Thread: Jackie Chan was hunted by triads

Default Jackie Chan was hunted by triads

In more Jackie Chan news...

While many Hong Kong artistes have been over the years revealed to have somewhat been blackmailed or forced to film projects, it seems that even martial arts veteran Jackie Chan is no stranger to the harrowing experience.

While speaking at the promotional events of his latest movie "CZ12" in Hong Kong, Jackie revealed that at one point of his career he was pursued by triad members too.

According to JayneStars site, even seeking refuge in the United States for some time didn't work. As soon as he got off the plane, bullets were fired at him.

Having enough of it, Jackie took matters into his own hands and started carrying a gun with him every day.
    "When I went to a restaurant for dinner, I was surrounded by dozens of triad members armed with large knives. I showed them my gun and had two more inside my jacket."

Adds Jackie who said he also sometimes carried grenades for protection, "I told them that I wasn't going to take it anymore."

When intentions of harming him didn't work, the triad then went after his contracted artistes, amongst which were Maggie Cheung, Joey Wong and Jacky Cheung.

To resolve the matter, Jackie then spent a reported half a million dollars to hire protection from the mainland.

Source
    -SC

Chan can't seem to catch a break these days. He's been in the news a lot recently, but not for the best reasons.

He's asking for it though with the type of comments he's making.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    He's asking for it though with the type of comments he's making.
    This is nothing new for Jackie Chan. He's long had a tendency to run his mouth without running it through his brain (and even he admits this as a flaw of his), and it's gotten him into trouble before. Some would say he's being honest with his ideas and feelings, and that's probably true, but if his ideas and feelings are based on very poor understanding of the situation, then as a public figure, he's better served keeping those ideas to himself.