Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Maker ( 造王者)

Okay, I've watched up to episode 20. Somehow, I was under the impression that this was a 20 episode series, but I was wrong. I guess I've been watching too many K-dramas. But for a fact, it has 28 episodes. Now that Yeung Chi San and his sister has been defeated. The main villain surfaces as the new left chancellor.

I don't know what you guys think but the King Makers series just got more ridiculous from episode 19 onwards. There was a lot of things in episode 20 that you really, really have to stretch your belief. The fighting scenes were mediocre and sloppy. I mean Yim Sam Leung had twin sabres, but there were hundreds of arrows flying at them and she was slowly deflecting them? She's not Cheung 3 Fung. The whole execution of how Hung Ying finds out and becomes confused by her true identity as Yu Jing is so FORCED. I think TVB writers really did not know how to write her character and Natalie just did poorly at portraying "I just found out that my dad is really not my dad and the man I've had a crush on is really my long lost older brother, who I thought was my family's enemy" part.

And really, I don't think because Kent Cheng's expressions are hard to read make him a good dubious villain. I really think given a better actor, say Lau Kong or maybe even Paul Chun or perhaps David Chiang would have been a better choice to play such a role.

I still cannot get get over the fact that the Yu Ching of 10 years prior looks more like Jing and Tsing's dad and Cheung KK looked like the grandfather instead. I really think Wayne, despite his acting skills, should not have taken this role.

I'm sorry if I'm complaining too much, but I gotta critique and TVB is still making poor choices.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-15-12 at 02:04 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I still cannot get get over the fact that the Yu Ching of 10 years prior looks more like Jing and Tsing's dad and Cheung KK looked like the grandfather instead. I really think Wayne, despite his acting skills, should not have taken this role.
    Well, the dad could have had Yu Ching when he was in his forties and the other two decades apart. Yu Ching was in his mid-twenties in the beginning and the brother was 10 and the sister was 8. Yu Ching was in his mid-thirties when he was released from jail and after so much physical harship, he could look in his forties so I do not find Wayne too old for this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm sorry if I'm complaining too much, but I gotta critique and TVB is still making poor choices.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Muwahahaha! I was so right about Pierre =D

...I had a longer post but my ie messed up and lost everything. I don't remember what I typed Anyways, it's an ok series. It was entertaining when I needed some background noises while I washed dishes and stuff, but I would NOT watch it again.

Wayne & Kristal love story was sweet, but a bit underdeveloped for her to do what she did at the end. I did feel bad for her a bit. Pierre & Natalie love was so far-fetched and ridiculous. Natalie's acting when she found out Wayne is her brother was so freakin' fake and horrible. Ugh. They just need to cut her off the life support... This reminds me of Greatness of Heroes (I think that's the title) but with Wayne as the good guy now since his popularity sky rocketed after Rosy Business 1 & 2.

Heard they're making RB3 without Sheren or Pierre. I like Wayne but I don't think he has that star power to pull off a 3 installment. I'm tired of seeing Wayne in the same roles for the last several series. They need to bring the "piggy" back where he's more comedic, lustful and lazy. =D

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

Quote Originally Posted by JJWong View Post
    Muwahahaha! I was so right about Pierre =D

...I had a longer post but my ie messed up and lost everything. I don't remember what I typed Anyways, it's an ok series. It was entertaining when I needed some background noises while I washed dishes and stuff, but I would NOT watch it again.

Wayne & Kristal love story was sweet, but a bit underdeveloped for her to do what she did at the end. I did feel bad for her a bit. Pierre & Natalie love was so far-fetched and ridiculous. Natalie's acting when she found out Wayne is her brother was so freakin' fake and horrible. Ugh. They just need to cut her off the life support... This reminds me of Greatness of Heroes (I think that's the title) but with Wayne as the good guy now since his popularity sky rocketed after Rosy Business 1 & 2.

Heard they're making RB3 without Sheren or Pierre. I like Wayne but I don't think he has that star power to pull off a 3 installment. I'm tired of seeing Wayne in the same roles for the last several series. They need to bring the "piggy" back where he's more comedic, lustful and lazy. =D
    Yeah, once they revealed that the Empress and Sek Sau was childhood lovers, I knew it!

Man, things just got more ridiculous as the series went on towards the end. I mean really, Sek Sau ending himself and the whole Pierre playing against both Tung Chiu and Yu Ching was stupid. Everything just got more ridiculous.

There were some nice scenes but as usual TVB was sloppy with the development and details and so it wasn't as powerful as it could be. I really do not want to see any more Kent Cheng roles as an official...can't stand his loud talking and attempts to look evil...but instead he looks sleepy or psycho. I can't tell. The last couple episodes was just TVB killing off the cast. People just don't know how to make good Royal court period dramas anymore. Such a disappointment.

Yes, both Natalie and Elaine could be erased from the script and it would not effect the story.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I thought the intrigue surrounding the throne were all decently done despite the character developments being unsurprising. I did enjoy the series overall though I would not watch it again. My favorite character was Patrick Tang's Sheung Hei/Yu Tsing. He was very likable and sympathetic. My second favorite character was Sammy Shum's Yeung Kuk. He looked quite dashing, handsome, and upright despite the news that surrounds his own personal drama outside of the series haha. I'd love to see him get bigger roles. He's got surprising onscreen presence for this minor role. I would say that Kristal Tin's Yim Sam-Leung was also a very interesting character.

Pierre's acting was great, but I had already gotten the impression from earlier works that he was a very versatile professional. Natalie Tong was certainly downgraded in this role. It was very hard to sympathize with her.
    I like me.

hmm... to me this series is average. The whole story almost make me boring.

Wayne lai just get angry in this series, is really annoying.
    Kent cheng, oh my god, I can't stand with his acting, he almost doesn't show his expression. This role not suitable for him
    The only thing I watch this series just because shek sau. When he appear for the first time, I feel enjoyable, but when he has turn to be a bad guy, I almost lost interest. I don't like with his role. Poor sau kor, why tvb always give him bad role
    If you Sau Gor fans, so visit & like this fanspage : www.facebook.com/sheksau
    There's so many picture of him. That's really awesome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by princevegeta View Post
    Wayne lai just get angry in this series, is really annoying.
    Unfortunately it seems like that's all Wayne can do lately. Every freakin' series he has been in ever since Rosy Business, he screams on top of his lungs. Gah! He was a bit different from "Rosey Business II" in the beginning, but once again he turned into a maniac, hollered and shouted every other scene... Sigh. I used to love him too. He was such a comedic relief. He's not so enjoyable to watch anymore though.

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

He's not so angry in the Confidant!

Totally love Wayne and Kristal in King Maker: http://k-tvb.net/king-maker-wayne-lai-kristal-tin/