Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 41. Fight at Shaolin.

Default re: Han Solo

Thanks for helping with the word wrap. Did it annoy u as much as it annoyed me?

I finially finished the rest of Cap 41. But have to do some major editing. The words don't translate very well. Will send to you once I am satisfied with it.
    Last edited by CC; 11-25-03 at 03:57 AM.

Default Re: re: Han Solo

Originally posted by CC
    Thanks for helping with the word wrap. Did it annoy u as much as it annoyed me?

I finially finished the rest of Cap 41. But have to do some major editing. The words don't translate very well. Will send to you once I am satisfied with it.
    No, thank you. It was a real pleasure reading the translations and the fact that i read it first before others here makes it more enjoyable.

Default Re: Re: re: Han Solo

Originally posted by Han Solo
    No, thank you. It was a real pleasure reading the translations and the fact that i read it first before others here makes it more enjoyable.
    ahhhh, ya lucky mug!
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

The ability to translate this would mean the ability to surpass the limitation of humans to me. Just wonder how you guys can do this.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I think CC once said he was powered by 9 yin or something ....
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Default Earlier Chapter

hi.... where can i get the earlier chapter of DGSD... izzit still translating???

The first four chapters have been translated by Moin and can either be found somewhere in this forum or in the reading room.

moin is certainly taking his sweet *** time

This is a good way to train our patients. Quite beneficial.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

argh! 6MSJ in action soon...Yay!
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Another update from CC. Yay.

Wang Yu Yan screamed out : "Watch out cousin! This is the Dali Duan Clan's Yi Yang Zhi, don't underestimate it!"

Divine Croc cursed out : "Screw your Grandma, this bloody Master of mine might be useless but he is still Yue number 2's Master. If you beat my Master, its as good as beating me. If my Master was cowardly and called you Father wouldn't I be 3 generations below you? Wouldn't I be your lousy grandson? You are going too far, I'll have it out with you today! While cursing he lashed out with his crocodile mouth scissors, cutting left and right relentlessly at Murong Fu. His greatest irritation was to be ranked below others, fighting constantly over the title of 2nd and 3rd evil with Ye Er Niang. If Duan Yu had acknowledged Murong Fu as father, he would become a lousy grandson and that would be totally unacceptable. He would rather die then become someone's lousy grandson.

Murong Fu did not know what the heck he was shouting about and keeping his right foot firmly planted on Duan Yu, he defended against both attackers. After more then 10 strokes, he realised that although Divine Croc was wielding a deadly weapon, he was easy to defend against while Duan Zheng Chun's Yi Yang Zhi could not be taken lightly. He concentrated mainly on fighting Duan Zheng Chun and used whatever leftover space to deflect
    Divine Croc's weapon but still managed to force Divine Croc backwards by several tens of feet. Duan Yu was still being firmly stepped on and could not stand up as much as he tried to struggle.

Duan Zheng You saw that his son was being pinned down and should Murong Fu increase his force, Duan Yu would be injured to the point of spitting blood and death. He was concerned with saving Duan Yu fast and as such, wielded the Yi Yang Zhi fiercely and relentlessly. Suddenly a strange voice spoke out : "The Yi Yang Zhi of the Dali Duan Clan is deep and mysterious, harmonious and solemn, in its ferocity it maintains a regal bearing. With your crude and ungainly poking, you are like a no pouched disciple of the beggar clan, what kind of Yi Yang Zhi is that? What a shame to all Dali!"

Duan Zheng Chun saw that the person who spoke was non other then his nemesis - Duan Yang Qing. Although the words were rather true, his mind was all concentrated on saving his son and had no time to think of principles like harmony and regal style. His Yi Yang Zhi struck out harder and heavier, becoming extrememly fierce but lacking in depth and stability. Suddenly, Murong Fu deflected his finger strike slightly and with a 'chi', he ended up sealing Divine Croc's shoulder accupoint with his Yi Yang Zhi.

As Divine Croc cursed and screamed out : "YOUR MOTHER'S.....", his scissors clanged down on his leg, cutting to the bone. In furious anger and great pain he broke out in huge curses but suddenly thought : "He is my master's dad, I cannot curse him. But one day when I have the chance, I'll cut his head off with my crocodile scissors...."

Taking advantage of Duan Zheng Chun's hitting of his ally, Murong Fu struck out with lightning swift fingers and sealed the Zhong Ting accupoint on his opponents chest.

The Zhong Ting point was a sixth of an inch away from the Shan Zhong point. The Shan Zhong point was the reservior of a person's breath and of utmost importance. If it was sealed, a person would be unable to breath. Murong Fu knew that his opponent was dangerous and in his haste could not hit the Shan Zhong point. But as it was, Duan Zheng Chun was now having difficulty breathing and felt a wave of internal pain.

