Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wuxia Fiction Forum Group Project: A Comprehensive CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    As I recall it, the reason that Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung convened the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament in the first place was to determine what should be done about the 9 Yum Jen Ging. He already had possession of it, but he knew that it didn't really *belong* to him. He wanted to settle the matter of its ownership in a way that would be in accordance with wulin rules.
    Why not make many many copies and give a copy to each great so they won't go after one another over the manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Why not make many many copies and give a copy to each great so they won't go after one another over the manuals.
    Printing presses weren't invented yet. Copying the manuscripts or using manual prints would have been prohibitively time- and labor-consuming.

Moreover, the wulin cultural norm was to keep elite martial arts exclusive, not propagate them among the masses.

I've made some adjustments this week to the details and dates of various events.

I extended the period for the series of events from Yeung Gor's initial departure from the Ancient Tomb to the beginning of Little Dragon Girl's self-exile to two years; it didn't seem to make sense that all those events took place in the time frame of a single year.

Good time line. I'm enjoying to read this thread.

what is "- Drinking contest between Wong Chung Yeung and a monk friend, which results in the monk creating the 9 Yeung Jen Ging after reading the 9 Yum Jen Ging."

can you go in more details on this ken? i didnt know this happened
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    what is "- Drinking contest between Wong Chung Yeung and a monk friend, which results in the monk creating the 9 Yeung Jen Ging after reading the 9 Yum Jen Ging."

can you go in more details on this ken? i didnt know this happened
    A new addition in the third edition of the novels, apparently. Wong Chung Yeung and an anonymous Buddhist monk friend got into a drinking contest, and if Wong Chung Yeung lost, he would let the monk read the 9 Yum Jen Ging. WCY did indeed lose, and let the monk read the 9 Yum Jen Ging. The monk was intrigued, and wondered if similar results could be achieved by taking a different approach. He succeeded, and the product was the 9 Yeung Jen Ging.

A new addition in the third edition of the novels, apparently. Wong Chung Yeung and an anonymous Buddhist monk friend got into a drinking contest, and if Wong Chung Yeung lost, he would let the monk read the 9 Yum Jen Ging. WCY did indeed lose, and let the monk read the 9 Yum Jen Ging. The monk was intrigued, and wondered if similar results could be achieved by taking a different approach. He succeeded, and the product was the 9 Yeung Jen Ging.
    oh wow didnt know that happened. that monk's skill must be a lvl 95+ then in the ranking lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    oh wow didnt know that happened. that monk's skill must be a lvl 95+ then in the ranking lol
    Quite possibly. Anyone who can read the 9 Yum Jen Ging once and devise an effective yang-based counterpart to it must have some extraordinary talent.

Ken:
    I just briefly went through your timeline.
    It is a magnificent piece of writing.
    Great knowledge.
    Must have taken you a long time to put this timeline together.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Ken:
    I just briefly went through your timeline.
    It is a magnificent piece of writing.
    Great knowledge.
    Must have taken you a long time to put this timeline together.
    The initial writing took only a few hours or so.

The updates and adjustments are an ongoing process as new information rolls in.

Great Timeline! Big fan of the trilogy. One piece of the story I'm not sure I understood. Whatever happened to Hua Jeng? She just kinda disappeared from the whole storyline. No Closure for her?

Quote Originally Posted by dinotrex View Post
    Great Timeline! Big fan of the trilogy. One piece of the story I'm not sure I understood. Whatever happened to Hua Jeng? She just kinda disappeared from the whole storyline. No Closure for her?
    I remember reading somewhere long ago that Princess Hua Jeng (Khojin) of the Mongol Empire might have passed away by the timeframe of ROCH, but never got any confirmation that she had actually died. Perhaps she lived on in Mongolia and never set foot in the Central Plains again.

I remember reading somewhere long ago that Princess Hua Jeng (Khojin) of the Mongol Empire might have passed away by the timeframe of ROCH, but never got any confirmation that she had actually died. Perhaps she lived on in Mongolia and never set foot in the Central Plains again.
    Yeeep she say to GJ that she would live in the Western Region along with her 3rd brother since she feel so ashamed to see GJ after Li Ping's tragedic accident..

At least a year passes between the point that Siu Chiu leaves China (and the story) and the end of HSDS, because after her departure, Cheung Mo Gei, Chow Chi Yerk, and Tse Tsun spend almost a full year marooned on that island where Chow Chi Yerk murdered Yan Lei, and several more months pass after their return to the Central Plains.
    This may seem like a silly question, but what series is "HSDS"?

NVM, Figured it out. Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre