Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Yang Rong (杨蓉)

Quote Originally Posted by hjelp View Post
    Liu Xiao Xiao,Ah the husband. He is sooo handsome! He is so pretty to look at That man was blessed with perfect skin and bone structure! And he fell in love with her at first sight! I just know my heart is going to hurt so much for him

I think there will definitely be shown more development between the two of them.

So first encounters with both males: bullets are flying everywhere, she's caught in the middle of everything and just being dragged around by her guys. She is scared shitless but still manages to show courage by running to the little girl and trying to push second male out of harms way. The biggest difference between the two encounters is that she was saved by male lead in one but she saved the second lead in the other.
    I would fall in love at first sight too if a good-looking guy come to my rescue and saved my life..LOL.

No wonder he was smitten by her. Shes beautiful, saved his life, and her actions! I mean, who in their right mind would push a guy out of harms way and risk her own life and take the bullet for him, a stranger! I loved watching that part over and over again, where she pushed him out of the way, BUT he pulled her with himawwwwww. In most series Ive seen, that character that did the pushing would get shotLOL. So loving the development so far!

Did I mention I love his cold/cool demeanor? Hes colder than the movie version and Zhu Yi Long
    is doing a terrific job at it!! I mean, he had a gun pointed at his face, no reaction; when YR saved him, no reation--just stared at her

And I agree, he is so yummy to look at
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-10-14 at 04:23 PM.

The 2nd male lead looks sooooo good. Can the male lead just let YR leave that village already so she can interact with the 2nd lead ]: I honestly have very little idea of what's going on in the drama 'cause of how much I skim it (in search of scenes with the 2nd lead). Me not understanding anything also makes me really biased against the male lead :x lool because I don't know what his cause is and why he does what he does.. so all I see is a criminal shooting up random people and trapping YR. For now, I've been sustaining myself through re-watching the promos with the 2nd lead and YR lmao.

Sigh @ the friend becoming evil though ]: She seemed really loyal and decent enough but she's quickly turning psychotic. Her power trip is not a good look.

Aaand here is Episode 3 and Episode 4.

Liu Xiao Xiao, I love the idea that the the heroine is propably the only one who can break that ice cold demeanor of his. You can actually see his face light up when he talks about her, or when he is sitting and thinking of her. If circumstances were different, I think she would definitely love him back but she appears to be very loyal in love.

lambayyx, I don't think the male lead is a bad person, although all those shootings are a bit inconsiderate to civilians. I actually quite enjoy his scenes with YR. Especially those were she tries to get away from him muiltiple times. They make me laugh. But you know, they are not in love yet so maybe you will start liking him a bit more when they do, and he starts treating her better.

Its the biasness for the 2nd lead that is clouding my mind and Im trying to make myself like Purba (1st lead), because I want the best of both world for my YR..LOL. Im sure I will eventually like him (though hell still come in second) as the series progress.

Though, I got the jist of what is going on watching the series, its difficult to understand certain things not knowing what is being said. So, correct me if my understanding is wrong.

So, Im assuming YR agreed to marry Yi Long (2nd lead) because his mother (?) saved her from marrying that other sickly guy at her first wedding? And that his mother asked her to marry him for whatever reason? Why did Yi Long agree to marry YR?-he must have known it was her since he agreed to it right?

Going forward, YR was kidnapped by the bandits, using her for ransom. What is Yi Longs relationship with the police? Im just assuming his mother remarried to the General/head of police (YRs real father) and he went over there asking for the stuff the bandits wanted.

And at the trading site. Dont you just love how Yi Long was just so concerned about his girl? The way he keeps looking up there worrying about her (sigh). Anyways. Things didnt go as planned. YR jumped off the cliff. Did Yi Long think YR was dead? Im wondering why he didnt rush over and look for her body or something?

SORRY, so many questions!!! LOL.

I thought the scenes of YR and Purba was adorb! I especially liked the part where he went to sleep with her in the cave, so cutehaha. I also dont understand why he kept her in the village when shes no benefit to him anymore (aside from him liking her a little bit)?

Purba is doing good, but my face lights up when Yi Long come on screen . I cant wait til YL and YR meet again.

Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7

Oh don't you worry about that! I prefer the ZYL as well! I'm trying really hard not to but he is seriously so dreamy!!! . I'm just setting myself of for heartbreak because I know that YR won't be able to fully reciprocate his love. It's not that I dislike Purba, in fact I quite like him, but ZYL wins hands down. As I said, it is really due to the circumstances. ZYL was just one step behind the Purba in terms of timing. If only he had the chance to get to know her first.

I only know bits of Chinese but heres what I think happened:
    ZYL agreed to marry YR because his mother had already promised her away to him in front of everybody at YRs first wedding (I think).

