Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1085

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

LOL...It's been too long since I watched that version. I'm not sure what's worse: Chow Yun-Fat as LHC, or Yu Zheng's interpretation of The Smiling, Proud Wanderer.

Yu Zheng's version is worse. lol

First off, just wanted to say that this 2013 version of Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils is actually really well made, far surpassed my expectations. I'm a little more than half way through the series and I've been really annoyed by Jia Qing, the actress who played both Ah Zhu and Ah Zhi. Why did Lai Shui Qing cast her as the two women that Xiao Feng loves the most? She ruined this series for me. Jia Qing just can't act, and isn't pretty nor charming enough to play either Ah Zhu or Ah Zhi. What's with the constant eye shifting and lip puckering that she keeps doing as Ah Zhi? All of these unnecessary behaviors make it seem like she's playing a comical role in a comedy when she should act more natural since this is an action drama. I didn't feel anything for her when Ah Zhu died when this is probably one of, if not the most touching scene in the entire story. Jia Qing reminds me a lot of Liu Shi Shi.

I am at episode 2 now, though I am not impressed with the show I will try to finish watching this. Just curious, are there any explanations for the poor viewership for this show?

Anybody know where I can watch the complete English sub for this series? I think viki stopped to a certain episode when I last checked.

does anyone know the name of the sad instrumental that is always playing in the background of this drama?

I just finish watching this series a couple of days ago, in fast forward mode! I dislike this version, probably the worst one I've seen out of all the adaptations so far! The CGI was so ugly here, they revision of Wang yu yan ending with MRF was a surprised for me! Most of the cast did not fit their roles, the acting was annoying. When it came to the most anticipated part, it feel flat! Nothing exciting. I did not feel the brotherhood or bond between the three leads! It was a joke! Hot mess!

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    ...they revision of Wang yu yan ending with MRF was a surprised for me!
    I believe the author, JY, revised his novel towards this ending for WYY.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    I believe the author, JY, revised his novel towards this ending for WYY.
    I did not read the novel. What I remember based from Wuxia Fiction sub-forum discussion is that:
    1. DY married MWQ, HL (which are incorporated in the series) and one of Xixia Princess's maid (which I think it's great not to be incorporated). No offence here for afterall DY and his cousins are from the royalty.
    2. WYY decide to study more on eternity. What I can't remember is whether it was ever discussed she stayed with MRF.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Anybody know where I can watch the complete English sub for this series? I think viki stopped to a certain episode when I last checked.
    Apparently, State of Divinity has taken out all the episodes from Youtube. You may want to pm him/her. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Apparently, State of Divinity has taken out all the episodes from Youtube. You may want to pm him/her. :-)
    Hi, long time no see. I'm 'State of Divinity' just under a different name. I didn't take down the episodes, my channel was removed completely by Youtube. lol

But here's the playlist of the entire series to anyone still needing.
    There is no English sub though, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QcIBZml4ZwLzAN
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 01-05-15 at 11:33 PM.

I can't seem to access wuxiapedia, which lists the 3rd edition changes.

However, I am able to find a mirror here:

http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~vul/wu...d_changes.html

I don't even know why JY decide to change the story, having her end up with MYF is even more stupid! He murder her parents and was a big smelly egg to her. If she decided to be alone it would of made more sense. I didn't like DY either, i wonder why out of nowhere he gets a maid for a wife. I think this version explain the cause of even better than the 2006 version, however it was poorly done! This production company needs so far did not produce anything I like!

It's just me, but I don't think an author should edit/recon their books too extremely after it's been published for decades and already read by millions around the world. Fixing mistakes and plot-holes are fine, but messing with established facts like who a main character ends up with is a big taboo. Imagine if, twenty years in the future, the author of the Harry Potter books decided to break Ron and Hermione up in the end and pair her with Malfoy instead. Can anyone imagine the outcries then?

I love his books, but Jin Yong dropped the ball on this one. He essentially traded a bad implication (girls like stalkers) with one that is ten-times worse (stick to your man, no matter how terribly he acts towards everyone or how horrible of a human being he generally is). That's what he did.

His actions seems to say that he doesn't have much confidence in his own work/legacy, and such a drastic change is a blow to his book's integrity. If this can happen to Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils, what about the rest of his books? How many of us are tearing at our hairs, worrying sick that a 4th edition will come out and we find out that Xiao Longnu is dead and Yang Guo marries Guo Xiang? Or if Lin Pingzhi didn't kill Yue Lingshan? Will Guo Jing and Huang Rong still die defending Xiangyang?

Bah, if a 4th edition is announced, I might actually start growing gray hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Hi, long time no see. I'm 'State of Divinity' just under a different name. I didn't take down the episodes, my channel was removed completely by Youtube. lol

But here's the playlist of the entire series to anyone still needing.
    There is no English sub though, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QcIBZml4ZwLzAN
    OT: Oh I see. Hi Hi. So SoD=wuxiarocks. Why the need for two names? I can't remember clearly, but you have a channel with some videos on HSDS too whereby I ask you whether you have one concerning XZ and ZWJ? which you reply negative.

Not sure about the others. I like the fact that JY changed the story whereby DY married MQW for afterall that is DY's promise. And that's the only reason why I watch this series again. I have given the my other favorites like LOCH and HSDS a miss. I never like ROCH because I feel that the age gap between XLN and YG too big to be a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    Yang Guo marries Guo Xiang?
    Marrying GF will be better.

OT: Oh I see. Hi Hi. So SoD=wuxiarocks. Why the need for two names?
    Oh I just wanted to be 'wuxiarocks' to be consisted with my facebook/tumblr/twitter pages.

I can't remember clearly, but you have a channel with some videos on HSDS too whereby I ask you whether you have one concerning XZ and ZWJ? which you reply negative.
    Right. Unfortunately that channel is gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Oh I just wanted to be 'wuxiarocks' to be consisted with my facebook/tumblr/twitter pages.

Right. Unfortunately that channel is gone now.
    Ah, I had no idea all those english subs on youtube all came from one source! Are you the same folks who did Bu Bu Jing Xin too?

Marrying GF will be better.
    Ideally, even if those two will never have a healthy relationship, but I'm talking about changes that won't drastically alter the storyline. Yang Guo only reunites with Xiao Longnu at the very end, and his only love interest at that point was Guo Xiang.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    Ah, I had no idea all those english subs on youtube all came from one source! Are you the same folks who did Bu Bu Jing Xin too?
    Nope. Had no part.