Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 41. Fight at Shaolin.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Yang Guo
    According to the 96 version... I think their ages were like 96 93 and uh... Li somewhere in between

#
    Let's stick to the novel. I'll paste Athena's posting below:

Athena

TianShan TongLao was 96 years old.
    WuYa Zi was 93 years old.
    Li QiuShui was somewhere between 80 something and 90 years old.

Originally posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    #
    Let's stick to the novel. I'll paste Athena's posting below:

Athena

TianShan TongLao was 96 years old.
    WuYa Zi was 93 years old.
    Li QiuShui was somewhere between 80 something and 90 years old.
    That's what I said

When do they start praticing Xiao Yao sect's kungfu?
    Being 96 for Wu Ya Zi does not meant that he passed on 96 years of inner power. From recollection, his inner power was probably around 70+ years. Am i right?

Originally posted by Han Solo
    When do they start praticing Xiao Yao sect's kungfu?
    Being 96 for Wu Ya Zi does not meant that he passed on 96 years of inner power. From recollection, his inner power was probably around 70+ years. Am i right?
    yes, I think that's what was mentioned

Default .

Its quite hard to quantify inner power since different people acheive different results even if training the same kung fu.

E.g. look at what Xiao Feng acheived with Shaolin inner power and compare to the relatively weak Shaolin monks all who trained much longer then him.

So whether Xu Zhu received 200 years or 270 years is not quite as relevant as how much quality he received.

If Wu Ya Zi gave him 70+ years and we assume Tong Lao and LQS have about 70 years each we get

70+.9*70+.9*70 = 196 as the abosolute minimum Xu Zhu has.
    But that still means nothing without knowing the quality. Ok we know it was damn good quality, but how good?

Default continued....

Ok ok enough sidetracking. I know some of you can't wait to see the mighty XF kick butt. I didn't have time to ranslate much though. And there is still a lot more to go for cap 41 and 42 to finish off the whole long string of fights at Shaolin.

Although the voice was not particularly loud, it was able to register clearly in the ears of everybody gathered on the mountainside, rendering them speechless and quiet for a while.

The thunderous sounds of galloping horses could be heard as a group of over 10 riders charged like the wind into view. The riders were all garbed in dark felt cloaks and all carried a commanding presence while the horses were all huge, robust and powerful beasts. The horses were black all over but as they galloped into view, the crowd could see the glint of gold and realised that all the horses were clad with horseshoes beaten out from pure gold. As they pulled closer, it could be seen that the group of riders numbered 19, but their heroic air and noble presence was like an army of a thousand troops. The front 18 riders rode up and quickly parted into 2 rows and the last horse galloped in between them into view.

Amongst the gathered Beggar Sect members, many started shouting wildly and frantically : "CHIEF QIAO! CHIEF QIAO!" as over a hundred beggars rushed out to bow before the last horseman.

This man was indeed Xiao Feng! After he had been cast out of the Beggar Sect, he had thought that the Sect members all viewed him with hate and contempt, never did he expect that so many veteren members would rush forward to greet him so warmly. Flushed with emotion, tears flowed from his eyes as he jumped off his steed and returned the greetings : " The Khitan Xiao Feng has been expelled from the Beggar Sect and has no more ties with the Sect, why does everyone still use my old title? Brothers, how have you all been?" With the last sentence, emotion overcame him as he could not hold back the old feelings of friendship and comradeship any longer.

Those who has rushed forward to greet him were all the 3 and 4 pouched disciples of the Beggar Sect. Those of lower rank were either raw recruits or had been to low ranked to have any contact with the Chief and the senior 5 and 6 pouched disciples were more matured and thus did not have the impulsive nature and hot blood of the younger members. Of those hundred or so members that had rushed forward, it was only after the moment of impulsiveness that they realised that they had acted too quickly. This person was after all a Khitan and an enemy. Some of them immediately lowered their heads and quietly retreated, yet others stubbornly remained, crying out "Qiao.....Qiao......how has elder been? We have all.... all thought of you every day and night."

Ever since that day when Ah Zi had suddenly ran away without warning, Xiao Feng had frantically sent out large numbers of scouts to find out her whereabouts. After several months, some had finally returned with the news that she was with the Beggar Sect and that mysterious Iron Masked man was with her.

Xiao Feng was deeply worried as he knew that Beggar Sect had deep greivances against himself and might harm Ah Zi should they have taken her captive. Anxious to rescue her, he immediately took 2 months leave from the Emporer and rushed southwards.

