Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 41. Fight at Shaolin.

Default .

Yup, I'd always put money on Xiao Feng in a fight. I don't think the 3 Xiao Yao elders can beat him. It'll take sweeper monk.

Hey cool, i didn't mean to pressure you to translate, but I'm glad you did. Thanks, can't wait to see more, but take your time. Whenver you're ready.

CC: your translation has been extremely helpful. Although I read the novel in Chinese, I won't even pretend like I understand all the words For example, I think in Chap 42, Murong Bo demonstrated his ability to kill Duan Zhengchun in one stance by knocking him out with finger wind - but that's what I interpreted, I cannot be sure unless I confirm with your translation. So please continue your marvelous translating job

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Sorry to bother, I just arrive to this site today, where can I find the other translation (01-40)

Originally posted by atlantean0208
    Sorry to bother, I just arrive to this site today, where can I find the other translation (01-40)
    1-4 is floating around here

5-40 is nowhere

Originally posted by Yang Guo
    1-4 is floating around here

5-40 is nowhere
    There's a chapter 39, very sorry, i never completed the translation. somewhere in this section of the forum.

In that thread, I attached CC's translation of the fight between JMZ and XZ (again, sorry for not going to fill in the blanks between). The fight is in between chapter 39 and 40.

My neck just increased a couple of inches by waiting for the translation.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default continued...

Ding Chun Qiu had tasted the might of his palm strength and immediately resisted with his utmost force using both his palms. Xiao Feng seized the opportunity to pull in his palm force and divert it in a splitting blow towards Murong Fu. Murong Fu's most adept technique was his Star Shifting Movement (**Dou Zhuai Xing Yi**) which turns an opponents force back against him but Xiao Feng actually captured both his and his opponents strength in one strike of tremendous power and speed. This left Murong Fu with no hope of diverting the blow and he summoned all his inner strength to resist with both palms while leaping 30 feet backward. (***You see???? Xiao Feng isn't just pure Yang full power dragon palm blasting hero, he is actually versatile and capable of such incredible feats. Z3F would be proud! No QKDNY, Taichi or Dou Zhuai Xing Yi needed, just pure fighting instinct***)

Xiao Feng twisted his body by a small movement and avoided Murong Fu's return strike, with a huge yell and and a ear splitting punch his right fist unleashed a strike at You Tan Zhi. Xiao Feng's huge physique was a full head taller then You Tan Zhi and this punch was aimed square at You Tan Zhi's face. You Tan Zhi had always been in awe of Xiao Feng and this strike was loud as a thunderclap, scaring him out of his wits. This fist of Xiao Feng was extremely fast, the three movements of ; palm strike at Ding Chun Qiu, diverting strike at Murong Fu, punch to You Tan Zhi was executed as fast as a bolt of lightning. You Tan Zhi could not think of a response before the fist was at his face, but ever since he had practised hard with the Yi Jin Jing his body was capable of reacting without conscious thought. While his thoughts were still muddled, his body had already flipped backwards twice to narrowly avoid the thousand catties of punching power.

While You Tan Zhi's face was still full of shock, he heard a loud exclamation from the assembled crowd and noticed pieces of his mask fluttering like butterflies in the wind after it was split to pieces by Xiao Feng's strike. The onlookers could see the pits and lumps on his face, some red, some black and his orifices all rotten and scarred. His hideous appearance was shocking to behold.

In 3 blows Xiao Feng had forced 3 of the most powerful fighters in the world to retreat and his great fighting spirit swelled "BRING ME WINE!" he shouted. A Khitan warrior took a large leather wineskin from a dead Khitan steed and hurried up to offer it with both hands. Xiao Feng pulled out the stopper and raised the wineskin high over his head as a stream of white wine poured down. The wineskin contained at least 20 catties of wine but Xiao Feng raised his head and gulped down everything in one breath. His abdomen buldged slightly but his dark expression remained the same as he showed no sign of being intoxicated. As the crowd looked at each other, Xiao Feng motioned with his right hand and the remaining 17 Khitan warriors raced to his side, each holding a large wineskin.

