Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Footprints of Love

I feel so sorry for Annie. Hope she will meet someone better soon. Please update.

omg, i felt so sorry for annie. keep update!!

Oops, read over it and I meant, halfway to sleep, watching green hope!! Sorry!!
    Hehe, thanx Cece, guess watching movies does come in handy...
    Update soon!

Ch7:
    A Shocking Home Coming

Today was a special day for Louis. Jessica was able to return home. He was on his way home with Jess he was thinking, “How am I going to break the news to her”. Louis has been lying to Jess about Annie all this time, and how she’s been acting lately. Louis not wanting Jess to get worried while she was in the hospital told her that Annie has been treating the situation quite maturely after the day of the burial. But on the inside he knew that Jess knew the truth by understanding and knowing her sister too well, she knew Annie was deeply hurt.

“Louis, you want to tell me the truth yet? How is she? How bad is the situation?” Jess asked.

Louis took a deep breath and answered “She’s…she’s actually in a terrible situation but Bernice has been trying to cheer her up lately and…”

“AND?” Jess asked with concern in her eyes.

“Well the good thing is…Bernice said she found a new solution to cure Annie’s problems and she says it’s going to work” Louis announced.

“What kind of cure?” Jess asked suspiciously.

“I’m actually not sure…she didn’t tell me” Louis replied.

They’ve finally reached the house. The house, which Annie, Bernice and Jess all live in. Louis was helping Jess with one arm supporting her while she was using her crutches and in the other arm holding her baggage. He opened the door and they both smelt a severe odor. Alcohol filled the scent of the house; the house smelt nothing different from their bar. Jess looked around her supposedly nice clean house and found it a pig style. The coffee table was knocked over; pillows were all over the floor in the living room and the family room. The worst thing was cans of root beer and bottles of all different kinds of wine and beer were all scattered over the floor.

“This was the marvelous plan wasn’t it?” Jess asked in disbelief of the look of her pig style house.

“I swear I knew nothing of this plan… the house looked fine yesterday when I came to visit Annie and Bernice.” Louis said assuring her he had nothing to do with this.

“ BERNICE!!!” Jess screamed at the top of her lungs.

“OVER HERE!” Bernice screamed at the top of the stairs. She started to wave frantically at Jess and Louis. Bernice started to walk step-by-step down the stairs started to loose her balance. Her right foot suddenly missed the next step, which made her roll all the way down the flight of stairs.

Jess and Louis both knew; Bernice was drunk. Louis walked over to Bernice and knelt down beside her.

“ Are you okay? Where’s Annie?” Louis asked in concern.

“Did someone call me?” a voice asked crawling out of the couch.

“Annie!” Jess exclaimed.

Jess limped her way across all the cans and bottles of alcohol to her sister. She knew that Annie and Bernice have at least drank gallons of alcohol to get themselves this drunk. Annie and Bernice were both known as The Queens of Hearts Bar. Heart’s Bar is a bar that Jess owns. Annie and Bernice work there time-to-time as a part time job or just to help Jess out. Annie, Bernice and Jess can hardly ever get drunk since they are so used to the large amount of alcohol that they drink nearly everyday from drinking with the costumers at the bar.

Louis helped Jess pick up the girls and brought them to their rooms. Jess and Louis made sure that Annie was asleep and then they left her room. Jess walked slowly to Bernice’s room and knelt down beside her bed in concern. Jess rested her hands on Bernice’s and whispered, “ Why did you drink so much? I understand that Annie is heartbroken and you being a friend lending her support…but why did you drink so much? Is there something wrong…?
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK

owww, another new thing we know about the characters...."The Queens of Hearts Bar" I'm curious of why Bernise drank so much! Please update soon!
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

What a great plan I wonder what happened to Bernice. Update soon.

Thumbs up

Wow! Such a touching story. I love it!

hmm, i wonder why she drink. hope u update soon, i'll be waiting.

Default hi

sorry...i havnt been updating in hmm,,, a LONG while...i will start updating VERY soon once i start setling down with school...which will be soon...lol...anyways...i hope u'll still be reading...
    favorite series: twin of brothers, triumph in the skies, survivor's law, aqua heros, pearl princess 1/2/3, net deception, dreams of colour, my date with a vampire 1/2/3, ISWAK

Ch 8: What should I do?

Bernice sat on her bed, as her head leans against a pile of pillows. She slowly turns her body around resting her face into the pillows on her bed. “What should I do?” she kept asking herself as a tone of answers were floating in her head waiting for her to choose one; but this choice can’t easily be made, especially with a headache so big, she feels like her brain is going to blow up any minute now inside of her.

Bernice knows she has to make a decision to her question and fast but every time she decides to choose one of the answers to her problem… her stomach does a ‘flip-flop’ causing her to change her mind. These ‘flip- flops’ has been happening for days causing her to be really uncomfortable.

