2012 TVB Anniversary Awards: Wayne Lai and Tavia Yeung Win Top Honors

The 45th TVB Anniversary Awards ceremony concluded to many cheers on Monday night in Hong Kong. Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) was crowned Best Actor for The Confidant <大太監>. Tavia Yeung (楊怡) won Best Actress for her performance in Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>. When Heaven Burns <天與地> was not forgotten by audiences despite airing one year ago and won the Best Series award.
TVB almost pushed the mass hysteria button when it announced that Hong Kong audiences’ votes will determine the winners of the Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Series awards this year. TVB artists actively campaigned for fan votes, quickly arousing criticism that the awards were a popularity contest. Hackers, who had brought the 2012 Miss Hong Kong Pageant voting system to its knees, were widely feared to also disrupt the Anniversary Awards show. Fortunately, TVB’s technical system prevailed and audiences voted wisely for the well-deserved winners.
Best Series: When Heaven Burns
Produced by Jonathan Chik (戚其義) and written by Chow Yuk Ming (周旭明), When Heaven Burns was voted by Hong Kong audiences as the Best Series. Aired at the end of last year, the finale was broadcast on January 1, 2012. Despite the long lapse since its broadcast, When Heaven Burns left a deep impression for its original script and stellar acting performances.
Other top finalists in the Best Series category were The Confidant and The Hippocratic Crush < On Call 36小時>.
Best Actor: Wayne Lai
Leading up to the Anniversary Awards ceremony, Raymond Lam (林峯) was regarded to have the highest chance in winning Best Actor due to his large fan base. Kenneth Ma (馬國明) was also regarded as a top favorite, after winning Malaysia’s TV King award. Fans and artists were equally shocked when it was announced that Wayne Lai won the TVB Best Actor award for The Confidant, marking his third victory in four years of the same honor.
Accepting the Best Actor award from Deanie Ip (葉德嫻), Wayne felt very lucky and thanked the audience for voting for his victory, which made it even more meaningful. “It has been ten years since I returned to TVB. How many decades does one have in life? I thank Catherine Tsang (曾勵珍) for bring me back onstage. I want to share the honors with the three most important people in my life: my wife, son, and mother.”
The other top finalists in the Best Actor category were Raymond Lam, Kenneth Ma, Damian Lau (劉松仁), and Moses Chan (陳豪).

Link
http://www.jaynestars.com/news/2012-...in-top-honors/