Xiao Feng faced the 18 warriors and addressed them: "Brothers, this Master Duan of Dali is my sworn brother. Today we are surrounded and outnumbered by our enemies and might not be able to escape." Although Xiao Feng had gained the upper hand in his first encounter with Murong Fu and others, he had witnessed that these 3 fighters were all possessed of great ability and if they combined forces would pose a great threat to him, furthermore the rest of the assembled fighters all looked on like a thousand crounching tigers. Pulling Duan Yu's arm, he said "Brother, you and I might meet our end here, living up to our vows. Should we die or should we live, who cares! Lets just have a carefree drink together!"

Duan Yu was struck by Xiao Feng's heroic aura and immediately grabbed a wineskin, saying "Thats right, I want to have a drink with Big Brother."

Suddenly, a grey robed monk dashed out from within the group of Shaolin monks, shouting in a clear voice: "Big Brother, Third Brother, how could you guys drink without me?" Xu Zhu had been standing quietly amongst the cluster of monks when Xiao Feng rode up the mountain and displayed his impressive aura and heroic spirit while embarassing the entire gathered heroes of wulin. Seeing how Duan Yu stayed loyal to his brotherly oath
    regardless of danger he remembered that on Misty Peak his oath of brotherhood with Duan Yu had included Xiao Feng as well. A true hero should stick by his promises and not fear death, thinking of the night he got drunk with Duan Yu at Ling Jiu Palace and shared his feelings, he forgot all about the threat of death as well as all the rules and commandments of Shaolin monkhood.

Xiao Feng had never meet Xu Zhu before and couldn't help being stunned for a moment when suddenly addressed as 'Big Brother'.

Duan Yu ran up to Xu Zhu and grabbed his hand, turning to tell Xiao Feng : "Big Brother, this is also my sworn brother. His buddhist name is Xu Zhu. After revoking his vows he is call Xu Zhu Zi. When the two of us took our oath of brotherhood, we included you as well. Second Brother, come greet Big Brother." Xu Zhu immediately stepped forward and kneeled down, tapping his head to the floor : "Junior Brother greets Big Brother."

Xiao Feng smiled slightly to himself and thought : "My sworn brother is a real muddle head, when he swears an oath with another he actually included me as well. I am facing death here today but that this person seems unafraid of the danger and is willing to step forward now shows that he has a heroic character. Xiao Feng would not be wasting his time by acknowledging such a brother." Xiao Feng knelt in return and spoke "Brother, Xiao Feng is only too pleased to swear brotherhood with a hero like you." The two of them faced each other and bowed eight times, swearing brotherhood in front of all the assembled heroes of the martial world.

Xiao Feng was unaware that Xu Zhu had mastered ultimate kung fu techniques, thinking that he was only a low ranked Shaolin monk and would be limited in skills. However, as he had exhibited such a strong sense of righteousness and brotherhood, it would be demeaning to ask him to stand aside so he lifted a large wineskin and proclaimed : "My two brothers, this eighteen Khitan Warriors are totally loyal to your Big Brother and have shared all with me like brothers, lets all drink together before we all start dealing out death!" He tore open the wineskin and drank a huge gulp before passed the wineskin to Xu Zhu. Xu Zhu's heart was boiling over with passion and had given up all thoughts of the numerous Buddhist restrictions and prohibitions at this point, lifting the wineskin high up he drank a mouthful before handing it to Duan Yu. Xiao Feng drank another gulp and passed it to a Khitan Warrior and all of them lifted their wineskins and drank heartily.

Xu Zhu spoke to Xiao Feng : "Big Brother, this Old Xing Su Freak is guilty of killing my latter generation Master and fellow disciple as well as killing my former Sect Shaolin's reverend Xuan Nan and Xuan Tong. Your brother wants revenge!" Surprised and stunned, Xiao Feng asked : "You...." He never got to utter the second word because Xu Zhu had already struck out at Ding Chun Qiu with twin billowing palms.

More good parts to come!

thanks CC

hehe, another series of awesome fight coming after this, great work CC.

1 Question, in the first paragraph, the way that XF managed to stirke MRF was a bit confusing to me?
    Anyone fill me in?
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

My neck now reverted back to the original length. The best part is about to come .
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by linghuchong
    hehe, another series of awesome fight coming after this, great work CC.

