Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

^^In case you can't see the pictures (too small) from the link H.Ge-C.Liu (thanks) posted above.
    The official sina slides here.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/681ab3edjw1dz4vdmvmo7j.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 11-23-12 at 02:38 AM.

oooh ...these HD quality pictures actually look pretty good. I'm not so disappointed in the new remake because the quality and effects are getting better. Hopefully, they'll make the animations look real this time. In the 03 version, the marten looked like a stuffed animal and the bugs looked like something from a cartoon. So we know at least one thing is going to improve.

DY's clothes still looks awkard - like a modern dress.

Thanks for the HD pics there. Both leads dont look bad at all!! like Wallace dress and look there (alot better the prev outfits)
    Also give Kim bum a chance- he's not that bad imo- Never really watched/finished other versions of Demi God Semi Devil so im going to watch this as new with no comparative analysis in mind.
    So looking forward to this! Please keep update thanks.

Btw Jia Qing looks gorgeous in those stills, very elegant i have to say (for Ah Zhu). The design looks very cool and fashionable! hope we get to see more of ZM's WYY soon

I though Duan Yu is suppose to be dressed and look like a "nerd" or a scholar... and not as a woman or so gay in appearance. It's a shame they had finished filming the new Xiao Ao Jianghu, or else they could've cast him as the "perfect" Dongfang Bubai..

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    I though Duan Yu is suppose to be dressed and look like a "nerd" or a scholar... and not as a woman or so gay in appearance. It's a shame they had finished filming the new Xiao Ao Jianghu, or else they could've cast him as the "perfect" Dongfang Bubai..
    LOL I just burst out laughing to your comment!

It don't matter how the camera quality are, if the series is bad, it's bad! Most of us are judging of how things are unfolding, and it doesn't look good so far. People are walking around in Blankets and curtains! Who is this designer?

I don;t know why people dislike the 2003 version so much, I thought it was pretty good! The cast fit there roles quite well, and their costume are actually very nice! The martial arts, with out the crappy CGI is not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    People are walking around in Blankets and curtains! Who is this designer?

I don;t know why people dislike the 2003 version so much, I thought it was pretty good! The cast fit there roles quite well, and their costume are actually very nice! The martial arts, with out the crappy CGI is not bad at all!
    Blankets and curtains!! Wrapped around in sleeping bags LOL Yeah I agree the clothes are stupid. What are they trying to do? Make it look more modern???

Yeah I loves the 03' version as well! And so does everyone I know. Besides the
    slow beginning, everything else was pretty awesome.

LOL I just burst out laughing to your comment!

It don't matter how the camera quality are, if the series is bad, it's bad! Most of us are judging of how things are unfolding, and it doesn't look good so far. People are walking around in Blankets and curtains! Who is this designer?

After seeing how pretty the new Dongfang BuBai is in XiaoAo Jianghu 2013, I actually changed my mind and think Duan Yu looks like an ideal Yang Liangting, Dongfang Bubai's boytoy.. He kinda also dresses & looks like a court eunuch of recent HunanTV ancient series.

Btw, isn't XiaoFeng suppose to be a big, muscular guy, like the one in the 2003 series, or made to look "huge/big" using lens/camera tricks and prosthetics under the clothing?? In this series Xiao Feng just wears loose clothing, even DuanYu is physically better built than him... Come to think of it, when even XiaoFeng's sweetheart, AhZhu/AhZhi looks bigger & more muscular than Xiao Feng, I'm starting to worried about this series.

Quote Originally Posted by cinamon View Post
    Kim Bum would've been great. He probably has other projects though.

I don't know why Duan Yu is suddenly a pretty boy, starting with Jimmy Lin. He's supposed to be a boring nerd.
    When I was watching 1997 version back then, I found Benny Chan is rather cute (or as we call it nowadays, pretty boy?).

