Thread: Joey Yung's Emotional Break Down by Denise Ho's "Bisexual" Comment

Default Joey Yung's Emotional Break Down by Denise Ho's "Bisexual" Comment

Joey Yung and Denise Ho (Hocc) have been good friends for over 10 years. Since Hocc's ex-rumored boyfriend Wilfred Lau announced his relationship with Joey in June, it was rumored Hocc was so upset she unfollowed Wilfred and some other friends related to him on Weibo. Last Saturday, Hocc announced her true sexual orientation, that she is in fact a lesbian at the Hong Kong Gay Pride Parade. Joey instantly became the media's target for interviews and the other day, Hocc ends up dragging Joey into the situation when reporters asked if Joey is bisexual? She said: "It's hard to answer!" This left Joey in a troublesome situation.

Yesterday reporters contacted Joey's manager, Mani Fok, to ask her about Hocc's comment on Joey's sexual orientation. Mani said: "Joey will not be accepting interviews right now, she is in a very bad mood! (Because of Hocc's comment?) Actually Joey respects Hocc's personal decision, and as a friend she really does support her. However, Joey's emotions has been greatly affected by the comments made in the past few days. She broke down emotionally. All her colleagues and myself are very worried about her."

It was understood, Joey suddenly disappeared for two days and isolated herself at home, refusing to see anyone. Yesterday when she found out about Hocc's bisexual comment, she lost control and cried madly at home. Mani said: "Joey is a very hardworking artist. She had always been silently plowing through, keeping her family and relationships low-key. I hope she (Hocc) will respect Joey's views of keeping her relationships low-profile. However, Ms. Ho's comment has really triggered a lot of speculations that the public has on Joey, and this caused a troublesome situation for Joey. I suggested to Joey, that she should not respond to anything related to Denise Ho. I hope Miss Ho can really treasure Joey as her friend. Don't add to Joey's stress and don't hurt her anymore."
    Translated by asianuniverse.net from Oriental Daily

As Hocc expressed Joey supported her to "come out" [on her sexual orientation], Mani said: "As a friend, of course Joey will respect her decision. I think this is Ms. Ho's personal decision and action. While her action may have reduced her own pressures and she finally released herself, but at the same time the pressure shifted towards Joey. I don't think this is fair at all. If she is Joey's friend, then I hope she stops mentioning Joey."

Twins hope Joey emotionally recovers soon

Joey's good friends and colleagues Twins (Ah Sa and Ah Gil) hoped she'll get better soon. Ah Gil expressed: "Denise Ho released herself after announcing her sexual orientation, I'm happy for her. But, I don't want this to be troubling Joey. I hope she can live her life the way she wants and not be affected by this issue." Ah Sa said she won't try to contact Joey right now, but she hopes the public will give Joey some space, so she can emotionally recover. Ah Sa said: "I support homosexuals, and I have many homosexual friends. I don't think 'love' has to be separated by sex. I just hope the public will stop labeling homosexuals. Artists are humans too, they need their own personal space to develop relationships too. So, for now I won't try to contact Joey, I hope to give her more space to handle her emotions. Joey is a very very good girl, she is worthy of our love."
    -SC

This is really shocking to me because I guess I didn't follow the entertainment news enough, but I never knew Denise Ho was gay. And that she has such a close relationship with Joey, who may or may not be bisexual.