1 Question, in the first paragraph, the way that XF managed to stirke MRF was a bit confusing to me?
    Anyone fill me in?
    From the chinese words, I gather that DCQ blasted a long distance double palm strike at Xiao Feng. Xiao Feng somehow managed to grab hold of this incoming force, add his own force to it, and threw the combo out at MRF. Pretty impressive stunt. JY compared it to MRF's Star Shifter which throws an opponents force back to highlight that Xiao Feng went one step further by combining it with his own force.

Originally posted by CC
    From the chinese words, I gather that DCQ blasted a long distance double palm strike at Xiao Feng. Xiao Feng somehow managed to grab hold of this incoming force, add his own force to it, and threw the combo out at MRF. Pretty impressive stunt. JY compared it to MRF's Star Shifter which throws an opponents force back to highlight that Xiao Feng went one step further by combining it with his own force.
    Xiao Feng rules. You can say whatever you want, but I really believe that he's the TOP DOG in the whole JY universe.

When it comes to fighting, he is the best bet out there, eventhough his internal power and external skills might not necesarily be the best. His killer instinst and fighting talent are second to none. He's a born natural fighter.

yeah, somehow XF just impresses you by how much of a talented fighter he is when it comes down to it, and even thought Xhu Zu has better inner energy, and DY has better techniques (assuming, IMO) he can probably still beat them in a actual fight. Just too much of a natural born fighter
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

He sure is the most talented natural born fighter out there, but I don't see what's inferior about his techniques. He knew HL18Z, Dog Beating Stick, advance Shaolin techniques and internal cultivation, and other. Not really that bad.

Not bad at all...but his story was set in the time of Bei Ming Shen Gong, Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, Xiao Wu Xiang Gong, Liu Mai Shen Jian, 8H6H Tien Di Wei Wo Du Zun Gong, and other 'super' martial arts forms.

But most of the stuff that are more advance are internal cultivation, not techniques.

I am of the view that Xiao Feng's techniques aren't lacking except maybe when compared to 6MSJ. And I would put Dragon Palms close to Liu Yang Zhang in rating.

Its the internal cultivation part where he got amazing results without top notch cultivation skills. He wasn't taught the advanced Shaolin forms.

Didn't XF did physical training to increase his inner power. It seem this physical training idea is a good way to increase inner power. He or she doesn't actually need instruction on how to do it, but just do it to an extreme.

Below are the CC's translation. Didn't check my PM yesterday.

Xu Zhu spoke to Xiao Feng : "Big Brother, this Old Xing Su Freak is guilty of killing my latter generation Master and fellow disciple as well as killing my former Sect Shaolin's reverend Xuan Nan and Xuan Tong. Your brother wants revenge!" Surprised and stunned, Xiao Feng asked : "You...." He never got to utter the second word because Xu Zhu had already struck out at Ding Chun Qiu with twin billowing palms.

Xiao Feng saw the exquisiteness of his palm technique and deep inner power and couldn't help feeling shock and joy, thinking : "So Second brother has such incredible martial skills, this is beyond my wildest expectations." He shouted : "Watch my fist!" With twin punches he struck out at Murong Fu and You Tan Zhi. Both Murong Fu and You Tan Zhi separately assumed defensive stances to block the fists while the 18 Khitan warriors understoof their Master's wish and surrounded Duan Yu to protect him.

Xu Zhu executed his Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, flying and dancing as he advanced. Back when Ding Chun Qiu had used his "Xiao Yao San Xiao San" on Su Xing He and Xu Zhu, Su Xing He had met a deadly end while Xu Zhu was unscathed. Thus Ding Chun Qiu was quite fearful of Xu Zhu and did not dare to use any poisonous techniques for fear that Xu Zhu was more skilled in poisons then himself and he would end up inflicting the poison on himself. Ding Chun Qiu utilised his Xiao Yao palm techniques to defend, thinking to himself : "This little thief had unlocked the Zhen Long Qi Ju and received the old bandit's legacy, becoming the Master of Xiao Yao Sect. The old bandit is full of devious tricks and might have planned an evil trap for me, I best be on my guard and not be careless."