ZYL did not know that the woman he was about to marry was YR. He was concerned about YR because it was his fault that she was kidnapped to begin with, not because he knew who she was. The fact that he was so worried about her and even threatened to shoot that other guy for her just shows that he is ultimately a very good person that takes responsibility. He thought that she died yes, but unlike Purba, he had zero interaction with her and thinking that she was dead for sure he did not go look for her. But he was still visibly affected by her supposed death because he caused it.

I guess it would still be a loss if Purba just returned her to ZYL? Im not sure.

Agree, agree! Purba is good but ZYL is irresistible.

So I dont want to spoil the next three episodes if you havent watched them yet but that song in episode 6! Did you notice? ZYL is singing an insert song and its amaaazing. Aah. His voice is sooo sexy! Im already hooked to the song. I don't understand much but its still so beautiful and heart breaking at the same time. Someone needs to translate this song ASAP! Heres a link to the song. I have also read that the inset song in episode 7 is sung by YR? But unlike ZYL, I can't recognize her voice? But then again, I never heard her sing before. Here it is: link
    Last edited by hjelp; 07-11-14 at 02:38 PM.

LOL same. The 2nd lead is clouding my mind. I think I would have found Purba and YR cute together if I could understand what was going on (I thought he was some sort of revolutionary at first but it seems that he's a bandit?? I don't really know) and if there was less misuse of guns LOL. Also maybe I would have found cuter if ZLY wasn't so dreamy... I love the way he dresses and his coolness/composure. If only YR hadn't lost her memory and was able to return to her rightful place, she would have met ZYL first and they could have been happy together ]:

Edit: Btw, have you guys seen that one promo where ZLY is just like getting physically abused by YR? She stabs him and bites and hits him basically. I can't seem to remember where I found it.
    Last edited by lambayyx; 07-11-14 at 07:50 PM.

Lambayxx,
    If it was that easy for ZLY and YR to get together then we wouldn't have a drama would we There'll probably be more complication and heartache for the three leads. One, when she get to know who her real dad is, she'll be in a tight spot because I believe Purba and him are enemies? Aside from her situation with the two male leads.

As for the scene you are referring to, do you really want to know what is happening? It'll be a spoiler for you...LOL. If it's the same scene in the movie, then I know what happpened.

Hjelp,
    Thanks for the clarification.

So he didn't know who he was marrying. That explains why he didn't look too happy when he went to pick up the bride at her house (if he knew it was the girl of his dream, I couldn't imagine his long face ). And YR didn't know who she was marrying too then. At first, I assumed ZLY knew he was marrying YR because at the first wedding, when he was walking out, he glanced at the bride and I thought he saw her face? And somehow his mother would tell him that he will be marrying the bride at that wedding (hope this make sense). Another thing was, he went to the bride's house, but he didn't recognized her step-father?

I haven't had the chance to watch the next episodes yet, but feel free to talk about it to whom may need answers...LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-11-14 at 08:07 PM.

Liu Xiao Xiao, no problem! I also expected him to have some kind of reaction when he went to pick her up because he saw her father. I guess he didn't think that they were father and daugther.

lambayyx, yes I also know of which scenes you are thinking about but to reveal these would be quite spoilery like Liu Xiao Xiao pointed out. I myself love spoilers though

Won't get the chance to watch next epi yet, but look at what just came out!!

Looks like YR will be the chaser in this drama!! I think she "took advantage" of him
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/4827a92djw1ei8rflcpqrj22lc1q84qp.jpg')

So this is my spoiler?!?!?! YES!!!!!!! Can't wait to watch!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ei99ns5mkej20e40xowgh.jpg')

Another present!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/98224fa1jw1ei92lfc0frj20qo0k079r.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/98224fa1gw1ehozkmevp1j20np0hsn3h.jpg')

I bet you the director saw so much chemistry between the two (on and off screen), he cast them again in the modern drama with Shawn Yue. But looks like our ZLY will have a broken heart in both series

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ehg1zqi23dj20hs0owjth.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ehg1ztzqawj20hs0owmzp.jpg')

RongLong

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ehf7r5mcyhj20ds0hpq3x.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1egnahg8wsbj20b40gm3z0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ehf7t6k7flj20hs0d9754.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ehf7t8amrpj20fd0kiq4o.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1eh7s8mj9o1j20hs0owdhl.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1eh7s8n7uqpj20hs0owjsx.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1eh7luv0g9gj20dc0dcjro.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ego5ivwk06j20dc0hswfy.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1ego5iwhx35j20b40e8dgg.jpg')

OMG!!! He did get to kiss her!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/6a52df27jw1eej6wxr8i0j20dc0dcabu.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-11-14 at 10:41 PM.

And my Favvvvvorite still of them....gorgeous!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1egs2xc9wo1j20rz0sg42g.jpg')

I feel like I might have an idea of what the spoiler is regarding the hitting scene just from watching all those promos but I'll wait until I actually see it to figure it out, heh.