Suddenly someone she could hear a knock on her door, which disturbed her thoughts. Bernice got up and opened the door and at her surprise, it was Louis.
    “What are you doing here? Aren’t you at work?” Bernice asked slowly and coolly, as she is still half asleep with a huge headache.
    Louis gives Bernice a ‘hello’ smile and tells her that breakfast is ready downstairs with Annie and Jess waiting for her.
    “I’ll be there in a minute,” she yelled downstairs to the two girls.

Bernice quickly ran to the washroom, brushed her teeth and then took a shower. As she was getting dressed she realized some bruises on her body, which she did not see before. “I wonder how those got here,” Bernice asked herself. Bernice went downstairs and joined the others at the table. As she picked up her glass of milk she looked at Jess and asked “ Do you know how I got 5 bruises on my body?”

Jess looked at Louis and they both started to laugh out loud. As those two were laughing hysterically Bernice and Annie gave each other a confused look. Finally after a few minutes they cooled down and stopped.

“You rolled down the stairs yesterday Bern…” Jess told her.

“Ouch, that must of hurt!” Annie commented.

“Of course it did! It’s a half wooden staircase!” Bernice exclaimed while rubbing her bruise on her hip.

“Louis, aren’t you suppose to be at work?” Annie asked him.

Louis checked his watch for the time and said “ Nope, I start at 1pm today.”

Bernice looked at Louis and she realized he looks just the same as all the other days she has known him, but to her, he does not feel the same as before after the scene she saw at his office two days ago. She looked at Jess who was smiling happily at Louis and Bernice thoughts were going through her head again “Should I tell her? If I do, will that smile fade away– and if I don’t, what will happen if she finds out on her own, and will she forgive me for not telling…” as another ‘flip-flop’ rolled into her stomach and took over her thoughts…

comments pleaz...

Ch9: Unexpected Viewers

'Three days ago I was still hesitating but today I’m going to do it. I’m going to tell Jess and nothing can stop me; not even u stomach ‘flip-flop-ers’!’ Bernice told herself. Today the three ladies had a half day off, they were all going to go on a shopping trip together as a cheering up present to Annie, since Annie adores shopping when she feels depressed.

“My feet are aching, my arms feel like their going to fall off, and I am so tired, can we take a break…” Jess begged.

“Who told you to wear a pair of four inch heels on a shopping trip” Annie said with a little laugh at the end of her comment.

“Looks like Miss Frowny here is feeling a lot better today” Bernice said with a smile in her heart with relief. “ Jess, lets finish with that shop over there and then we can take a break, okay?” Bernice announced.

“Fine…” Jess moaned.

The three girls were all exhausted by the time they finished that last shop Bernice pointed to. They had bought tones of the newest fashions to add to their wardrobes. Now came a time to sit down, loosen up their legs and restore their calories so they can start preparing to go back to work.

“Guys...I had a great time today...thanks” Annie told her two best friends with a smile as she took a bite of her ice cream.

“No problem!” Bernice told Annie, “ We had a great time, and I’ve never bought so much stuff all at once!” Bernice said as she kicked Jess’ leg under the table to bring her back to earth.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Jess said as she gave an evil stare at Bernice.

“Just wanted to know if you were still here and not in dreamland” Bernice told her.

“Yeah sis, is there something wrong? I mean look at you compared to us, you just bought five items during this whole shopping trip!” Annie said as she looked down at her dozen of bags.

“I’m okay, its just that Louis hasn’t been around during these three days, you know...” Jess said drearily.

After they were done with their snacks they decided to head home. The three girls put their bags in the trunk and got into Jess’ car. The car ride was nice and calm with not much traffic on the roads. Suddenly their car started to slow down and eventually stopped on its own on the side of the road.

“What happened?” Bernice asked from the back seat.

“Arggg, I forgot to put some oil in the car!” Jess said as she opened her door and stepped out of the car. She looked around the road and saw no taxi’s around. She picked up her cell phone and called the tow-car to drag the car away. Annie and Bernice stepped out of the car as well to keep an eye out for a taxi.

Two hours ago Bernice, Jess and Annie were standing on the sidewalk waiting for a taxi. Luckily, a passerby who was walking his dog noticed them. He told them they wouldn’t find a taxi today; all the taxi workers are on strike. It was pure luck that their car broke down near Louis’ office. They took the elevator up to the 5th floor of the building knowing even if the door to the his office wasn’t open; there are still some couches outside of the elevator that they can rest in. As they reached the 5th floor they noticed that the door and the lights to his office was still open.

“Louis found himself a good secretary, she even works this late when he’s out of town!” Annie announced.