The martial arts of Xiao Yao Sect emphasised gentle exquisteness and graceful speed, beautiful and elegant to behold. As Ding Chun Qiu and Xu Zhu exchanged blows, the sight was one of an old man with youthful skin and white hair looking like an immortal locked in combat with one possesed with cold determination and billowing monk robes. As the two of them advanced and retreated it looked as if a pair of butterflies were fluttering amongst the flowers in random dance, fulfilling the promise of the words 'Xiao Yao'. The crowd had never bourne witness to a display of Xiao Yao kung fu and were all enraptured and stunned with amazement, thinking "These two are striking blows meant to deal deadly death, yet each move is full of grace and beauty as if in a dance. This set of gentle yet forceful and elegant palm styles is totally unknown, which Sect does it belong to? What is it called?"

Meanwhile, Xiao Feng battled Murong Fu and You Tan Zhi alone. In the first 10 strokes he had gained the upper hand, yet after that he started feeling that each fist and palm attack of You Tan Zhi was full of extremely cold yin energy. As Xiao Feng was fighting Murong Fu with all his strength, You Tan Zhi attacked him again and he felt the cold yin energy chill his body, causing great discomfort. The poisonous energies of the silk ice worm had been conditioned and strengthened by the Yi Jin Jing, the righteous and the demonic fused, water and fire synergised to become one of the strongest and deadliest inner force under heaven and added to the miraculous techniques of Murong Fu's Star Shifting Stance, Xiao Feng was battling two ultimate fighters. Compared to that day in Ju Xian Manor against over a hundred fighters, this situation was not any easier. However, XIao Feng was born with divine martial talent and the deadlier the situation the more of his hidden potential will flare forward. Using the most extreme Yang technique under heaven - The 18 Dragon Slaying Palms, he shot out palm after palm, not allowing Murong Fu and You Tan Zhi any opening to close in, thus not allowing the Cold Yin poison of You Tan Zhi to invade his body. But using his palm strikes thus was immensely energy consuming and would result in him weakening in the end.

You Tan Zhi could see no opening for him to take advantage off, but Murong Fu's mind was clear as snow, knowing that if this went on for another hour, he and this Chief Zhuang would gain the upper hand. However, the saying "North Qiao Feng, South Murong" was well known and for him to accept this Chief Zhuang's assistance in victory would diminish the name of "South Murong" in relation to "North Qiao Feng" even if Qiao Feng was slain. Murong Fu calculated in his heart and thought : " My quest if of more importance then fame. If I can help the world destroy this great menace to the Central Plains, all the warriors of the Song Dynasty would owe me their gratitude. Looks like the title of "Supreme Leader of the Martial World" is due to be mine soon. All I will need to do is raise my hand in command and the Great Yan will be revived! Besides, if Xiao Feng is dead, "South Murong" being inferior to "North Qiao Feng" is of no consequence. Thinking again, he thought : "If Xiao Feng is slain, Zhuang Ju Xian would become a great foe and should the title of Supreme Leader fall to him, I would have to take orders from him and that would be a disaster!" Thinking thus, Murong Fu reserved part of his strength everytime he struck out with a blow and only made a show of exerting his full force and ignoring danger. The power of Xiao Feng's 18 Dragon Slaying Palms was thus largely absorbed by You Tan Zhi. As Murong Fu's skills were deep and amazing, none of the onlookers could see through his act.

In a short instance, the 3 fighters had fiercely battled over 100 strokes. Xiao Feng repeatedly tricked the inexperienced You Tan Zhi into unfavourable situations and it was all due to Murong Fu's intervention that relieved the danger. However, the unparalled ferocity of Xiao Feng's palm strikes were all endured by You Tan Zhi's deep inner strength.

Duan Yu stood amidst the 18 Khitan warriors and saw both his sworn brothers press forward, not yielding an inch. His big brother was fighting solo against two, although exhibiting an awesome aura, every one of his palm strokes were executed with thundering power, sending sand flying all over. Fearing that Xiao Feng could not keep it up he thought to himself : " Although I have sworn to share all dangers with my 2 big brothers, I am hiding here now while both are facing danger. What kind of righteous spirit is this? This is not sharing weal and woe? The 3 of us have sworn brotherhood, how can this third brother not be worthy. Although I am without martial arts but I can use the Encroaching Ripples of the Subtle Steps "Ling Bo Wei Bu" to pester Murong Fu, allowing Big Brother to first smack that ugly Chief Zhuang back. That would be good."

