Thread: Bad Father

Default Bad Father

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...-wife-charity/
    HONG KONG: Hong Kong superstar Jackie Chan revealed in a recent interview with a Hong Kong newspaper that he will leave his entire fortune, estimated to be worth about HK$2.2 billion (S$347 million), to his charity and his wife, Joan Lin, reported Hong Kong media.

Chan said he decided to do so after Lin stood by him, even when he strayed and had a daughter, Etta, with Hong Kong actress Elaine Ng in 1999.

The action star added that he does not intend to acknowledge Etta as it "is pointless even if I acknowledge her now", and would not include her in his will.

When asked for her response to Chan's comments, Ng said that it "did not concern" her, and stressed that she can care for her daughter alone.

Ng also clarified that she did not get a big 'breakup-fee' from Chan, after they parted ways many years ago, and said she no longer wished to talk about it as "it is all in the past".

Chan's son with Lin, Hong Kong actor Jaycee Chan, won't inherit anything either.

Jackie Chan, who is currently on the road to promote his new film "Chinese Zodiac", had previously expressed that he expected his son to make his own money.

"If he is capable, he can make his own money," said Chan, at a Beijing awards ceremony last year.
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...mate-daughter/
    The Hong Kong action star has included his wife in his list of inheritors but not his illegitimate daughter

Jackie Chan has revealed that he has no plans to include his illegitimate daughter, Etta Ng, in his will.
    In response, Elaine stated, "It has nothing to do with me. We should set our sights forward. I have the ability to take care of Etta myself."

She has also refuted claims that Jackie had given her a large sum of money to support her and Etta's living expenses.

"Etta and I have agreed not to mention anything about the past from now on," Elaine added.
    Etta is the product of an extramarital affair between the fifty-eight-year-old action star and Miss Asia 1990 Elaine Ng, who gave birth to Etta in November 1999. Jackie admitted his wrongdoing publicly in the same year, saying, "I made a mistake all men make."
    "I'd thought of initiating a divorce with Joan at that time," Jackie confessed in a recent interview.

However, Jackie's wife, former actress Joan Lin was magnanimous and forgave him for his mistake. She even stood by Jackie throughout the incident as "it was the most difficult time for him".
    Jackie felt extremely remorseful and has since included Joan in his list of inheritors for his estimated HKD$2200 million (S$340 million) worth of assets.
    Wow, Jackie Chan is such a bad father. Create a child and refuse to raise and acknowledge her. I feel sick in the stomach when I read the news. If this is all true, then Jackie is such an irresponsible, selfish and cold blooded man.

If Jackie Chan had an illegitimate son instead, I wonder if he'd do the same. I have a feeling it's because it's a girl, that he does not owe her anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BenLin1234 View Post
    If Jackie Chan had an illegitimate son instead, I wonder if he'd do the same. I have a feeling it's because it's a girl, that he does not owe her anything.
    I hate the word "ILLEGITIMATE". The child had no choice and no said on whether he/she wanted to come this word. I don't care how much Jackie hates the girl mother, Elaine, but as a human being Jackie should step up and take responsibility of raising the girl. I am not saying just child support but he should be a father figure to her. He sounded like the child is a burden to him.