Xiao Feng had come to the Central Plains well prepared. The "18 Riders of the Swallow Clouds" (**Yan Yun Shi Ba Qi**) which he had chosen to ride south with him were all highly skilled Khitan fighters. During his previous fight at Ju Xian Manor, it was the sudden appearance of that mysterious hero which saved him from being hacked apart. That experience showed him that t fighting one against a hundred, even the most skilled fighter could not prevail. Thus he had brought with him these 18 riders, each who could fight like 10 men and each riding the swiftest horse. With these prized horses, it would not be too hard to escape even from the most dangerous situations.

As the group reached Henan province, Xiao Feng intercepted a low ranking member of the Beggar Sect and found out from him that Ah Zi had been blinded and followed the new leader around closely and was on the way to Shaolin Temple. Worried that in her crippled state she would be the subject of even more beatings and mistreatment from the Beggar Sect (**don't we wish huh?**), he frantically rushed towards Shaolin, hoping to rescue her midway and thus avoiding any run in with the Shaolin monks.

As he reached the slopes of Shao Shi mountain, he heard the louds shouts of the Xing Su members proclaiming that the Xing Su skills were far superior to the 18 Dragon Slaying Palms and could not help feeling enraged. Although he was no longer the Chief of Beggar Sect, the 18 Dragon Slaying Palms were taught to him by his beloved teacher Wang Jian Tong so how could he let a bunch of riff-raff belittle it so? After riding up and greeting the Beggars, he quickly saw that Ding Chun Qiu was grabbing on to a young girl dressed in purple with a slender body, smooth white skin and an almond shaped face. It was indeed Ah Zi even though her eyes were lifeless and blind.

Xiao Feng felt both pain and rage in his heart. With giant strides he charged forward as his swung his left hand in a crescent and pushed out with a palm strike from his right arm towards Ding Chun Qiu. This was the "Mighty Dragon Regrets" (**Kang Long You Hui**), a technique from the 18 Dragon Slaying Palms. The distance between himself and Ding Chun Qiu when he struck out with his palm was over 150 feet but the blazing speed with which
    he advanced was such that in a flash, both Xiao Feng and the palm energy was not more then 80 feet from Ding Chun Qiu.

Of all the kung fu techniques in the world, no matter how strong your palm strike, there was no way a single palm blow could strike over a distance of over 50 feet (**notice how it says 50 feet here, while earlier in the chapter the limit was 20 feet**). Ding Chun Qiu had long heard of the saying "North Qiao Feng, South Murong" and was not one to underestimate him. However, seeing that he struck out from over a distance of 150 feet, he never expected that the blow was aimed at him. It was thus unexpected that Xiao Feng was already within 30-40 feet of him and had struck out with another "Mighty Dragon Regrets", the force of both palms surging forward like a mountain shaking tidal wave.

In the face of such a fierce and blindingly swift attack, Ding Chun Qiu could not even breath, the oncoming palm force was like a furious wall of invisible force and he knew that if he tried to match it with his own palm, his arms and wrist would definitely be smashed to bits and possibly even his entire body would be smashed into bone fragments. In a panic, he flung Ah Zi away and frantically drew three semi-circles with his two arms to protect
    his body while leaping backwards.

Xiao Feng followed up with yet another "Mighty Dragon Regrets", the palm force merging with the previous strikes. Ding Chun Qiu did not dare to meet this attack head on and used his right arm to deflect the oncoming strike at an angle. His arm felt full of numbness and needle sharp pain and his chest was constricted and unable to breath as he let the force push him back about 30 feet. Fearful that Xiao Feng would follow up with another attack, he pressed his palms to his chest and quietly gathered all his poisonous energies into his palms. But Xiao Feng only swept his arms up lightly and caught Ah Zi from mid air, un-blocking her sealed meridian points at the same time.

Ah Zi was blind and could not speak out all this time as her meridian points had been blocked, yet she heard everything that went on clearly. The moment Xiao Feng unblocked her pressure points, she gushed out : "Good brother-in-law! Thankfully you came to save me!"

Xiao Feng's heart was awash with pain as he gently comforted : "Ah Zi! These past months must have been hard on you. It is all my fault!" He knew that the Beggar Sect hated him and Ah Zi was his only kin in the world, as he rushed to save her it never occured to him that all this was Ah Zi's own evil doings.

