Thread: Need help creating up a name for my character's weapon?

Default Need help creating up a name for my character's weapon?

I'm creating my own story, and my character is susposed to have his own unique weapon, just how how Ouyang Ke has a fan, Yang Guo has his Iron Sword thing, and Hong Qigong has his Dog Beating Stick, etc (All from Condor Trilogy). So can ideas? For weapons, I can only think of a fan, a sword, a stick, the dress like Xiaolongnu, and that's it:s. For name ideas, I have none. Plus help me with my ideas!

Can you tell us a little about your character? Like the gendet, age, personality traits, etc.

Here's a bunch of weapons to choose from: http://edu.ocac.gov.tw/culture/chine...ngfu/e/5-1.htm

Consider naming your character xiao min.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...th-of-HSDS2003

What sect, if any, does your character come from? Is he from the orthodox sects or unorthodox sects? Is he famous or infamous?

Yeah, you need to give more information on the user of the weapon. Is he gentlemanly, scholarly, brutish, warrior-like, etc?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by JadeHeart View Post
    Can you tell us a little about your character? Like the gendet, age, personality traits, etc.
    Personality traits: Just like Yang Guo, kindaof LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Yeah, you need to give more information on the user of the weapon. Is he gentlemanly, scholarly, brutish, warrior-like, etc?
    It's a she, but her personality is a bit similar to Yang Guo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    What sect, if any, does your character come from? Is he from the orthodox sects or unorthodox sects? Is he famous or infamous?
    Doesn't come from any sect. She's infamous (kinda of at first), but then later on becomes a hero.

Random Weapon (I had written a much longer version with DnD 3.5 stats just for the hell of it but had a disconnect so I lost it all).

Name: Heaven and Earth

Left handed battle gauntlet made of xuan tie (the black metal with the red sheen) known as Earth. This is used to block, catch and break weapons as well as to execute powerful attacks. Emphasis on simple and direct attacks.

Silvery-blue ribbon sword known as Heaven wielded in the right hand. This is used to execute fast dazzling attacks that rely on speed and exquisite techniques.

Together with both weapons you have a combination of hard and soft styles at your disposal. Left to smash through defenses and destroy weapons, right for crowd control and misdirection.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    Random Weapon (I had written a much longer version with DnD 3.5 stats just for the hell of it but had a disconnect so I lost it all).

Name: Heaven and Earth

Left handed battle gauntlet made of xuan tie (the black metal with the red sheen) known as Earth. This is used to block, catch and break weapons as well as to execute powerful attacks. Emphasis on simple and direct attacks.

Silvery-blue ribbon sword known as Heaven wielded in the right hand. This is used to execute fast dazzling attacks that rely on speed and exquisite techniques.

Together with both weapons you have a combination of hard and soft styles at your disposal. Left to smash through defenses and destroy weapons, right for crowd control and misdirection.
    Woah wish I could come up with smt like that...

I've read a lot of fantasy and wuxia over the years, and spent years DMing and playing RPGs.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Creating own story..wow, that is very interesting!