Wang Yu Yan saw her cousin hit his opponent and clapped out : "Cousin! What a wonderful 'Night Fork Probes the Ocean' (*Ye Cha Tan Hai*). Although only hitting the Shan Zhong accupoint counts as a "Ye Cha Tan Hai", she was only concerned with praising her beloved and so even if his aim was off by a sixth of an inch, it still became a "Ye Cha Tan Hai".

Murong Fu saw that his strike was not fatal and followed up with another attack. His right palm shoved outwards and slammed Duan Zheng Chun in the chest. Duan Zheng Chun did not even have time to take one breath since the last strike and thus was unable to defend. As Murong Fu's fierce palm struck him, he vomited out a mouthful of fresh blood. However, as his precious son was still trapped, he was unwilling to back off and tried hurriedly to smoothen out his breathing and gather his energy. But Murong Fu's second strike was already incoming.

Under Murong Fu's foot, Duan Yu saw his father spit blood as Murong Fu prepared to strike him with yet another palm. In his urgency he pointed with his right forefinger at Murong Fu and yelled : "You dare to hit my Father?" In his frenzy, his inner strength naturally surged forward through his forefinger and this was the "Shang Yang Jian" stance of the "Liu Mai Shen Jian". With a 'chi' sound, Murong Fu's sleeves were cut open by the invisible sword and as the sword energy collided with his palm energy, he felt a tingling pain in his hand. Murong Fu was shocked and immediately leapt backwards, leaving Duan Yu free to stand up and point out with the little finger on his left hand, executing a 'Shao Ze Jian' at Murong Fu. Murong Fu waved his
    left arm to defend and with 2 slicing sounds, his left sleeve was cut open by the sword chi. Deng Bai Chun shouted out : "Watch out Master, its invisible sword chi! Use a weapon!" Unshealthing his sword, he spun it by the hilt and tossed it towards Murong Fu.

Duan Yu had felt deep bitterness in his heart when he heard Wang Yu Yan cheer out as his father was injured. With inner strength flowing through, he struck out the Liu Mai Shen Jian, the six strokes of the "Shao Shang", "Shang Yang", "Zhong Chong", "Guan Chong", "Shao Chong" and "Shao Ze" Jian shot out as he thrust and sliced away. Attacking with his mind and body as one, he fought as if divinely inspired.

This set of swordplay from Duan Yu was magnificent and grand in display, each stroke contained heaven shaking power. Murong Fu hooked and slashed but was finding it difficult to resist Duan Yu's attacks.

**END OF CHAPTER**

Default .

Hey what do you guys think is a better way to translate the kung fu names?

Use the Hanyu Pinyin followed by the english translation in brackets? Or vice versa? I have been doing it both ways, quite messy. Or just stick to hanyu pinyin cuz the english names suck.

wonderful translation, keep it up!

Default Re: .

Originally posted by CC
    Hey what do you guys think is a better way to translate the kung fu names?

Use the Hanyu Pinyin followed by the english translation in brackets? Or vice versa? I have been doing it both ways, quite messy. Or just stick to hanyu pinyin cuz the english names suck.
    I'm of a fan of the way Lanny translates the name: In english (and explanation and original chinese in brackets). I'm sure that;s the way Noodles has been doing it too. So if you can do that, it would kind of bring a standard of sorts to the way translations works.

But anyway you do it is fine by me. Thanks for your translations.

Man, whens the next translation coming...can't wait

Yeah, the fight is getting more and more exciting. But I'm also starting to hate WYY more and more too.
    Last edited by superboy; 12-07-03 at 06:35 AM.

Originally posted by superboy
    Yeah, the fight is getting more and more exciting. But I'm also starting to hate WYY more and more too.
    Women in love, sigh. She was dumb, mind.

yeah, i think WYYs character is quiet annoying and isnt really interesting at all compared to others like HR and RYY

Originally posted by linghuchong
    yeah, i think WYYs character is quiet annoying and isnt really interesting at all compared to others like HR and RYY
    I don't think you should even compare WYY with the likes of iron ladies such as HR and RYY. WYY was the typical stereotyped helpless maiden, albeit I think JY tried to make her useful by having her know all sorts of martial knowledge.

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    I don't think you should even compare WYY with the likes of iron ladies such as HR and RYY. WYY was the typical stereotyped helpless maiden, albeit I think JY tried to make her useful by having her know all sorts of martial knowledge.
    I don't think so. Stereotypical maidens are grateful, at least. She's BENEATH that level