Rant:
    This is a train wreck for me. I hate everything I see so far about this series and I only expect them to go downhill from here. I should stop coming here before I get more depressed. DGSD is my favorite story behind LOCH & HSDS. But I cannot stop looking *mad at self for still hoping it'll get better*

DGSD 97 >>> DGSD 2003 >>>>>>>> this version

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    DGSD is my favorite story behind LOCH & HSDS. (
    Me too. Anyway, this series may be interesting and nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeHeart View Post
    Blankets and curtains!! Wrapped around in sleeping bags LOL Yeah I agree the clothes are stupid. What are they trying to do? Make it look more modern???

Yeah I loves the 03' version as well! And so does everyone I know. Besides the
    slow beginning, everything else was pretty awesome.
    HEHE yeah it does look like a sleeping beg! Yeah it's more portable for when they need to rest in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    After seeing how pretty the new Dongfang BuBai is in XiaoAo Jianghu 2013, I actually changed my mind and think Duan Yu looks like an ideal Yang Liangting, Dongfang Bubai's boytoy.. He kinda also dresses & looks like a court eunuch of recent HunanTV ancient series.

Btw, isn't XiaoFeng suppose to be a big, muscular guy, like the one in the 2003 series, or made to look "huge/big" using lens/camera tricks and prosthetics under the clothing?? In this series Xiao Feng just wears loose clothing, even DuanYu is physically better built than him... Come to think of it, when even XiaoFeng's sweetheart, AhZhu/AhZhi looks bigger & more muscular than Xiao Feng, I'm starting to worried about this series.

Heh yeah I thought that Peter Ho would make a good Xiao Feng, he has that big body and rugged masculin look. DY should of been played by Ashton Chen, he has that innocent boy look. Dong Jie would of been a perfect Ah Zhu! A Zhi needs to played by someone that looks bicky, haha chen Hao did a great job.
    Last edited by IloveMimiLo; 11-24-12 at 12:24 AM.

Well you guys...get all your hopes as down as you can. Because if it really is that bad, you won't get too disappointed. And if its actually good, it will surprise you.

I really don't get why everyone thinks any new remakes are going to be bad. Not all remakes are going to be the same. :/

I have never watched the '97 version...in fact the only DGSD I watched was the '03 one.

I'm so sorry but I don't have enough patience to watch this remake after seeing casts and designs And they seems don't have what they should have to be Yong's characters.

Sure if you're satisfied with looking at pretty clothes and pretty actors. The draggy plot, subpar acting and boring story line certainly killed it for me. The sound track was also forgettable. All the characters were terrible as well but it wasn't entirely the fault of the actors so much as the awful script. There was little to no character development and the series was dedicated to shooting pretty scenes with little substance. Uh yeah.../rant.

What I don't like is that some remakes & adaptations are made using pop stars & singers... They are of course trying to to use multiple avenues of publicity, commercials, sponsors, music, concerts, etc... to make much more money...

Actors/actresses no longer need muscles or physical skills, nowadays, they use cables and green screens for physically challenging scenes. Look at how thin and girly many of the male actors have become recently.

It is no longer a rumor that in order to keep their "rice bowls" from breaking, many Asian popstars & actors/actrsses get synthetic hormone pills & injections to maintain their "youthful voice" and "youthful skin tone". I don't mind the breast implants or the face lifts/nose jobs, BUT hormone injections are too much. They use to call it the "Michael Jackson" rejuvenation treatment, before it turned him into a girly man & liking little boys .... The drugs are said to be light years ahead of and much safer than what "Michael Jackson" had used. The side-effects must STILL be horrible.... Nowdays, athletes do it to gain endurance & muscles, but now entertainers do it even more to lose muscle tone & be more youthful & "attractive"......

Sorry for digressing away from the topic...
    Last edited by szfong; 11-24-12 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong
    I though Duan Yu is suppose to be dressed and look like a "nerd" or a scholar... and not as a woman or so gay in appearance.
    In what way is DY dressed like a woman

True there is a floral design across his shoulders, but if the flowers are significant, it doesn't necessarily mean it's of a feminine nature. Floral designs could be a reflection of Dali's pride in it's unique floral species (DY lectured Mrs Wang on the variety of flowers unique to Dali; reason why he earned his place as her gardener, rather than the garden's fertiliser). It was not unheard of for samurai warriors to adopt the chrysanthemum or sakura flower as their family crest.

