Ella Koon
    Kate Tsui
    Ben Wong
    Derek Kwok
    Lo Lok Lam
    Elaine Ng
    MC Jin
    Jazz Lam

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Yo7xeUz-Z90/UFxfceBM88I/AAAAAAAA13g/epbuGgtx1GQ/s1600/image.jpg')hHello ,have anyone watching this drama here already?

Yep.. looking good so far.

Raymond Lam's first take as a detective if I'm not wrong. His character isn't entirely fresh, but I'm liking it so far.

Michael Miu is steady as always. Other characters haven't had much exposure yet (duh, I'm only at episode 1) but so far I like the chemistry between Kate and MC Jin.

Where are you guys watching this? I wanna see Miu Kiu Wai in action
    玉木宏

blog

junny
    Where are you guys watching this?
    um...i don't know about the others, but i watch it in the TV?
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

I've only seen three episodes so far and I like it. I'm interested in seeing how this series progress.

I finally watched the first two episodes, so far so good. Have always liked cop shows and Miu Kiu Wai is pretty cool as a cop Raymond's not too natural as the wise-cracking dude, he's much better when he's being serious at work.
    玉木宏

blog

Watched only first 5 eps and lost interest. I love Michael Miu, but not everyone else in the series. Raymond's character is too overhyped. He wasn't very natural playing a care-free with peculiar attitude. I like him, but it's not his best performance. Never liked Katie's acting and her character is annoying. Hearing all the hype about her rape-scene though. How did that go? Which eps was it in?

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

Kate's much touted scene is in episode 22, I think.

For a fast paced cop series this one really drags. I mean it drags even more than FH3 which became really technical in some parts but that was okay because science talk over action was expected. This show just crawls and limps.

Ray started out okay if a bit uncomfortable now he has gone emo and forlorn again. Michael Mui's is good actor but his story/dialogue is uninteresting. MC Jin was good comic relief in Laughing Gor series, he is annoying here as the plot device that always gets into trouble. For whatever reason I do not want to watch any scenes with Elanne (Michael Miu's ex wife character). Ella Koon is surprisingly sweet but she seems secondary and one dimensional.

Special props to Kate but she alone cannot move the narrative forward - also zero chemistry with Raymond Lam that she had with Bosco.

In this cop drama, I was hoping for some good character studies like in Gun Metal Grey or turn off my brain fun action in Tiger Cubs. So far nothing, so I power on through episode 21. Very much relying on Kate to bring the drama after she goes to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Ray started out okay if a bit uncomfortable now he has gone emo and forlorn again.
    spot on .
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

*SPOILERS AHEAD* Finishing thoughts on the series. *SPOILERS AHEAD* (Mods - not using the hidden function because series is over.

The much touted rape scene that supposedly showcases Kate's acting had a cutaway shot of her in a black t-shirt out cold on the ground and several men laughing/cheering lecherously for about 3 sec. Then had Kate crying/raging about it in front of Ray/Ella for about 30 sec. .... Oscar material /sarcasm

Pat (Kate) officially turned over to the dark side after being forcibly addicted to heroin. Here the scriptwriters decided to "add complexity" to her character by making her a drug queen with vengeance plan that everyone should feel bad for because she is so tragic. I felt pity for her character but somehow I lost respect for her character because I think she should be stronger and more unapologetic... I think the word is "colder". Kate was better in Relic of Emissary as assassin in that respect so I know she can pull it off. The writers keep on giving her passive "outs" like when Ben takes advantage of her when she is drugged up (or her acting decision not up to par) - like more vulnerable or more seductive to explain why she becomes his girlfriend after one night stand. It was no secret (to the audience) she was out for revenge but she never plays aggressor, it is victim card after victim card.

Raymond Lam pretty much stays emo or bad mood or angry or sad for the rest of the series except the last couple of scenes. No surprises and no witty supernatural detective powers.

Ben Wong is replaying Spicy Ginger from LOO slightly toned down.

Okay, I don't really care to watch explicit rape scene but I don't understand how Kate is getting all these praises, nominations and publicity for eps 22? Even if the director editted the scenes so it would be more TV appriopriate, but how the heck is one suppose to judge her acting (since everyone keeps saying she was really good in that scene) when all you see is she knocked out on the ground and then 3 men laughing???

This series is a huge disappoinment, IMO.

"Wait a minute! Of Course! That's it! If I'm drunk I'll be calm and if I'm calm I'll be nice, and if I'm nice then I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball I'm going to get good and tight!"

Yea..i think people should just move on from her "gang rape scene" when we see none of her acting. Neveertheless kate does have quite some good scenes throughout the series, so i'm still rooting for her in the upcoming TVb anniversary awards!

http://k-tvb.net/highs-and-lows-raym...kate-scenes-3/

I found it a mixed bag, but average overall. I liked the exploration of the four cops being 'forced' to break the law due to circumstances. Ben Wong was good at being just the right amount of slimy and evil at any point in time as his character arc progressed. The action was pretty good.

The bad included the most of series being more comic book-like than gritty, Kate Tsui being made to cry throughout the last few episodes, and her character's fatalist turn after being crafty and opportunistic early on.