot of lifting power into it. How much weight can a person hold out at arms length compared to how much they can deadlift?

Using regular physics and assuming a stand, proportionately strong lifter, what Qiu Chuji did with that vat would likely mean he'd be able lift a vehicle over his head. But using inner energy and all that makes everything so much murkier.

The relationship between how much you could casually swing around over your head with how how you can overhead press is at least 2:1, probably closer to 4:1 or more. Pressing ~200 pounds isn't terribly uncommon, but I can't quite imagine people casually swing around a 50lb dumbbell over their heads for extended periods of time.

Honestly that part is really weird since we have the blind bat freak TWIRLING the entire vat on his cane stick thing.