Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

Duan Yu

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/62be443dgw1dz1elhzr5ej.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-20-12 at 01:36 AM.

Duan Yu and Wang Yuyan

1996: Benny Chan and Carman Lee
    2003: Jimmy Lin and Liu Yifei
    2012: Kim Kibum and Zhang Meng

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/43a39d58gw1dz0myyw4qxj.jpg')

Duan Yu looks so derp in the latest promo shots. Comparison with the previous pairs doesn't help, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I just don't like the look of Korean actors and their acting styles are a little strange to me. I think it's going to be fairly obvious they're Korean.
    Agreed.

This new version will be airing on Hunan next year (Golden Prime time).
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Maybe, Kim looks better as monk Xu Zhu.

Possibly 2003 is the "best": Jimmy Lin and Liu Yifei

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Maybe, Kim looks better as monk Xu Zhu.

Possibly 2003 is the "best": Jimmy Lin and Liu Yifei
    Jimmy is good, but Liu Yifei is too whiny and inelegant to pull off WYY. In fact, it seemed like her WYY was the same character as her XLN!

So I'm going to have to go with the 97 version with Benny and Carmen

Besides, isn't DL supposed to be a bit nerdy? If so then Jimmy is way too handsome

Zhang Meng has starred in so many superb series in the last three years (most of which have aired on Hunan Television), this new adaptation is going to be superior for that reason itself.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

No way Jose! I take it that you are only kidding about Zhang Meng going to make this series superior! Well everyone else seems to be miscast, so it doesn't matter if WYY in this series is rather cute rather then beautiful. Who knows maybe DY will end up with all his half sisters in this version.

I dont like the DY costume...hopefully it'll look better when in motion. LOL

DY's nerdy doesn't mean he can be handsome. Jimmy Lin will always be my fav.

Well those of you hating the new WYY...come on she's not that bad. Of course, her beauty is not to compare of Liu Yifei's but she does have the 'ancient beauty' look in her. I hope she can act.

Can they really make it international by having a Korean actor in it? I mean...look at Half a Fairytale - it's got a Korean actor in it and I don't think it's more international....

Quote Originally Posted by JadeHeart View Post
    DY's nerdy doesn't mean he can be handsome.
    Sorry I meant "DY's nerdy doesn't mean he can't be handsome."

My mobile app doesnt allow edits.

You mean "Game of Thrones"?

Wallace just looks dirty. I am struggling through his Fu Hong Xue in Magic Blade. I am a fan of his, but this latest version in no ways surpasses Hugo Ng's version (so dreamy in the depressing role). I love Wallace's depth, but I think romantic heroes with grit and a streak of wickedness is more suited for him. Kim Bum looks very young and girlish...and perhaps suitable for the role I though LYF was very beautiful in her role.

On another note, I heard Han Dong is Xu Zhu I think he's too handsome, but I am glad he has been getting many roles hehe
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    To be honest, I'm very much disappointed at how this adaption has turned out so far (in all aspects).
    The 1997 version is by far my favourite. The 2003 version was okay in certain parts, although at the time, Liu Tao was basically the only reason why I ended up watching it.
    If I do end up watching it, I'll probably be watching the Qiao Feng & Ah Zhu scenes. I'm finding it hard to stomach the fact that a Korean actor is portraying a role in a mainland WUXIA drama.

I've never been interested in anything Korean, haven't seen any of their acting (except a few scenes here and there of the main guy in 童话二分之一) so what I think of Korean actors - mostly based on first impressions - will be biased.

Edit:
    This new pic is not helping.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/68ebc984jw1dyyxf2q7d0j.jpg')
    LOL...that last comment and pic worked like a clash of cymbals at the end of a crescendo .

In total agreement, except Korean dramas. Some Korean dramas really deserve the 'Wuxia' title. The movie 'Shadowless Sword' had beautiful cinematography and choreographed moves. This was the same with Iljimae, even though it had a draggy storyline (incidentally, it was getting into Iljimae, that led me to Strange Hero; both loosely based on the same story). I hear Return of Iljimae had better Wuxia storyline. Princess' Man is also worth watching - the male lead was technically the hero, but the female lead turned out to be a heroine in her own right in a political kind of way. Can't beat the awesomeness of War Arrow .