The heroes assembled on the mountain were all shocked by Xiao Feng's appearance. During the previous fight at Ju Xian Manor, he had single handedly killed over 10 elite fighters, shaking the entire martial world with his skill and power. The heroes of the Central Plains were all seething with hate towards him and seeing that he had come to Shaolin, realised that another violent confrontation was inevitable. However, those who had been present at Ju Xian Manor all recalled the horrible scenes of blood and rendered flesh and felt a lingering fear as they shivered with fright. Mutely watching as he soundly defeated that seemingly invincible Old Xing Su Freak with a single "Mighty Dragon Regrets" technique, their fear only increased and everyone was left speechless.

Great work CC!! MORE!! MORE!!!

Go Qiao Feng, beat up that old bag
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default .

Originally posted by superboy
    Go Qiao Feng, beat up that old bag

Aww, you guys already know by now that its not going to be
    Xiao Feng who gets the final beat up on Ding right?

I don't get how QF struck his palms. Why were he releasing a palm at 150 ft and suddently it was 30 feet. And what's the distance between QF and DCQ when he got pushed 30 ft?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Xiao Feng moved in on him really fast

In one of the adaptation, QF knew the dragon claw which he can grab stuff from a distance. Was that only in the series or is it also in the novel?

And thus we now understand the secret of how XF did his 150 feet blast. This particular move he used is the exact same move that GJ will use later against OYF

Although Guo Jing knew that his master was falling, it wasn't going to be serious but Ou Yang Feng had used his back to launch a lethal attack so he shouted, "Watch out!" His left leg bent, his right palmed circled, and then pushed out; it was the Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms' ‘Overcoming the Dragon with Regret' (Kang Long You Hui). He had practised this particular stance night and day without a break, when he first learnt the stance its power was obvious, but after ten years off practising, it was now at a flawless level. When he first unleashed it, it looked light and fragile but when it meets an obstruction, it will be able to unleash its force in thirteen levels, the next level stronger than the last one, it will yield the unyielding, no force it can't overcome.
    Ou Yang Feng had just knocked Ke Zhen E off the roof when he suddenly felt a gust of wind throwing itself at him, although the wind wasn't strong, it caused his breathing to be uneven, and knew it wasn't something ordinary so quickly crouched down and pushed out his two palms, it was his most refined skill ‘Toad Stance'. They exchanged three palms, both of them were hit once. Guo Jing's palm strength increased, the next level higher than the last, like a torrential waves throwing itself forwards. Ou Yang Feng made two ‘Ka Ka' noises, his body getting lower, as if he was going to fall down any minute. Guo Jing's palms were getting stronger, his counteracting strength also increased.

Now GJ at this particular moment isn't even close to XF's level in internal energy (although in 20 years he may be, but this was never described) but note that the tremendous force of his blow was also felt by OYF from a distance.

GJ's version of this move is more conservative in energy, but ends off with the same power (level 13). So most likely XF's first blow would also be more strong even if not for his greater internal energy.

Therefore the combination of the nature of XF's attack in addition to his high level of internal energy allowed him to make a long ranged blast.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: This move works because of the follow-up palms, each one boosting the power even further.

If QF were in the Condor Era, he should be the #1 fighter, not WCY and is probably able to take on two Greats or more at one time. And do HL18Z actually has levels of power? What is the highest level and which move is it?

No, I wasn't referring to HL18P. I was referring to the particular technique that XF (and GJ) used.

This technique can be seen to reinforce as blast with another followup blast. I bet XF uses about 3-5 blasts before building up to the greatest power.

GJ had modified his particular palms so that it doesn't increase as much per blast but ultimately reaches the same power level (assuming all other factors equal) and can repeat blasts quickly if required (hence saving energy if the extra power isn't needed).

Probably something to do with combining 9 Yin into it

It has everything to do with 9 Yin. GJ modified the palms by applying 9 Yin theories to them.

So which one is more powerful, QF's or GJ's.

From descriptions, QF has the more powerful palm.

But we don't know how GJ at the end of ROCH stacks up.

This doesn't tell us anything about GJ's technique versus QF's technique. We just know that QF's palms appear to be more powerful.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChronoReverse
    [B]

Now GJ at this particular moment isn't even close to XF's level in internal energy (although in 20 years he may be, but this was never described)

#
    I don't know how you come to the above conclusion (btw Have you read both novels? Or do you just look at TV adaptations?). The episode you mentioned: the GJ - OYF clash was at the beginning of ROCH, at that time GJ was about 35 years old, about the same age as XF in DGSD. As YG said, GJ also benefitted immensely from JYSG. So at that time, GJ would be about as powerful as XF (in matters of inner energy).

Your estimate that GJ at the end of ROCH (then he would be 50 years of age - about 20 years from then) would be close in matters of inner energy to the 30 year old XF IMHO is totally wrong. GJ would be much better then.