I really like the sisterhood! I thought it would turn out bad but they're really cute right now. Too bad the other girl is getting misunderstood ]: Although I can't blame ZYL for that since she did shady things before, I'm scared that him misunderstanding her and thus mistreating her will lead to her resenting YR. I hope it stays cute like this, I really enjoy watching them together.

Are we sure ZYL is 5'11? YR is tiny yet she isn't much shorter than him in all those stills (even if I'm taking possible high heels into account for the wedding photos). I don't really like his hair in the modern drama, but I am glad they get to act together again. And I agree, Liu Xiao Xiao, that's also my favorite picture of them. So pretty

As for the kiss still, isn't that
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the maid? From the trailers, it seems like she tricks(?) him into sleeping with her.

Quote Originally Posted by lambayyx View Post
    As for the kiss still, isn't that
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the maid? From the trailers, it seems like she tricks(?) him into sleeping with her.
    Ahh...yeah, that makes sense how he had to marry her and she got pregnant.

I just skimmed through epi. 5-6. Yup, up to the part where they meet face to face again. Okay, maybe I am taking things to the extreme more than what the scene really was. My eyes widen with excitement when he saw her face. I think I might have held my breath for a moment on that scene, LOL. Ahhh...the sweetness in his eyes, the tender glare.

Another thing I liked about him is that, though he fell in love with her and soften up when he's around her. But I'm glad he's not extreme-- like a silly puppy in love, puddy in her hand, and acting like "whatever you want, I'll obey". He still have the cold demeanor and actually kinda scared her when he was yelling at his workers in front of her. There's one thing I didn't like so far, he's too responsible thus becoming too obedient! His mother told him to marry, he obeys. His first wife wanted him, he obeys...LOL.

I really like the sisterhood! I thought it would turn out bad but they're really cute right now. Too bad the other girl is getting misunderstood ]: Although I can't blame ZYL for that since she did shady things before, I'm scared that him misunderstanding her and thus mistreating her will lead to her resenting YR. I hope it stays cute like this, I really enjoy watching them together.
    I don't think the sister was that geniune to begin with, even in their early days when they were at YR's mother death bed. Like she had this envy vibe about her during that scene. Also, from one of the preview she will backstab YR and slap her (if I saw it right). I think she's the kind of character that will be bad, but will turn into kindess later in the series.

LOL, don't know Lambayxx. But that's what it said on his profile. It said he's 180cm, so I converted that to 5"11?. YR looks like a petite girl, but it's being said that she's 162 cm, that's like around 5'4-ish (taller than what I thought she would be). But who knows, what's posted online are not necessarily facts anyways. Even in this picture he looks pretty tall compared to her, and her pump must be at least 4-5 inches?...lol

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1egnahg8wsbj20b40gm3z0.jpg')

The thing is, I don't consider ZYL a particularly "handsome" actor in real life, but he's not bad looking. And he looks very good in this series because his character got the whole package for me (good looking, suave, charming, coldness/boldness, devoted, responsible, kind). And ZYL was terrific (IMO) at portraying his character. As for his modern hair, I agree. I think he looks good with his hair slicked back. Here's one from the modern series. AND, can you believe YR is 7 years older than him?!?!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/e1d1fb02jw1eh7luv0g9gj20dc0dcjro.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-12-14 at 11:13 AM.

The husband is a very charming character overall but I think ZYL is a very handsome man in real life as well. He does look much older in QDSS than in the modern drama.

This series is moving in such a fast pace. And so begins their hate/love relationship. I so wish that YR loved ZYL instead. Part of his appeal is really who he is as a character. He is a man who rarely shows his emotions but when he falls in love, he falls in love hard. He is so in love with her and it clearly shows. He has more or less worn his heart on his sleeve for everyone to see ever since he finally found her.

SPOILERS. There is still something wrong with the spoiler function, so stop reading from here if you don't want to be spoiled
    - So YR managed to slip away from him. Poor baby was soo distressed and sad. He was like puppy wandering the streets feeling totally lost without her.
    - He totally lost his cool when he found out that she loves Purba.
    - He got stupid drunk when the tension between them reached the breaking point and they almost physically abused each other.
    Last edited by hjelp; 07-12-14 at 12:58 PM.

The husband is a very charming character overall but I think ZYL is a very handsome man in real life as well. He does look much SPOILERS. There is still something wrong with the spoiler function, so stop reading from here if you don't want to be spoiled
    - So YR managed to slip away from him. Poor baby was soo distressed and sad. He was like puppy wandering the streets feeling totally lost without her.
    - He totally lost his cool when he found out that she loves Purba.
    - He got stupid drunk when the tension between them reached the breaking point and they almost physically abused each other.
    I spoked too soon. So much for my mister cool..haha. Those episodes sounds like it's going to be painful to watch. Am I missing something here? Why do I feel like Purba and YR does not have that much connection to fall this much in love this early? Okay, but then I haven't watched all the episodes yet, so I'm speaking too soon again..LOL.