I can see Kim Bum's Adam's apple and a shadow of a mustache. Does that indicate feminine looks

Actors/actresses no longer need muscles or physical skills, nowadays, they use cables and green screens for physically challenging scenes. Look at how thin and girly many of the male actors have become recently.
    If you listen to some post-production interviews, both actors and actresses of Wuxia films have commented that wires/cables are actually quite physically demanding, if not painful. I remember Dong Jie showed quite a beauty of a bruise on her upper arm after doing one wire act for the Jing Wu Chen Zhen series.

I consider Wu Jing quite 'scrawny' in build. Can't argue he isn't a superb martial artist though . His Taiji is positively sublime.

If they can give a memorable performance AND fight convincingly well (not everyone is a Tony Jaa or Jet Li), then I don't care if they happen to look thin or girly.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I thought Benny Chan played the best DY because he was able to capture all of these qualities. Also to Benny's credit, as much as the character was required too, he didn't portray his WYY infatuation like his lost his marbles (aka Jimmy Lin). Tong Zheng Ye didn't seem engaged with his role at all. Although, he did have the most amazing fantasy dance sequence with WYY.

It would be interesting to see how this young Korean chap fares with the role of DY. I honestly think either Lee Min Ho or Jung Il Woo would've looked a lot better...
    Benny is definitely my favorite DY. He looks exactly what I imagine DY would and also his reactions and acting were spot on.

As for Lee Min Ho or Jung Il Woo, I feel they are too... "player-ish" to be DY heehee, I mean, looking at them and you can tell they are very cool and suave. Whereas with DY I feel there needs to be a slight awkwardness in his behavior and I just can't see those 2 pulling it off.

MRF does look like the 2003 version. I've always found She Sau the most dashing, all round suitable for the role. He may've been too old for the role even in his days, but his charisma! I understood why WYY was into him. 1997 MRF looked like a wrinkly grandapa .

I would've loved Li Jie to play Murong Fu. He would've had that mix of of courtliness and underlying ruthlessness down pat.
    Totally, totally agree. The 97, 03, and this one's Murong Fu just don't do it for me. Li Jie would definitely be good, and I would also be really interested to see Yuan Hong!

His Yang Kang gave me chills and if Hu Ge wasn't so hot I might have rooted for him throughout the series

But yeah, the point is, I need to understand why WYY would be so hopelessly in love with him. So they really need to cast someone that's extremely handsome with intense charisma. Not someone that at first glance looks like a bad guy...

I think it's because I compare each one to their previous version and if it can be better, than I like it. So I felt the 97 version was better than the 82 version. Whereas the 03 paled in comparison to BOTH the 97 and 82.

So to me, each new version has to be better. If not, then I just don't see the point of remaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeHeart View Post
    I have never watched the '97 version...in fact the only DGSD I watched was the '03 one.
    Oh, you really should watch the 97 version! It's so, so, so much better

2003 version was pretty good, even if Murong Fu was quite badly cast (Adn this one doesn't look any better). The thing which really crippled 2003 for me was the sloppy editing - there were so many errors and inconsistencies across scenes which broke immersion. When you do multiple takes of a scene and choose the nicest ones to stitch together, you have to make sure that they flow. Otherwise I really really enjoyed it, and it's nothing to do with shallow things like pretty clothing and pretty actors. Hu Jun, Gao Hu and even Jimmy (to a certain extent) did their roles justice. Liu Tao and Chen Hao were also brilliant, while Liu Yifei was fortunate to have quite an expressionless character to portray for her debut, so her weaknesses were exposed as badly as they might have been.

I have watched enough DGSD TV series from Ken Tong as Murong Fu (possibly the most handsome MRF) to 2003 China production (possibly the tallest XF). I am unlikely to watch another DGSD series. Unless it is based on JY's latest edition.