With his mind determined, Duan Yu dodged between the 18 Khitan warriors and shouted out : "Master Murong, your name ranks together with my Big Brother, so you should be dueling one on one with him, how can you seek another's help? Even if you managed to struggle to a draw, wouldn't it be a shame to your name? Come come come, if you have the ability come test your fist on me." As he spoke, he rushed forward in a flash and closed in on Murong Fu's body, stretching out his hands to grab hold of the back of Murong Fu's neck.

Murong Fu saw that he approached with amazing speed and sent a palm strike backwards, hitting his face. Duan Yu's right cheek had its skin burst and blood gushed forth, causing him to tear in pain. His Ling Bo Wei Bu was capable of amazing movement when he executed it, it would be very hard for anyone to hit him, but this time he was trying to attack someone else. With his clumsy attempt to grab, how could he catch hold of the supremely skilled Gu Su Murong? Being struck with a palm, Duan Yu did not know how to dodge and his skin and flesh was torn, causing him pain beyond words.

However, in the brief instant that Murong Fu's palm touched his cheeks, he felt the inner strength from his body gush outwards and disappear without a trace and his hand felt numb. In shock he thought : "Xing Su Sect's evil poison techniques! This little pest has learnt it too, I better be careful." "Little boy Duan, when have you joined the Xing Su Sect?" , he cursed

Duan Yu uttered, "You said what......". Before he finished his sentence, Murong Fu's leg flew outwards with a kick, sending him tumbling Murong Fu did not anticipate that his sneak strike would suceed and gleefully rushed forward, planting his right foot on Duan Yu's chest, saying "Do you want to live or die?" Duan Yu twisted his head and saw that Xiao Feng was still locked in the fight with You Tan Zhi and thought that if he rebutted Murong Fu and got himself killed, Murong Fu would rejoin the fight and put his big brother in an unfavourable situation again. Trying to waste time with him, he said "What good is there in death? Of course I want to live on, that would be a better choice."

Seeing that Duan Yu was still talking disrespectfully, Murong Fu's face darkened and said: "If you want to live, then..". He thought about calling Xiao Feng to bow a hundred times to him in order to disgrace him but thinking that Duan Yu's footwork was so amazing, it would be difficult to capture him again if he was set free. "...then call me Father a hundred times!" Duan Yu chortled : "You are only my senior by a few years, how can you be my father? Have you no shame?" Murong Fu sent out a palm strike with a 'Hu' sound and struck the ground next to Duan Yu's head, sending dust and dirt flying, leaving a hole in the ground. If the palm strike had been an inch closer, Duan Yu's head would have burst open. Murong Fu retorted : "Are you going to call out or not?"

As Duan Yu inclined his head and saw the indentation on the ground, he caught a glimpse of Wang Yu Yan standing with Bao Bu Tong and Feng Bo Er standing at the side, far away. Although her eyes were on Duan Yu, there was not even one glimmer of concern on her face, obviously she was only thinking in her heart : "Will cousin kill Master Duan?" Even if her cousin killed Duan Yu, she would not feel any sadness or pain. Looking at Wang Yu Yan's reaction, Duan Yu felt great sadness and thought that dying in Murong Fu's hand was better then living in such torment so he replied in sorrow : "Why don't you call me Father a hundred times instead?"

Murong Fu was furious and raised his right palm, aiming at Duan Yu's head when suddenly 2 figures shot out like an arrow. One shouted "Don't harm my son!" and the other yelled "Don't hurt my master". Although both moved very fast it was not enough to stop Murong Fu from hitting Duan Yu, however both Duan Zheng Chun and Divine Croc of the South Seas were top class fighters and launched separate palm strikes at Murong Fu's back.

If Murong Fu did not immediately defend he could have killed Duan Yu but end up receving serious injuries. So he retracted his right palm to block the twin palms of Duan Zheng Chun while his left palm draw a circle behind his back to dissipate the force of Divine Croc's attack. All 3 fighters struck with deadly force, shocking each other and realising how formidable their opponents were. Duan Zheng Chun was desparate to save his precious son so his right hand struck out with a stance from the Yi Yang Zhi, the move steady and full of inner force.

Wang Yu Yan screamed out : "Watch out cousin! This is the Dali Duan Clan's Yi Yang Zhi, don't underestimate it!"
    Last edited by Han Solo; 11-24-03 at 11:37 PM.