Thread: London 2012 Olympics

Default London 2012 Olympics

It seems that we haven't had a thread for this yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...8265--oly.html

Olympic officials can be pretty messed up. It was so clear the winner should have been Shin A.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    It seems that we haven't had a thread for this yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...8265--oly.html

Olympic officials can be pretty messed up. It was so clear the winner should have been Shin A.
    It's kind of similar the judging of the tie score between Nastia Liukin(?) and one of the Chinese gymnasts back in 2008.
    Less Than Perfect

And now they've decided to give her a special consolation medal. Rubbing salt on the wound, I suppose.

After Phelps made history, we start seeing his commercials all over TV again.

Well, at least she got some kind of medal, I guess. But still, it doesn't make it right or everything okay. I like Phelps! And great job for the US's gymnastic team though I felt sorry for the Russian girls. They all want it so bad. : (

Mmmm. What was your thought on the opening ceremony? I missed the James Bond part with the Queen, but didn't like the whole storyline of the 4 decades thing. I was lost and confused and I honestly didn't enjoy the opening until they start introducing the countries/teams.
    Less Than Perfect

The worst part was the music through the decades. That was just a complete bore. Everything else was fine.

Pretty sad to see how badminton is getting attention in such an embarrassing way.

The opening ceremony was OK but Beijing set the bar incredibly high. It was interesting but not really entertaining. I wasn't wow by anything. The best part was James Bond and Mr. Bean.

The badminton controversy is embarrassing. I didn't see that game but it sounded very unprofessional.

Well, no excuses for the badminton players, all tried to lose the match. I watched in the news and it was just ridiculous. It looked as it was children playing... But to me, worse than the players display was the organization, the Badminton Whatever Federation who setup the horrible format allowing the players that lost, the possibility to reach the final and win the gold medal. Goes to show their ability to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    The opening ceremony was OK but Beijing set the bar incredibly high. It was interesting but not really entertaining. I wasn't wow by anything. The best part was James Bond and Mr. Bean.

The badminton controversy is embarrassing. I didn't see that game but it sounded very unprofessional.
    I personally enjoyed the London opening ceremony as much as the Beijing one. It was less spectacular, but very original and culturally more interesting to me, mostly because of the music and popular culture even though I'm not unfamiliar to Chinese culture either. I still know more about Paul McCartney, James Bond, Mr. Bean and Mary Poppins though.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

But it's over already...

The Olympics overall was great as usual. The ending ceremony was better than the opening. I can't wait to see what Rio Opening.