As they slowly walked into the office, they noticed that there was no one around. They kept wondering around until they reached Louis’ office and they saw...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
    so here the 9th chapter! what do you think? leav me comments all!!! I dont mind if you leave me more than one...hehehe...lol

omg, what they saw, i hope its something bad. i hate louise's charracter!

sorry for the long wait.....been really busy
    hope u all can 4giv me and .... ENJOY!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~~

Ch11: Puzzled

Annie’s jaw dropped ten feet as she saw her sister’s boyfriend being kissed by a girl, and that girl wasn’t her sister. Jess’ eyes were starting to be filled with tears and fury at the sight of Louis cheating on her.
    Jess stormed to his offices’ door and shouted, “ What are you two doing?”

Louis’ eyes opened wide as he knew that kiss that was just given to him by Anne was hard to explain. Bernice walked up beside Jess trying to calm her down before she does something that she might regret afterward.

“Bern, why are you helping him? Did you know about this?” Jess asked furiously.

“I…” Bernice murmured.

Jess looked back and forth, from Bern to Louis and Anne. Jess couldn’t handle the pressure and the stress and stormed out of the office. She ran down the flights of stairs, the streets, past buildings, parks and onto her block. After her one-hour sprint, she finally stopped. She lay down on the grass at a park. She took deep breaths in and out trying to get rid of the pain; not just the cramp she got from her sprint, but from the arrow that Louis shot to hit her heart. Jess was devastated. Her heart ached even more than her cramp. Bern and Louis, two of the people she trusted the most let her down and broke her heart.
    In the meantime, Annie and Bernice are looking everywhere for Jess.
    “Annie, you got to believe me, I really did want to tell Jess, and … it’s just that I didn’t know how to say it…and…”Bernice said inarticulately.
    “Wow, calm down” Annie said. “You’ve been saying this for the past hour, I know you wanted to tell Jess, I know!” Annie proclaimed.
    “You really believe me?” Bernice asked.
    “Yes” Annie reassured her.
    “Why…” Bernice questioned.
    “You were sleep talking yesterday…” Annie said while giving Bernice a funny look.
    “No way-” Bernice announced.
    Bernice was cut off by a car’s honk.
    “Guys, hop on, we’ll find her quicker this way” Louis told them, for the tenth time.
    “No thank you” Annie responded harshly and looked at Louis and then at Anne who was sitting on the passenger seat, while giving him a look of ‘perfect person to bring in the car while looking for Jess’
    After a while, they finally found Jess, lying on the grass at the park. Bernice and Annie slowly sat down beside her. Jess heard their movements and opened her eyes. She looked at her girlfriends and hugged them tightly, not wanting to loose them too.
    “Jess I-” Bernice whispered regretfully.
    “I understand…” Jess reassured her.
    “Jess...I...” Louis tried to explain, but he has no confidence on what he would say, or how to say it, the truth is, he loves Jess, but what he did cannot be forgiven or forgotten.

Ch11-Seeking the Answer

Straggling my footsteps, I walked outside. I sat down at the foot of The Tree and looked up at the sun. I put my palm against the ground where all the buried boxes are. Tears started to form in my eyes as I felt the pain rushing from beneath the ground into my palms, up my arm and into my heart. Gushes of pain suddenly stroke me as I thought about Jess and what she’s going through. I looked around the yard, and I saw her. She was sitting up on the tree that Louis and her planted when they started going out. I slowly got up and walked towards her and the tree, leaving my spot of pain.
    “Jess?” I cried.
    “Hey…”Jess said as she forced a smile.
    I climbed up the tree and leaned against a branch. We just sat there, gazing up to the skies, not saying a word.
    A full moon came out with all its stars shimmering flawlessly against the black sky.
    “The sky’s beautiful tonight, isn’t it?” Jess spoke.
    “It sure is” I responded.
    “You have anything you want to ask me?” Jess questioned.
    “I…do.” “What’s going to happen?”
    Jess took a deep breath and said, “ I don’t know…I want to forgive and forget, I really do, but I don’t know how. He was drunk, he didn’t know what he was doing and it happened; he ‘slept’ with her. At the office, he said that was just a good-bye kiss and nothing more…what should I do Annie?”
    I looked up at the sky, hoping the answer to that question was written somewhere, but it wasn’t. I asked myself, ‘How am I suppose to answer Jess, when I still don’t know the answer to my own problems?’
    A shadow was walking up towards us as a little call asked, “ Can I join you two?”
    Without an answer she climbed up beside us and sat down. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier” Bernice spoke softly to both of them.
    Jess gave Bernice a little smile and said, “It’s ok.”
    “Bern, what did you see?” I asked as I looked at Jess to see if she minds knowing a bit more (even thought there is not much more she can be acquainted with).
    Jess gave a little nod to Bern gesturing that she go ahead and say it.
    “I saw Louis and Anne coming out of an apartment together,” Bernice slowly replied which led to another long moment of silence as the three girls sat up on the tree and gazed at the beauty of the moon and stars.

*~*~*~*~*~*~
    what do u think? hows the story comming along? you guys enjoy??