DY to me seemed like a character who was idealistic to a fault. He was very persistent, perhaps even stubborn, in upholding what he believed to be true and right. He was meant to be quite gifted in the arts (i.e. Chinese chess, scriptures, poetry), and had a photographic memory. To seem nerdy would be understandable. I thought Benny Chan played the best DY because he was able to capture all of these qualities. Also to Benny's credit, as much as the character was required too, he didn't portray his WYY infatuation like his lost his marbles (aka Jimmy Lin). Tong Zheng Ye didn't seem engaged with his role at all. Although, he did have the most amazing fantasy dance sequence with WYY.

It would be interesting to see how this young Korean chap fares with the role of DY. I honestly think either Lee Min Ho or Jung Il Woo would've looked a lot better (both who played Prince Yang Myung in Moon Embraces the Sun ). Both have displayed a talent for that dopey, lovesick, yet intense and righteous quality that would go well with a DY persona. I've never heard of Kim, but I'd be willing to bet my money on LMH or JIW's acting chops.

Don't know what is going through the mind of the stylist and/or costume designer. Most of the leads look like they are members of the Beggar Clan.

MRF does look like the 2003 version. I've always found She Sau the most dashing, all round suitable for the role. He may've been too old for the role even in his days, but his charisma! I understood why WYY was into him. 1997 MRF looked like a wrinkly grandapa .

Can't wait to see how they portray Yi Yang Zhi. Please, please don't make it tacky.

I love wuxia, especially if it's the Jin Yong or Gu Long stories I know, but this just looks horrible. Wallace is not rugged enough for Xiao Feng, and that Korean chap looks terrible!! It's not so much his face, but his wardrobe and hairstyle... he has "kelefe" written all over him, like some rich extra competing with the hero for the female lead. And I can't believe Zong Feiyan is Murong Fu. I was just comparing his Yan Nanfei in the Magic Blade to Murong Fu of 2003, how both men were supposed to be charming and suave (like Shek Sau) on the surface with evil hidden agendas, but end up having "scumbag" written all over their face the moment they appear. Zong Feiyan has two expressions - scowling and constipated, and he'll be as terrible as the 2003 version if his Yan Nanfei is anything to go by. Zhang Meng is beautiful (drop-dead gorgeous in Magic Blade) but not that great at expressing her emotions, so Wang Yuyan should be an easy role for her. Even a very raw Liu Yifei on her debut managed to hold it together, so Zhang Meng's version should be worth watching. Not sure I can bring myself to see that Korean boy and Zong Feiyan both competing for her hand, though, as ending up with either sounds like a really horrible fate.

Aspiring "kelefe" . I like that.

I actually find Zhang Meng has more poise and presence than LYF. In fact, she looks more like a Ren Ying Ying.

I would've loved Li Jie to play Murong Fu. He would've had that mix of of courtliness and underlying ruthlessness down pat.

Jia Qing as Ah Zhu/Ah Zi (both roles)
    横店影视城娱乐频道新浪机构认证:由华策影视出品的2012版《天龙八部》正在紧张热拍中。继#金基范#版 段誉之后,今日再度曝光阿朱阿紫两人的定妆照,演员@贾青 在剧中一人分饰这两个角色

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw1dz3jznvnpfj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I thought Benny Chan played the best DY because he was able to capture all of these qualities. Also to Benny's credit, as much as the character was required too, he didn't portray his WYY infatuation like his lost his marbles (aka Jimmy Lin).
    I agree! He made DY so likeable. Because of him, I liked his character the most in that version of DGSD. The only thing, he looked much younger than Carmen Lee, even though she's younger.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I would've loved Li Jie to play Murong Fu. He would've had that mix of of courtliness and underlying ruthlessness down pat.
    You are so right! Li Jie would have been a far better choice than the chosen actor.

Ah Zhu/Zhi looks good. My fav female character is Mu Wanqing. Any picture?

Hideous costume! OMG the last one is like a bubble fabric, either the camera is catching bad photos, or the fabric looks so off for Wuxia films , seriously it looks like a hot mess, cast and costume and all so far. Ahh so a comedic version!!

I think a really poor choice to have the same actress play A Zhu and A Zi. I wouldn't mind Jia Qing to try and focus on A Zhu, but 2 characters? From Jia Qing's filming history, it seems like she hasn't had many lead roles. I remember Liu Tao was relatively new when she played A Zhu, but I don't think it wise for start leads with duo roles. Then again, some people rise to the occasion, so we might get a suprise in terms of acting. We just have to look past the garish costumes .

Looks wise, I think it really hard to compare with Wang Hang Sau's A Zhu. That actress was positively stunning. Actually, WHS also played two roles: A Zhu and Zhong Ling. Then again, she had the acting chops for it.

New stills....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/61e7f8b0jw1dz4ugy11m7j.jpg')