Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: All About Eve

I do not constantly like JDG, sometimes he is very good (2009 Lost Memories, Love Wind Love Song, Friend, Nowhere to Hide, Taegugki) and sometimes he is really bad (Coast Guard, Holiday In Seoul) - to me he is not an actor that makes me want to see a film.

But in that pic he looks hot!!!!!!!!!! I loved the hair and think it suited him best. Thank you for posting the picture and thank you for the info on the pirate film Il Mare.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    I do not constantly like JDG, sometimes he is very good (2009 Lost Memories, Love Wind Love Song, Friend, Nowhere to Hide, Taegugki) and sometimes he is really bad (Coast Guard, Holiday In Seoul) - to me he is not an actor that makes me want to see a film.

But in that pic he looks hot!!!!!!!!!! I loved the hair and think it suited him best. Thank you for posting the picture and thank you for the info on the pirate film Il Mare.
    Some more for you eliza bennet!

(credit [email protected])

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cinema.chosun.com/people/bluedragon2004/011.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cinema.chosun.com/people/bluedragon2004/012.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cinema.chosun.com/people/bluedragon2004/016.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cinema.chosun.com/people/bluedragon2004/017.jpg')

JDG new movie "Typhoon"

credit [email protected]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.heraldbiz.com/herald_photo/board_02/photo/1099039990959.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ilgan.joins.com/component/htmlphoto_mmdata/200410/htm_20041029182432070000070100-001.GIF')

wow, great pictures!!!! thank you so much

I think JDG looks best when his hair is off his face. In All About Eve I liked him a lot better when he changed his hairstyle. And as far as the award pics go this pirate film will at least be a feast for the eyes!

typhoon looks interesting, LJJ is also a very good actor - and I think he is one best on screen kissers in the world (featured in a film called An Affair) but I have to thank him for not accepting the part in Untold Story - I have seen BYJ in this film and liked him so much that I have bought Winter Sonata and then got addicted to Korean dramas! So LJJ is responsible from my drama addiction

oh he's so handsome!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by il_mare
    25th Blue Dragon Awards

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.mtstarnews.com/2004/11/2004112922295694990_1.jpg')
    What is wrong with Dong Gun? Why did he chose that hair style? It looks so weird on him. He looks good with all other hair sytles except for this one...he looks a lot skinner now too.

Talking

kim so yeon does play "good gal" characters, she played with ahn jae wook in "ma ma jie jie" aka "qing yi mian mian"..(mother and sister)
    yeah i tink she is beautiful too..i once did a wallpaper on her..
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

any updates of jang dong gun lately?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

my favorite character in here was the evil girl , i think she was called kim so yeon? though she was a evil character , she portray it very well and she is beautiful . one of the most unique korean woman actress i've seen . she can play a evil role so well but the audience would have no hate towards her , in return in admire her . well done! well done! very challenging

Question All about Eve

Hello! I saw a VCD of the series recently. It was dubbed in Mandarin (or maybe Cantonese) and had English subtitles. My question is, what's the Korean word that is translated into English as SENIOR. It's how San Mei (Chae Rim) addresses Manager Yee (Jang Dong Gun), and it's also how San Mei and Yin Mei address the female newscasters who were teaching them.

I like Jang Dong Gun and the character he plays. He was quite content to wait for San Mae, even when she decided to help her friend (Yu Zhen) mend a broken heart, even when she told him that she might end up marrying Yu Zhen (sorry if I mangled the spelling of some names).

I also want to know the lucky stone of Manager Yee. Remember the anklet he gave San Mae on her birthday? It had a pearl (her birthstone, I think), surrounded by two pieces of another stone. He said it was his lucky stone and that it came from space.

Eagerly awaiting your responses...
    Last edited by Thursday's Child; 02-24-05 at 12:05 PM.

Default Chae Rim

what other (good) korean series does chae rim stars? i find her truly lovable in this series...her smile do lit up the screen!

thanks...

Talking

this was the first Korean series i watched...i have to say i was quite please...Chae Rim did an excellent job...but sometimes her indecisive actions made me mad because she couldn't decide b/t jang dong gun and han jae suk....PRETTY GOOD MOVIE!!!
    jang dong gun played a part similar to prince charming...patient, loving, supportive, always there at the right time...basically what pretty much what every girl wants....I DO!!!

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    any updates of jang dong gun lately?
    I read somewhere that he is going to co-starred in two chinese movies: "The Promise" with Cecilia Cheung and Nicholas Tse and "Night Feast" with Gong Li and some other dude ! Both movies are due to release this year and directed by famous chinese director Chen Kaige and Feng Xiaogang.

Looks like we are going to see more of brother Dong in chinese movies this year !
    Cheers!!!!!!

This has turned into a discussion about Jung Dong Gun huh. I really liked him from All About Eve, but back then they were also showing Die Sterntaler with Yutaka Takenouchi, so I kinda blocked every other actor outta my mind.
    My Paper (A Chinese Online Journal)
    If you can read Chinese, go there when you're really bored, there's cute pictures of my cat and my dog.
    http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/tupple

i love this drama, i adore it's cast. enough said. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    I read somewhere that he is going to co-starred in two chinese movies: "The Promise" with Cecilia Cheung and Nicholas Tse and "Night Feast" with Gong Li and some other dude ! Both movies are due to release this year and directed by famous chinese director Chen Kaige and Feng Xiaogang.

Looks like we are going to see more of brother Dong in chinese movies this year !
    really? yay that's really a great news! can't wait!
    cherrie

Cool

i've watched this drama 6x already but i'll never get tired of watching it over and over and over and over again.

it has all the ingreadients of a nice story. it'll make u laugh, cry, furious, pity, and fall in love. great story, great performance by its actors, especially the one portraying Young-Mi. u'd hate her charater in the story, but u'l adore her for her very good performance.

i just hope it would be shown here in the philippines so that others can watch this drama. besides, my copy is dubbed in nihonggo. i would like to watch it dubbed in filipino.

Hi all! I know I am a bit late, but I finally manage to catch this kdrama last week. Altho I loved JDG's character, but I felt it was kind of relegated to a "wallflower" role. The writers should have given more depth to the character, and I really did not find that JDG had much chemistry with CR.

On the other hand, KSY really shine as YM. Unfortunately she has not had another hit since AAE. And HJS was equally good as well as the love lost KWJ. The relationship YM and WJ was truly a heartbreaking one.

Nice story but can't say much abt the wardobe and the make-up.....

i totally love jdg's role here. always so supportive, so understanding. and more, he didn't fall for YM!
    cherrie

Default Damaged

YM was abandoned by her mother and abused by her father. She got involved with the town toughie out of self-preservation.

From the start she was so envious of SM that she wanted whatever she had--first WJ then JDG. WJ loved SM lke a sister but he truly loved YM.

But YM, because of her past, loathes herself and anyone who loves her. I don't think she ever really appreciated, much less delighted in, WJ's love for her.

And, yes, Cherrie, that's one of the things I love about the character played by JDG, he did not succumb to YM's attept at seduction. In contrast, WJ was fair game.

YM reminds me of a book I read years ago. I think the title was Damaged. It was made into a movie starring Jeremy Irons (whom I love) and a good actress whose name escapes me at the moment. It was she who says something about damaged people... and her words suit YM.