Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

Quote Originally Posted by JadeHeart View Post
    Well anybody can surpass Liu Yifei...besides appearance that is. I'd rather want some ugly and talented than someone beautiful and blah.
    Honestly, her appearance is quite overrated as well. She has a rodent-like face.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Well, Liu Yi Fei is very beautiful to me. And regardless of acting abilities, I can't see anyone surpassing her WYY performance by too much as there really isn't much one can do with a character like WYY. The character is a flower vase to the core, all the actress has to do is stand there and be admired by Duan Yu.

To me, the casting is pretty strange. I don't know which Zhang Meng this is referring to, but I can't see either of them as WYY. I don't see the point of having a Korean DY either. And Wallace Chung as QF is a real miscast.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Strangely enough, I think Wallace Huo would make a great MRF! Who's casted as MRF in here?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Well..yeah...rodent-like but still pretty you can't deny. At least it's all natural

I'm still having doubts about this production until I see pictures...especially that Korean guy. Is he like really popular in Korea or something?? Hmm.

I wonder which version of ending they're doing?? 'Cause I heard the latest edition of DGSD had DY and WYY separated!! It would of been a miracle if they did that in the '03 version XD

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Strangely enough, I think Wallace Huo would make a great MRF! Who's casted as MRF in here?
    OHH MAIII GAAWD YEAH!! That would be awesome.

Oh yes we need to see a complete list here.

Kim Bum is good-looking enough to play DY. I'm not too worried about that. But how come of all the Chinese pretty boys out there, they couldn't even find one for this role?

ZM as WYY is alright too...though it would be very hard to surpass LYF. I thought LYF did a great job as WYY as there's really not much acting required. All she had to do was stand there and look pretty. Hate on her all you want, but LYF has the classic timeless Chinese beauty look. She looks like a painting come alive.

While Wallace isn't a terrible actor, but he's just not XF. =/

Wallace Chung sure has that looks... like he got tricks up his sleeves. Like someone mentioned above, I wouldn't mind seeing changes to the story, in fact, can even make this a parody.

Another costume of Wallace...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/3ffad8edgw1dys81dxh0ij.jpg')

This is Kim, sorry no pictures of him in costume yet
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6b5a7917gw1dyqf0mlw02j.jpg')

History of actresses who portrayed Wang Yuyan (as well as XLN-first 3).
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/a015dc23gw1dyjdq0uoqvj.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-12-12 at 02:27 AM.

Okay!!! is it just me or Wallace costume is just ridiculous looking??? (Do not stone me) just my opinion. I know the production can do better than that but it seems like they're not even trying, if I remember correctly QF costume in the 2003 ver was way better even though the actor was not as good looking but he was good....(Do not stone me)
    Last edited by C-luv-H; 11-12-12 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Another costume of Wallace...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/3ffad8edgw1dys81dxh0ij.jpg')

He look like one of those guys from King of throne or some warlord something....

BTS....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/738b47ddjw1dysgv4xgbrj.jpg')

QF's suppose to be a Beggar not a King...:P

Is it just me or do Korean actors all look the same in certain ways?? XD I mean, they're fairly good looking but they don't have uniqueness in their appearance. I mean...all Korean actors have around the same standard for their features...

Damn the the korean actor playing DY is such a pretty boy, hes way prettier then me. Hope he can beat Jimmy...

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    Damn the the korean actor playing DY is such a pretty boy, hes way prettier then me. Hope he can beat Jimmy...
    Impossible X3

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    This is Kim, sorry no pictures of him in costume yet
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6b5a7917gw1dyqf0mlw02j.jpg')

History of actresses who portrayed Wang Yuyan (as well as XLN-first 3).
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/a015dc23gw1dyjdq0uoqvj.jpg')
    The actor who plays DY looks suitable.

The first three actresses for WYY looks suitable. WYY is supposed to look fairy-like. The fourth looks a bit fierce and the fifth not so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Yeah I think so. I really hope someone who has a good looking to be casted as MRF.
    Safety First!!
    No work is so urgent that you can forget safety!

Fans were speculating this is Zhang Meng as WYY...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/725439a4jw1dyt7a8bn20j.jpg')

Must be difficult shooting this scene....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/ae750941jw1dytdj4jetxj.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-13-12 at 02:39 AM.

[QUOTE=JadeHeart;1053465]QF's suppose to be a Beggar not a King...:P QUOTE]

He was made the Lord of the Southern Provinces for a short while while his brotherhood lasted with Yelu Hongji. So I guess the purple outfit is probabaly from that arc of the story.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

So exciting! Let's hope it'll be better than the 2003 version.

The 2003 version is the worst. Both in acting, cast, and editing.

The scenery was pretty but that was about it.

And I loathed LYF as WYY. She was so whiny and wooden. That entire series I wish DY would leave her! Actually I felt the same way when she was XLN as well. Though I did like her in Chinese Paladin but Ada totally outshone her.

I think the best WYY are the first 2 TVB versions, Carmen and Kathy. They were so pretty and elegant. Exactly how I imagined her.

And yeah, I think Wallace doesn't fit Qiao Feng's role. He doesn't seem commanding to me. The 2003 version wasn't that great either as I felt he was too short (or didn't carry himself well). But the TVB versions were great! Both Bryan and Felix carried him really well.

After recently watching Cuo Dian Yuan Yang (错点鸳鸯) I think that Qi JI would have been perfect for Qiao Feng. He's tall, imposing, and has a super-death stare

Oh well. Overall I'm a bit disappointed they're doing another remake. Especially because the cast is so mediocre.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Zhang Meng looks much too old for Kim? He actually fits DY pretty well and I'm glad there's more pan-Asian collaboration.