There were so many things in the preview that just shocked me that I didn't expect. I know series and movies are not entirely the same. But I do wish and hope YR at least give ZYL an ounce of her heart. Also, Purba actually get to see his baby and it looks like they're one happy family. Another thing, Purba became a soldier/policeman too! And they made ZYL so easy to be a husband!! LOL. Give him a guilt trip...oops you have to marry me now...
    Also, the ending!! I hope it's the same...it's what make the movie so memorable for me.

By the way, you can hit me with the spoilers. I like them
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-12-14 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I spoked too soon. So much for my mister cool..haha. Those episodes sounds like it's going to be painful to watch. Am I missing something here? Why do I feel like Purba and YR does not have that much connection to fall this much in love this early? Okay, but then I haven't watched all the episodes yet, so I'm speaking too soon again..LOL.

There were so many things in the preview that just shocked me that I didn't expect. I know series and movies are not entirely the same. But I do wish and hope YR at least give ZYL an ounce of her heart. Also, Purba actually get to see his baby and it looks like they're one happy family. Another thing, Purba became a soldier/policeman too! And they made ZYL so easy to be a husband!! LOL. Give him a guilt trip...oops you have to marry me now...
    Also, the ending!! I hope it's the same...it's what make the movie so memorable for me.

By the way, you can hit me with the spoilers. I like them
    Exactly my thoughts! I was expecting more development between YR and Purba before they actually got together but then again ZYL met her once and fell completely and wholly in love with her. They do experience another life/death situation before they proclaim their love, but I still am more invested in the ZYL/YR relationship.
    Oh those episodes and upcoming too I would suspect. They are so painful to watch as a supporter of the husband. Seriously, I went from being okay with YR ending up with Purba to not being okay with it AT ALL!

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS
    So what surprised me the most about the previews is that YR gets married to Purba? Nooo. That probably means that she will only ever love him What about the husband? And Im not talking about Purba. There can only be one husband!!! Seriously, Im waay too invested in this
    About the ending. I really dont hope she just falls to her death? From what I have previously read about the series, YR would kill herself in order to stop Purba from shooting the husband? I like this ending so much better.

So much happened the last couple of episodes I dont know where to start. How could she leave the husband?!! Poor baby is so hopelessly in love. The scene where he just wanders the street is one of my favourites. You should also prepare yourself for a side of the husband you have not seen yet around YR. He is quite cruel once he finds out that she is pregnant with child.

About the ending. I really dont hope she just falls to her death? From what I have previously read about the series, YR would kill herself in order to stop Purba from shooting the husband? I like this ending so much better.
    I guess, the point of the ending was that, someone sacrificed their life own life for the life of the other. If the ending in the series will be as you said, YR sacrificed her life to save ZYL because she was truly touched by his kindness, and to repay his love for her, which she cannot reciprocate while alive? Whereas in the movie, the two guys duke it out and whoever gets the bullet dies and the other gets the girl. The movie ending made a dent on me only because she was in between and didn't know which one would die because she cared for both (in different ways), and to stop each one from killing themselves...she had to go. Quite sad but meaningful. If I had to choose the ending? I'll choose the first one

Just got done with epi. 8. OMGGGGGG....that scene was so beautiful and romantic (pictured above), he was standing in the garden and like a dream, she came to him holding an umbrella. Well it is like a dream for him...usually it's the guy that comes with the umbrella!! LOL. ZYL's song fit the scene beautifully.

While I understand why YR wanted to leave, but I felt what she did was inconsiderate. I realized situations have changed from when she was obligated and willing to marry into the household to now--now that she's unwilling to be with him because she like another guy. It's been announced publicly that she belong to him as his wife, and for her to run away like that is kinda disrespectful for the husband, grandmother, and not keeping her promise to his mother. It's not like they haven't treated her well either **sigh**.

And I actually liked his angered side, still sexxy...

And the walking scene on the street....totally heartbreaking $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t4/appstyle/expression/ext/normal/9d/sada_org.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t4/appstyle/expression/ext/normal/9d/sada_org.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t4/appstyle/expression/ext/normal/9d/sada_org.gif')

Is it because we are SOOOOO bias that the moment YR and Purba meet again, it's just normal and not as touching like when YR/ZYL meet $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t4/appstyle/expression/ext/normal/73/wq_org.gif')?

Epi. 9.
    Wow....the scene when YR stabbed herself to stop Purba from stabbing himself was really touching!
    And okayyyyy....if that's what it would take for a wife to get to sleep with her husband...LOL. I'm talking about ZYL and his first wife...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-12-14 at 08:49 PM.