Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tian Xia Di Yi 《天下第一》 (Roger Kwok, Michelle, Wallace etc)

Default Tian Xia Di Yi 《天下第一》

I just got this yesterday ... but already scan thru the whole series ... hehe skip lots of discs in between.

Anyway, this is series has 3 pairs of main characters:
    Li Ya Peng
    Roger Kwok
    Wallace Huo
    Michelle Yip
    Gao Yuan Yuan
    Tammy Chen

Click here to pictures, etc in SINA website
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Finally! A topic about this series. Tell us what you think of it so far. Don't spoil us but What's the story about? I don't think I even know. Are there a lot of scenes with Wallace? I really wanna see this series, I hope the dvds come out soon.

when did it come out?
    i thought we did have a topic on this series b/c i remember seeing a music video from this series....o well...maybe i'm wrong. looks good though!
    ~Lysa~

Hm, the story is kinda like one of those "Shi Da Ming Bu" series. Setup is in Ming dysnasty, so they are a lot of fighting against Dong Chang (Not sure if I Pinyin correctly).
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

I think Wallace does not look good in ancient serials though...

How is this show? Worth buying? Btw is Dicky's role in this serial a big one or does he appear only in a few scenes?

I downloaded a few eps and Id have to agree with tinac, the plot is kind of muddled and boring. I had to fastforward all the time. Each ep is origionally like 40 mins but i finished it in like 15 mins -- Its THAT boring.
    I really do not like any of the characters in this drama. Even though Wallace huo is pretty hot, his character is not likeable at all. But especially unlikeable are Li yapeng and Michelle Ye...yikes..

Quote Originally Posted by divinefish
    I downloaded a few eps and Id have to agree with tinac, the plot is kind of muddled and boring. I had to fastforward all the time. Each ep is origionally like 40 mins but i finished it in like 15 mins -- Its THAT boring.
    I really do not like any of the characters in this drama. Even though Wallace huo is pretty hot, his character is not likeable at all. But especially unlikeable are Li yapeng and Michelle Ye...yikes..
    where did u dl it from?
    ~Lysa~

i really wanna watch this cause of the attractive cast like gyy, li yapeng, wallace, dicky cheung, monica chan and liu songrenu...though i really dislike michelle and the worse thing is shes paired w wallace whos cute, guess i'll juz skip her solo scenes....anyway, know which episode gyy appears??

the themevideo
    http://www.tvbsquare.com/downloads.htm

poster
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvseriesensation.com/user_images/2004/dec/txdy5001.jpg')
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 01-21-05 at 08:08 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I think Wallace does not look good in ancient serials though...
    ow.. in my opinion..wallace looks good in it..but w/ a slight dirty look..^_^
    at first.. i don't really like this series..specially..because wallace looks so odd..and u know.. long haired..dirty guy..but after seeing some video clips featuring him, michelle,li ya peng..actually..i started adoring him again..and started loving this series..

btw, i like..the wallace-michelle team up!!...

tomorrow..i'll look for this..one ..and hopefully..i'll find a copy!! i'm so excited to see the love triangle between li ya peng, michelle ye and wallace!! omg.. i've read a lot of positive comments in Wallace and Li Ya Peng's character here..so i wanna watch it..

tinac,
    does michelle fall in love w/wallace???

----[image]-------------------
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/wallacehub/mv/hottie4ever.gif')
    fav artists: Wallace Huo, Mike He, Edison Chen, Vic Zhou, Penny Lin, Michelle Ye, Ruby Lin, Leila Tong, Gillian Chung
    couples: Wallace+Penny, Wallace+Ruby,RM, WM, Mike He+Rainie

Quote Originally Posted by luv34
    tinac,
    does michelle fall in love w/wallace???
    Yeah ... but he loves her first. I can't really tell you too much or they'd be spoiler everywhere.

The first 2 episodes are quite bad, I thought it's quite badly editted. My favourite couples are Roger Kwok and Tammy Chen, but Michelle is not bad. Dicki is only a guest star so he only appears in a few episodes, somewhere in the middle. And, I don't like Wallace's look in here. I think he is too clean cut to have that kinda look .... but that's my opinion.

Let me know if you guys want a synopsis but it'd include spoilers.

Where did you get ur serial from, Tinac?

yesasia.com has this series.

Anyone have a problem watching the series. Some parts are cut really weird where the music doesn't fade off--abrupt cuts. I agree the beginning is reallllllllly boring. I am on the 6 episode but it still is not that good. Too bad cause the cast is really good.

Li ya peng..grrr... I have posted pictures in other sites, and nobody liked the pics.. I haven't watched the series, but I will PASS..
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

wow...lotsa CGs. did the Ming Dynasty have something to do with Japanese?? cause it looked like there's at least 1 Jap girl and 1 Jap guy here.

I saw this the opening and closing video, a lil too much generated graphics.. but ppl looked good.

ERm, can u tell me what does Michelle play and wallace?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

tinac,
    just want to know..if there are some romantic scenes between michelle and wallace? pls.. pm me...

i think tammy looks really good in this series as ever...
    don't like li ya peng..and ken tong actually..don't know why..
    fav artists: Wallace Huo, Mike He, Edison Chen, Vic Zhou, Penny Lin, Michelle Ye, Ruby Lin, Leila Tong, Gillian Chung
    couples: Wallace+Penny, Wallace+Ruby,RM, WM, Mike He+Rainie

I dunno why people dislike CG so much. It's not that bad. Anyways, what's wrong with Wallace's look? I think he looks great. ANd I'm one of those people who hates long hair. Well, I hope to watch it soon and see how good/bad it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Where did you get ur serial from, Tinac?
    Hi Strawberry,
    If you are in S'pore, you can find them at TS. I am not sure if Poh Kim has them.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    i really wanna watch this cause of the attractive cast like gyy, li yapeng, wallace, dicky cheung, monica chan and liu songrenu...though i really dislike michelle and the worse thing is shes paired w wallace whos cute, guess i'll juz skip her solo scenes....anyway, know which episode gyy appears??
    Can't remember when she shows up, maybe 1/4 of the shows?
    Last edited by tinac; 01-23-05 at 03:00 AM.