Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 41. Fight at Shaolin.

Yeah, not even concern if her saver DY are gonna die and cheered when his dad was injured. What a b*tch.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I don't think so. Stereotypical maidens are grateful, at least. She's BENEATH that level
    Now thats a bit too much, other than her treating DY like dirt and her cousin like the emperor, she had a lot of other qualities that would make her pretty much the most desirable woman

Originally posted by Xiao Feng
    Now thats a bit too much, other than her treating DY like dirt and her cousin like the emperor, she had a lot of other qualities that would make her pretty much the most desirable woman
    Her looks don't count. Her loyalty to her love and her knowledge of martial arts are the only good things about her.
    Yo momma cat

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    Her looks don't count. Her loyalty to her love and her knowledge of martial arts are the only good things about her.
    What do you mean looks don't count? Of course it counts. Why do you think most of the main females in JY are beautiful?

Although like I said earlier she'd make a very good wife.

Alot of women in Jin Yong novels are beautiful but does it make them desirable? Looks aren't everything. Madame Ma was very beautiful but would you consider her desirable? Probably not. The tramp stayed there and cheered for her cousin while a young man who's saved her life many times is getting his butt whooped. If she had any sense of righteousness she would at least try to stop the fight. Frankly if WYY had a brother and the brother fought with her lover, all she would probably do is stand by and cheer on for her lover. Not to mention that she was such a cry baby. Boohoo my cousin doesn't like me I might as well go suicide. Put her in modern society, and she would be another dumb blonde.
    Yo momma cat

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    Alot of women in Jin Yong novels are beautiful but does it make them desirable? Looks aren't everything. Madame Ma was very beautiful but would you consider her desirable? Probably not. The tramp stayed there and cheered for her cousin while a young man who's saved her life many times is getting his butt whooped. If she had any sense of righteousness she would at least try to stop the fight. Frankly if WYY had a brother and the brother fought with her lover, all she would probably do is stand by and cheer on for her lover. Not to mention that she was such a cry baby. Boohoo my cousin doesn't like me I might as well go suicide. Put her in modern society, and she would be another dumb blonde.
    Ritey mate, I wasn't trying to justify her actions. You'd have to read my posts beyond the first few lines or the last few posts.

What I was trying to say was actually ignoring the fact that she showed a lack of gratefullness and biasness and general blindness because of her love for her cousin, all her other traits would make her pretty much a very good spouse.

Think about it, a wife that is purely devoted to you, has great knowledge of martial arts plus has great looks

Just want to bump this up. This is good stuff.

Thumbs up Thx CC!

To CC: Why DuanYu spoils this passage?
    ---
    Duan Yu glanced at Wang Yu Yan, thinking : "I have such deep feelings for Miss Wang, with nothing more to give. But compared to this Chief Zhuang, I am nothing. His feelings are of real worth! If Miss Wang was captured by the Old Freak of Xing Su, would I submit to him in public?" His pulse quickened as his blood rushed and he couldn't help blurting out loudly :" Yes! Yes! Of course I am willing!" (GODAMMIT! SOMEBODY KILL THIS PANSY PUNK!!!! HE REALLY SPOILS THE BOOK!!).
    Comments:
    1. CronoReverse:
    GJ's version [Overcoming the Dragon with Regrets; the power booster one] of this move is more conservative in energy, but ends off with the same power (level 13). So most likely XF's first blow would also be more strong even if not for his greater internal energy.

Bookquote: When he [GuoJing] first unleashed it, it looked light and fragile but when it meets an obstruction, it will be able to unleash its force in thirteen levels, the next level stronger than the last one, it will yield the unyielding, no force it can't overcome.
    --- The Level13 seems to mean that the move composes of 13 radial energies: meaning, the closest to GuoJing's palm is level13 while the farthest is level1. It's like a tidal wave with a 13 wave front, and the closest front from GuoJing is level13. This just means that GuoJing "Overcoming ... with Regrets" splits the force into 13 parts.
    Regarding PoisonEnergy such as from You Tan Zhi or Ding Chun Qiu (Xu Immortal), how does it work?
    1. Seems there is a contradiction that Chi cannot repell it, but Chi is associated with miracles.
    2. You Tan Zhi and Xu Immortal could control the injection, so the poisonEnergy must circulate through their body, yet they cannot touch infected bodies?
    Revealing Line:
    1. However, XIao Feng was born with divine martial talent and the deadlier the situation the more of his hidden potential will flare forward.
    2. Deng Bai Chun shouted out : "Watch out Master, its invisible sword chi! Use a weapon!" Unshealthing his sword, he spun it by the hilt and tossed it towards Murong Fu. [6MSJ is sword chi]
    3. This set of swordplay from Duan Yu was magnificent and grand in display, each stroke contained heaven shaking power. Murong Fu hooked and slashed but was finding it difficult to resist Duan Yu's [6MSJ] attacks. [Why Linghu Chong cannot defeat Murong Fu]

Duan Yu spoils the book because he is totally nerdy and unheroic whenever it comes to WYY. I can't stand the fact that a useless no-ambition bum like him got the best qing gong, the best nei gong skill, and the best offensive skill in the whole universe.

As to why YTZ and DCQ can use poison from their body yet are scared of getting poisoned. I am not sure. Maybe its like water in a human body. We have lots of water content, but if water gets into our lungs we can die from it. Or maybe the poison is in one form 'chi form' when in YTZ's body, but once issued out it takes solid form, and in this solid form it becomes deadly.

Cool Ah. K. :)

Thx CC for the reply.
    Was curious cuz DuanYu seems an interesting character, since his behavior is peculiar/(add new perspective: sissy) as a WuxiaHero. He's like Tasslehoff Burrfoot in DragonLance: happy-go-lucky gy.

Not even close. Tass is a happy-go-lucky guy; Duan Yu is simply a dork and a sissy...who gets a lot of chicks.

Bastard. Hate'm

Cool I beg to differ :p

Not even close. Tass is a happy-go-lucky guy; Duan Yu is simply a dork and a sissy...who gets a lot of chicks.
    --- Your statements here/previously seem to demand me to list some things.
    DuanYu seems to have that Tasslehoff quality:
    1. Both, when prodded, faces great danger ... DuanYu faces badasses without a good arsenal.
    2. Both have Godly luck.
    3. Both stumble into danger (aka in the wrong place at the wrong time, or right place at the right time for action. I'm basing on Moin's previous translations -- up to chap5?)
    4. Both are child-like (ie. sissy, whatever) ...
    5. Both is have peculiar personalities from the rest of the company (ie. sworn brothers).
    6. Both ... as for the happy-go-lucky: the chicks/MartialArts versus treasures/Adventures (for Tass), tagging along, etc.
    (I think I have a stupid list here ... )(To tired to go on ... )

Tasslehoff does not go ga-ga-goo-goo and follow a woman blindly and ignore everything else for most of the story.

Cool Replies

quote: Tasslehoff does not go ga-ga-goo-goo and follow a woman blindly and ignore everything else for most of the story.
    --- Well ... he did go treasureHunting/exploring which is beside the main quest that the other DragonLance heroes are doing.

is the chaptering according to the chinese novel or the indonesian novel that is floating around here??
    TaZzY InC

Bump!

CC, please translate the rest! We'll love you forever! From what I recall, the next part is particularly good!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

bumpz bumpz some more some more
    TaZzY InC

RWX and Tazzy, Chapter 42 was already posted in another thread. Why are you guys asking for more Chapter 41?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

to get the complete picture i hate missing gaps
    TaZzY InC

What? Really? When? Where?!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!