Thread: Netflix Recomendations

Default Netflix Recomendations

Aloha All,

I saw that Netflix has a great selection of Chinese/Korean/Japanese movies & series. Just wondering what you folks are watching and are recommending out there..

Here are a few I suggest while it's still on there:

My Way:
    About the rivalry between a Japanese and Korean boy who both excel in running. It takes place during WWII when Korea was ruled by Japanese. You see the two boys grow up and eventually realize that although they have always been rivals, deep down they're close as brothers. I cried watching the end of this movie.

Warriors of Rainbow Bridge: About the aborigines of Taiwan who were always at war but eventually put aside their differences and band together to fight off their Japanese oppressors. I really enjoyed this movie because you see how the aborigines struggled to survive and were then sold into slavery. The "hero" Muroh (SP?) eventually realizes he has to fight to bring peace to his people. A lot of fighting and action if you're that type. It also made me want to read up on the "tattooed" aborigine who live in Taiwan.

Also Ip Man is playing on there! (;

I also just watched The Warlords with Jet Li, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Andy Lau. It was alright, quite long. There's a lot of dialogue and one of those Jet Li movies where the scenes fade in and out and you're kind of confused lol. I liked Andy Lau (my fav. Yang Guo<3) so I watched it until the end.

Anything else you folks recommend I'm more Wuxia type so I like the swords and martial arts clans, but those other movies were really good. I wouldn't have watched if no one told me about those.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

I don't have any Wuxia types that I've seen on Netflix other than Ip Man. I believe they have Ip Man 2 on Netflix as well.

I can recommend watching

Old Boy : With no clue how he came to be imprisoned, drugged and tortured for 15 years -- and no one to hold accountable for his suffering -- a desperate businessman seeks revenge on his captors, relying on assistance from a friendly waitress.

Man from Nowhere: Tae-Sik is a widower with a mysterious past. When a young girl he befriends is kidnapped by a vicious drug gang, Tae-Sik rushes to save her. Hell-bent on justice after being framed by the nasty criminals, he takes the law into his own hands.