Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Chapter 41. Fight at Shaolin.

Wow... great scene.
    Thanks for the translation.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Thought I'll dump my rough translation here.
    It's not rough at all. Your vocabulary is very rich.

Wow, you made me interested in a Jin Yong translation, even though I've seen 2 adaptations of this story. Good job.

GO XIAO FENG!! BEAT THEM ALL DOWN!!!

Hehe, couldn't help myself.

Xu Zhu is coming up
    Yo momma cat

Damn, and the most exciting part was coming. QF is going to kick ***.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Default .

Originally posted by JiaMoZhi
    It's not rough at all. Your vocabulary is very rich.

Wow, you made me interested in a Jin Yong translation, even though I've seen 2 adaptations of this story. Good job.
    It is a rough translation. My mandarin isn't good enough to properly translate 100% of the stuff JY wrote. There might be some errors and ommisions.

This is excellent, CC Take your time to finish this most exciting chapter.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

thanks for the awesome translation CC.I've never read this story before so your work is much appreciated.It certainly is a great prequel for the condor trilogy. Exciting stuff! Xiao Feng gonna kick some!
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Edit : Bah! replied to wrong thread.

can anyone help me with the way around.
    It seems like DSGS start from 1-4 and jump to 41????..please and thanx

Originally posted by fulim1410
    can anyone help me with the way around.
    It seems like DSGS start from 1-4 and jump to 41????..please and thanx
    Moinllieon has translated chap 1-4.
    CC is kind enough to satisfy our lust for QF's *** kickings by translating the major fight at shaolin. (chap 41)
    "Man is his own star; and the soul that can
    Render an honest and a perfect man,
    Commands all light, all influence, all fate;
    Nothing to him falls early or too late.
    Our acts our angels are, or good or ill,
    Our fatal shadows that walk by us still."

Default .

Parts of Chapter 39 and the Xu Zhu vs Jiu Mo Zhi fight are out on the other threads too.

DGSD is one HUGE book. It will take a long long time to fully translate unless someone takes up a full time job doing it.

oh..i thought i miss out the translation..thanks for the clarification.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Default Re: .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CC
    [B]Parts of Chapter 39 and the Xu Zhu vs Jiu Mo Zhi fight are out on the other threads too.

For reasons of titling my files I need to know in which chapter of DGSD that XZ vs JMZ fight is.

thx

bill

I attached CC's translation of the JMZ vs XZ fight in the Chap 39 thread. In the book it is in the chap 39-40.

CC, are you continuing with the rest of this fight scene, or will that be it? How much longer will it be?

Default .

Originally posted by KJ
    CC, are you continuing with the rest of this fight scene, or will that be it? How much longer will it be?
    Its going to be a lot longer. We aren't even halfway thru with the bashfest. A lot more people are going to fight. The fights lasts through to Chap. 42 and we arent even done with 41 yet.

Not trying to be rude, but are you continuing with this chapter and the next? I'm just trying to know what is going on. If not you, then is someone else going to translate it, or will we have to wait until Moin gets to this chapter.

OK KJ, this one is just for you! Don't complain that its too short though! Not really in the translating zone right now.

Ding Chun Qiu had tasted the might of his palm strength and immediately resisted with his utmost force using both his palms. Xiao Feng seized the opportunity to pull in his palm force and diverted it in a splitting blow towards Murong Fu. Murong Fu's most adept technique was his Star Shifting Movement (**Dou Zhuai Xing Yi**) which turns an opponents force back against him but Xiao Feng actually captured both his and his opponents strength in one strike of tremendous power and speed. This left Murong Fu with no hope of diverting the blow and he summoned all his inner strength to resist with both palms while leaping 30 feet backward. (***You see???? Xiao Feng isn't just pure Yang full power dragon palm blasting hero, he is actually versatile and capable of such incredible feats. Z3F would be proud! No QKDNY, Taichi or Dou Zhuai Xing Yi needed, just pure fighting instinct***)

Xiao Feng twisted his body by a small movement and avoided Murong Fu's return strike, with a huge yell and and a ear splitting punch his right fist unleashed a strike at You Tan Zhi. Xiao Feng's huge physique was a full head taller then You Tan Zhi and this punch was aimed square at You Tan Zhi's face. You Tan Zhi had always been in awe of Xiao Feng and this strike was loud as a thunderclap, scaring him out of his wits. This fist of Xiao Feng was extremely fast, the three movements of ; palm strike at Ding Chun Qiu, diverting strike at Murong Fu and punch to You Tan Zhi was executed as fast as a bolt of lightning. You Tan Zhi could not think of a response before the fist was at his face, but ever since he had practised hard with the Yi Jin Jing his body was capable of reacting without conscious thought. While his thoughts were still muddled, his body had already flipped backwards twice through the air to narrowly avoid the thousand catties of punching power.

While You Tan Zhi's face was still full of shock, he heard a loud exclamation from the assembled crowd and noticed pieces of his mask fluttering like butterflies in the wind after it was split to pieces by Xiao Feng's strike. The onlookers could see the pits and lumps on his face, some red, some black and his orifices all rotten and scarred. His hideous appearance was shocking to behold.

In 3 blows Xiao Feng had forced 3 of the most powerful fighters in the world to retreat and his great fighting spirit swelled "BRING ME WINE!" he shouted. A Khitan warrior took a large leather wineskin from a dead Khitan steed and hurried up to offer it with both hands. Xiao Feng pulled out the stopper and raised the wineskin high over his head as a stream of white wine poured down. The wineskin contained at least 20 catties of wine but Xiao Feng raised his head and gulped down everything in one breadth. His abdomen buldged slightly but his dark expression remained the same as he showed no signs of being intoxicated. As the crowd looked at each other in wonder, Xiao Feng motioned with his right hand and the remaining 17 Khitan warriors raced to his side, each holding a large wineskin.

Ok thats it for today. As I said, not really in the zone right now.

Xiao Feng is indeed awesome, he's probably the best natural fighter in all JY novels.
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-17-03 at 03:40 PM.