Thread: Game Plan 千方百计

Default Game Plan 千方百计

Currently showing on Singapore TV.
    Produced by Wawa Pictures, which generally produces series that are better than Mediacorp's own series despite the budget.

Game Plan is a TV drama about conmen and deceptions.
    Starring Christopher Lee, Jessica Liu, Jacelyn Tay and Shaun Chen.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    Produced by Wawa Pictures, which generally produces series that are better than Mediacorp's own series despite the budget...
    I agree Wawa productions, including this one, are better than the average Mediacorp show.

However, what "better" means is subjective. I know people who prefer Justice In The City 《庭外和解》 - the joint production with ntv7 being shown in Singapore at 7 pm - over this show.

Also, I'm not sure why you say "despite the budget". Is the budget for the average Wawa production lower than the budget for the average Mediacorp studio production? My impression is that, once you cost everything properly, including time - Wawa makes fewer shows than Mediacorp studios, so I'd assume they take longer time to make them - it's probably higher, especially on a per-episode basis, since Wawa often makes shorter productions.

And speaking of shorter productions, I find that Wawa's 13-episode dramas normally shown at 10 pm on Channel U tend to be better than the 20-episode ones shown at 9 pm. Secrets for Sale 《拍。卖》 and Show Hand《注定》 are some of the best TV shows to have come out of Singapore, in my opinion.